Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

blade1 wrote: »
    So what do you think of her?:pac:
    Go on, you can tell us SG. We don't like her either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

After all these years of being married, I still haven't realized to lie. Whenever my Mrs. asks me what I honestly think of her deviously and meddling sister.

I reckon she's nice underneath it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,781 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I reckon shady wants to ride her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

You've changed your tune. A couple of weeks ago you told me she was an auld cow. Remember? because she called round and ate all your jaffa cakes on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You've changed your tune. A couple of weeks ago you told me she was an auld cow. Remember? because she called round and ate all your jaffa cakes on you.

Well seriously like, if someone ate all my Jaffa cakes,I'd tear em a new one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The way some of the news people are doing a D4
    Job of pronouncing “The Cowvid Voyrus”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

One of the discs in the 33CD Donna Summer Encore box is scratched. The whole thing has to go back to Amazon.

And my iPhone is stuck in headphone mode. I last used headphones with it three weeks ago (to listen to music while on the train). Have been working from home since then. Seems to have happened suddenly. Have tried powering if off, cleaning the headphone jack, switching to airplane mode etc. Nothing works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

There was a statement couple of weeks ago sent out by a guy on lockdown in China, he said not to watch or read too much media about the virus, it will drive you crazy if you are following it all day every day. Do something else with your time to keep your mind off things.

I think he's right too.
    Definitely agree. I managed to avoid it for about two whole days a while ago and I felt immense relief!

I check the spanish stats because my parents are stuck there and it annoys me when I am trying to find some hope and see am article about how they reached their peak or whatever and then that hope is dashed with "oh but they're all still f*cked" :p

One of the discs in the 33CD Donna Summer Encore box is scratched. The whole thing has to go back to Amazon.

And my iPhone is stuck in headphone mode. I last used headphones with it three weeks ago (to listen to music while on the train). Have been working from home since then. Seems to have happened suddenly. Have tried powering if off, cleaning the headphone jack, switching to airplane mode etc. Nothing works.

Try making a phone call and then switch to phone or phone speaker during call.
    It's years since I had an iPhone but it worked for me before.

It was actually my chocolate digestives that she scoffed, the wagon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Reminds me, I've an aunt that I despise (my mother's sister). I think I mentioned her before. Hyacinth from Keeping up Appearances. And it's gas because her husband is very like Richard too. A real mouse of a man. Anyway every so often she will do something unreasonable or have a go at my mother over something - doesn't matter what it is. For example, when my mum told her she was worried about my Dad being at risk of Covid-19 because he is in his 70's and has diabetes, she had to retort with, "that's nothing, my husband has a heart condition would you cop on" - as if it is a f*cking competition.

She also has it in for me since I stood up to her over something a few years back (she doesn't like when people do that) and will take any opportunity to discredit anything do. Most recent example being when I got pregnant. A couple of seconds after my mother told her she said, "hmmm....yeah that's lovely. Oh, my daughter was just saying to me there how sad and pathetic it is that all her friends who are in their 30's now are just shacking up with any guy, they are so desperate to have kids, rather than waiting to find the right person". When I did well in my Leaving Cert. she said, "well that's only because she went to a private school isn't it".

My TA is not so much the way she is - there are ars*holes everywhere, but it's that every so often my mother will swear this is the last straw, she is never talking to her again, that's it she is finished with her etc.

Then a month later yer wan is back in our house for dinner and drinks. They get tipsy and are BFFs again. :pac: Apparently "blood is thicker than water" means you can treat people you supposedly love like rubbish :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Very TA... but my daughter and I should be in sunny Barcelona today for a weeks holiday.
    Not in my wildest nightmare could I have imagined what has come to pass.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Paid for my script over the phone in the week, collected it today .
    They can only fill it for a month to avoid stockpiling, if I have to ring and pay for another script for the duration of the closedown, I'll be more than ta'ed!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who feel the need to announce in-thread that they've reported a post.

Bonus sap points if they actually quote the post in question while doing so.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People who feel the need to announce in-thread that they've reported a post.

Bonus sap points if they actually quote the post in question while doing so.

Post reported! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA the thing that's fastest and easiest to grow is the one I least like. Salad leaves. That is not food, to me.

TA Facebook must be listening to private conversations or reading my messages.

5 ads for fertility aids, natural contraceptives and pregnancy tests.

When they get it wrong, they get it very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The multiple "bye bye bye" at the end of a phone call. Why do people do this?
    Also, social media lurkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My ex in England texted me last week saying he thought he had covid-19, and because he has asthma was worried he wouldn’t survive it. I told him to text me every so often to make sure he’s okay. Haven’t heard from him since Thursday and I’ve texted him twice since and he hasn’t read or answered them. Can’t decide if I should be worried or not

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    My ex in England texted me last week saying he thought he had covid-19, and because he has asthma was worried he wouldn’t survive it. I told him to text me every so often to make sure he’s okay. Haven’t heard from him since Thursday and I’ve texted him twice since and he hasn’t read or answered them. Can’t decide if I should be worried or not

Such a time calls for social media stalking?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Had something similar happen a few years ago with the Harry Potter Blu-ray collection, one of them wouldn't play (confirmed across multiple devices). They said sorry and sent me another one without having to send back the original. Waited a few months, bought the non-working disc second hand somewhere and sold the original, now working, collection for half price. Win!

TA'd that even without a VPN so very limited access to work systems, they seem to think we can work as if we were still at work with access to everything. How can we work as normal without access? And then to be basically giving out what we're not doing enough! Up to 80% of the business customers we support are closed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Such a time calls for social media stalking?

I did try but he’s not that big into social media so it wouldn’t be out of the ordinary if he wasn’t on it. Just logged into my PS account and saw he’s online so he must be okay. TA’d that he wouldn’t at least text me to let me know since he knows how I worry :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Had something similar happen a few years ago with the Harry Potter Blu-ray collection, one of them wouldn't play (confirmed across multiple devices). They said sorry and sent me another one without having to send back the original. Waited a few months, bought the non-working disc second hand somewhere and sold the original, now working, collection for half price. Win!

In fairness, Amazon's customer service is good. Depending on the item, they'll often let you keep it. This is an expensive box (£170) so they want me to send it back within 30 days but will issue a replacement set shortly. I'll continue play-testing the CDs in this box and when the replacement comes, will do a mix & match to have a working set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Kitty6277 wrote: »

I may be completely wrong......and forgive me if I am....
    But this sounds like a headfck move.. trying to exert control over you ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Bagels are great over rated

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Bagels are great over rated

So which is it? :pac:

Staggered work times over covid.
    Would normally have an hour done now but only starting now.
    Has to be done though.

Has to be done though.

Think of it as having a lie in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Has to be done though.

Im doing occasional split shifts to minimize the amount of people at work. Work from home first half of day, break from 1 till 5 then drive to work and work until 9 or 10 after everyone else has gone home.
    It's annoying but it could be a lot worse.

Think of it as having a lie in!

Once I wake I have to get up.
    Sure haven't I being lying in all night :pac:

Now work to be done! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Monday mornings are a slight TA. Has anyone ever mentioned that before?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement