Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

When you are trying to get one singular wetwipe out,and the whole pack comes out.Just why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭gifted

Screaming match!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Category C celebs love islanders and all those stupid ass people who walk around like their gods. But have about as much credibility or depth as standing water on the side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

dubstarr wrote: »
    When you are trying to get one singular wetwipe out,and the whole pack comes out.Just why?

It's not just me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

cj maxx wrote: »
    Thank you :) I burst out laughing at that. Fcucking eejit :)
    happy to provide a service in these difficult times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

some people I work with have not adjusted well two working remotely and are an absolute pain to deal with over telco/calls

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

a dull toothache .......the wondering if any dentist will see me, or if it is even wise to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Deja Boo wrote: »
    a dull toothache .......the wondering if any dentist will see me, or if it is even wise to do now.

Most are closed except for emergencies. Waiting room shut; wait outside and they'll call you when they're ready. If you're in pain, you should considering going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

That Willy Wonka would have invented a ever lasting Rum bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

The amount of thirty somethings who come on the Radio for interviews....mainly medicos or "experts" in some field who answer EVERY fcukin question with "So........"

Q Can you bring us up to date ...

A So we are yada yada yada....

Bruised my knee the other day rushin for the off button when some Trinners mare answered the first THREE questions with "So...."

I know it shouldn't grind my gears so much ....but it does.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA shouty talkers

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Just rang, must wait until I can afford the emergency fees to be out of pain.

Clove oil might help a little bit :( Feel better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The amount of thirty somethings who come on the Radio for interviews....mainly medicos or "experts" in some field who answer EVERY fcukin question with "So........"

Q Can you bring us up to date ...

A So we are yada yada yada....

Bruised my knee the other day rushin for the off button when some Trinners mare answered the first THREE questions with "So...."

I know it shouldn't grind my gears so much ....but it does.....
    I've noticed that myself, only this last few years it seems to have become the norm. I HATE it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Teachers who use their teacher voice all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

TA'd at stale popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Theres nothing nice to eat in the house.

TA my stove isn't suitable for cooking on. The waste of heat energy really ta's me. It makes diy sauce/soup/preserves less economiicalwhenyou have to use gas/electricity to simmer or dehydrate foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I went into the thread about how you're passing the time in the crisis.
    I came out feeling like a failure :D

To thine own self be true

The assumption that theres an ulterior motive behind curiosity about new laws.
    You're either upto something, afraid of being caught without the right paperwork, or a garda-hater. You couldn't just be interested....

Assumptions grind my gears at the best of times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Burning the bread, couldn't even call it toast !!

Having no more wine left, it's just as well !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

We came across an eejit giving his daughter a driving lesson on a country road yesterday near our house. We had to pull the car into the ditch. The poor girl panicked... we all remember how scary it is. Then we had to sit and wait while they got out and switched seats and he took over. Who goes for a driving lesson on a small country road during a pandemic? They werent local so clearly also giving the two fingers to the restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 AliciaS

My teeth have been giving trouble since last November. My own fault of course for leaving it too long to get some fillings done. Unfortuately it seems my options for now are to struggle through the pain or get the tooth removed. I got a few numbers today for a few emergency dentists so hopefully one of them might be able to help me. Don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. Hate the thought of getting the tooth removed even if it's a very back one but I can't have this pain for the next few weeks, months, god knows how long. The thoughts of spending the long weekend inside with a toothache is driving me spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

People flouting the current regulations. I know a few who should be cocooning but are out and about, down to the shop every morning.

The terms "creepy crawlies" and I'm conflicted about "minibeasts".

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

degsie wrote: »
    TA'd at stale popcorn

Is that a dig?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Is that a dig?

Not so fresh these days?

Some poor chap who probably has the flu seems to go out to the shop about the same time as I go walking. I met him on the road a second time today. He was sneezing and coughing and his face is always shadowed by the baggy grey hood of his jumper (even in bright sunlight). It's like medieval leper chic. It's just a bit ta in the current situation when you hear the coughing getting louder behind you as he gets closer. A bit of space, please...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Star Fish

So I work in a shop
    You're mean't to be at home but all you want to know if we sell ice cream cones
    Go the **** home!!

Boobs out for Boris.

That is so English. I know people who would actually do it, while laughing like hyenas.

I do love lots of English people and some of their culture but...sometimes.

And TA "over the knee" socks which are only over the knee if you're shorter than 5'2"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Reading that Linda Martin MAY have had Coronavirus last month......

• Advertisement

madmaggie wrote: »
    People flouting the current regulations. I know a few who should be cocooning but are out and about, down to the shop every morning.

I'm still working (staggered hours) and was driving home on M1 yesterday , had to go through a massive Garda checkpoint, all good, I wasn't stopped despite huge tailbacks.

Came home and met my 75 year old neighbour in her garden, who had cancer in January, and told her about the Garda checkpoint. She said "that wasn't there yesterday on my way back "!!! She is out and about everyday. I have offered to do her shopping , walk her dogs but every day I see the little car heading out at some stage! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement