Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Covid 19 radio ads that repeat ad nauseam. I get that it's an emergency and all need to be informed but the constant repetition is making Classic Hits 4FM unlistenable at this stage, especially the "it's having a big impact on how we live our lives" one. Well DUUUUH!!

It’s everywhere. Last night Hyundai had even worked it into there ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Candie wrote: »
    TA at older people convinced of their own immortality. I think my Gran might be about to go rogue.

There’s a good chance she has from what I can see!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

There are ways of saying things.
    Sometimes it's not what you say but how how say it.

If people haven't got this by adulthood, there's probably no hope for them.

Knowing how things go I'll probably lose the plot in a nuclear fashion for the first time in years at the next eejit I meet after typing the above.

Antares35 wrote: »
    Walking the dog beside my house earlier and there were two cyclists coming up the road behind. I stepped in to one side, assuming they would have the cop on to at least go single file as they passed. Of course not. The self important lycra-clad gits kept two abreast, one each side of the road so I couldnt get two metres away. They werent locals either so definitely giving the two fingers to the 2km thing.

Maybe they were up from Connemara ;-)

I am annoyed with myself for eating so terribly the last few weeks. It's not a surprise because I do this when stressed but I need to get a handle on it. Stooped coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Week 3 of the lockdown:
    Neighbours are still driving me up the walls.
    #11 - had builders in for the last 2 weeks, now seems to have a painter/decorator in this week
    #10 and #1 - have been sending their children up and down to each other's house for the entire duration of the lockdown to play
    #14 had a strange car parked outside it all night on Saturday so someone was obviously staying over
    #6 - seems to be having a birthday party for their 1 year old twins. A carload of people just went into their house and #10 have just called over to the house.
    #7 - has his kids out screaming in the road every single day.

I shouldn't be paying them so much attention coz it's really riling me up how they're just blatently flouting all the rules. But they're right outside my house. It's impossible to miss the comings and goings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Week 3 of the lockdown:
    Neighbours are still driving me up the walls.
    #11 - had builders in for the last 2 weeks, now seems to have a painter/decorator in this week
    #10 and #1 - have been sending their children up and down to each other's house for the entire duration of the lockdown to play
    #14 had a strange car parked outside it all night on Saturday so someone was obviously staying over
    #6 - seems to be having a birthday party for their 1 year old twins. A carload of people just went into their house and #10 have just called over to the house.
    #7 - has his kids out screaming in the road every single day.

I shouldn't be paying them so much attention coz it's really riling me up how they're just blatently flouting all the rules. But they're right outside my house. It's impossible to miss the comings and goings.

Call the guards on #6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Maybe they were up from Connemara ;-)

I am annoyed with myself for eating so terribly the last few weeks. It's not a surprise because I do this when stressed but I need to get a handle on it. Stooped coronavirus

In that case it is more of a TA if they don't want people visiting their village but have no problem annoying others ;)

In that case it is more of a TA if they don't want people visiting their village but have no problem annoying others ;)

:D

Call the guards on #6

I'm such a crank I would be calling the guards on everyone. :P

TA I have this dread that our numbers are going to be seriously affected by the people who will break the restrictions this weekend. I would normally welcome good weather and 4 days off work, but not this time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It's just gone 11.30 and the 8yr old is looking for lunch, FML. Breakfast was at 9 and she has not long had a snack. I have tried hopefully telling her if she has lunch now she will have to have dinner around 3 and go to bed by 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My hands have patches of contact dermatitis from the constant use of different brands of anti bac on them.
    I know its nothing in comparison to a lot of ppl, but its freaking sore.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    It's just gone 11.30 and the 8yr old is looking for lunch, FML. Breakfast was at 9 and she has not long had a snack. I have tried hopefully telling her if she has lunch now she will have to have dinner around 3 and go to bed by 5.
    Sounds like a good plan ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,825 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

When your browsing boards on the phone and your fat fingers accidentally click on a posters name instead of forum name .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    When your browsing boards on the phone and your fat fingers accidentally click on a posters name instead of forum name .

Who are you stalking?? :D

I'm always doing that though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Likewise when you open Safari on the phone and you click on the Google Doodle instead of the search bar.

Who are you stalking?? :D

I'm always doing that though. :)

You :p

It's awful !

My TA has turned into a TH that I'm not the only one it happens to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My phone screen is always jumping and the keyboard obscures what I'm typing, then there's popups everywhere to obscure a bit more.
    I can't see what I'm typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having stood 3 mts apart in the sun, waited for space at the decom station, q'ed to pay and got home, to discover that I didn't buy the thing I went in for!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

F*cking click-bait and factually incorrect weather articles. "Glorious Easter Weekend on the Way" - but when you read it, what it basically says is, "weather will be thoroughly average. Friday will be cloudy and wet. Saturday will be mostly wet with some very brief periods of sun (blink and you will miss them). Sunday will be about 9 degrees and will also have lots of cloud" - like WTF???:mad: Why are these numpties allowed to create such misleading headlines??

TA our neighbours are clearly not taking the restrictions seriously. I wouldn't mind so much if we didn't share a communal garden area and entrance gates. Constant stream of people visiting them. Today their visitors brought young children. So, we basically have to assume that neighbours have the virus since they are taking no precautions, which means sanitising every time we touch the post box, gates etc. I have a feeling they will have even more people over the weekend. I'll he hopping if they all end up sitting out in our shared space. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

TA our neighbours are clearly not taking the restrictions seriously. I wouldn't mind so much if we didn't share a communal garden area and entrance gates. Constant stream of people visiting them. Today their visitors brought young children. So, we basically have to assume that neighbours have the virus since they are taking no precautions, which means sanitising every time we touch the post box, gates etc. I have a feeling they will have even more people over the weekend. I'll he hopping if they all end up sitting out in our shared space. :mad:

We're not doing too bad on the social distancing now, I still see muppets like you mentioned but I've resigned myself to the fact that in every country there will be a small number of people like them who are...

(a) Too stupid to follow the rules, they simply don't have the brainpower to compute the information.

(b) Too pig-headed to follow the rules. Dyed in the wool contrarians who know better than everyone else, and make a hobby out of going against the grain.

You :p

It's awful !

My TA has turned into a TH that I'm not the only one it happens to :D

Ah now, I know we are in hard times but would you not stalk someone interesting at least??? :D

Ah now, I know we are in hard times but would you not stalk someone interesting at least??? :D

You're not boring !!

TA , em , forget what it was so my TA is that I'm forgetful :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Apparently "blood is thicker than water" means you can treat people you supposedly love like rubbish :mad:

This is a pet TA.

It's actually "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb,"

Blood shed in battle bonds soldiers more strongly than simple genetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Ultra trivial but poorly fitting bed sheets.

This is a pet TA.

It's actually "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb,"

Blood shed in battle bonds soldiers more strongly than simple genetics.

It's up there with the "immaculate conception" for people getting arseways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

Ultrflat wrote: »
    Ultra trivial but poorly fitting bed sheets.

BOING!! and the sheet flies halfway to claremorris.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I can’t seem to concentrate on my college work

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I'm always doing that! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My friend's sister is a bit of a pontificator (is that even a word? I like it) on the ould facebook. This evening she shared a link to a news report urging people to stay at home this weekend and stay away from touristy spots when the weather is good. As if she was some sort of local politician or councillor.

The only thing is she posted pictures of herself last week walking her dogs along a beauty spot that is an hour's drive from her home. So much for practising what you preach, or are you exempt from criticism when your dogs are essentially your children?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement