Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,781 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The multiple "bye bye bye" at the end of a phone call. Why do people do this?
    Also, social media lurkers.

It's because of Seán Hughes.
    First place I ever say someone doing this was on Seán's Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I did try but he’s not that big into social media so it wouldn’t be out of the ordinary if he wasn’t on it. Just logged into my PS account and saw he’s online so he must be okay. TA’d that he wouldn’t at least text me to let me know since he knows how I worry :rolleyes:
    That lack of manners and thought is probably one of the reasons he is an ex.

Glad your're back on the thread yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Jeans that are advertised as straight leg but are tapered at the ankle, so too tight at the bit I need skimming most.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I may be completely wrong......and forgive me if I am....
    But this sounds like a headfck move.. trying to exert control over you ...

Could quite possibly be that as well, although we ended on decent enough terms and we chat the odd time so it’s not like he just popped up out of nowhere and was like “hey, I’ve got the virus”. Heard from him in the end so had nothing to be worried about

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

One of my runners has a hole in it, which makes walking down the park painful, there not even a year old FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

Planted 4 lots of seeds in containers last week. Only 3 are starting to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Trying to ignore someone but I dont think they have noticed...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TA that the dog needs to be groomed . It's like having a molting sheep in the house atm .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Just read that 20% of the government's order for PPE from China is of inadequate quality, and only 10% of the order actually arrived. I know "made in China" hasn't been a mark of quality for a long time but that just takes the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Planted 4 lots of seeds in containers last week. Only 3 are starting to appear.

Don't worry, still time.

• Advertisement

Don't worry, still time.

At the moment, I have plenty of it!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that my little boys snr infant class parents WhatsApp group has turned into 4 or 5 Mammies sending 'funny' videos and pics to each other. Interspersed with all the detritus is stuff I actually need to know for homeschooling.

Note for everyone - unless you know every person in the group intimately then keep it to business.

TA at the fact that, while shopping in Tesco earlier, breathing through my facemask was fogging up my glasses - also, TA that I'm a double nerd - asthma and glasses :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Just read that 20% of the government's order for PPE from China is of inadequate quality, and only 10% of the order actually arrived. I know "made in China" hasn't been a mark of quality for a long time but that just takes the piss.
    I saw a documentary about customs in NI recently, they were checking a shipment of those weird motorised skateboard things from China. Absolute scrap, the electrics and fuses were all substandard and incompatible. The woman said there was a very high chance that they would go on fire or explode if you charged them. They had to destroy them all. Apparently this is very common in Chinese gear. Quality control, regulations and health and safety etc is rubbish over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

TA at the fact that, while shopping in Tesco earlier, breathing through my facemask was fogging up my glasses - also, TA that I'm a double nerd - asthma and glasses :(
    d80.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There is unlimited demand for PPE at the moment. I would say the Chinese companies have just emptied their warehouses of everything.

This is one of the reasons why I think globalisation is dead (but that is a discussion for another thread).

TA that I am getting fat stuck at home all the time. I was just recovering from Xmas's excesses when the lock down arrived

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I remember RTE giving numbers for PPE during the week.
    They'd normally order 500,000 face masks per year.... they've ordered 24 million now ...
    all the other equipment orders are increasing in the same percentages......
    Take that we are 1 of 150 other countries ordering from China?...I'd say they are under huge pressure to fill orders....
    I read on Facebook that some scrubs that were sent are for maternity units ..and not for infection...so that's going to have to be sorted out...poor communication perhaps...

But..my TA is that the CDC are suggesting people in America all wear masks... while reports say that using reusable masks can increase your chance of infection

• Registered Users Posts: 30,259 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm getting really tired of all the Supermarket CoVid-19 ads lately!

Being a non smoker and smelling cigarette smoke wafting my way from the neighbour's garden!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d that I just can’t seem to get motivated to work out at home. Can’t wait for the gyms to reopen whenever that will be :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

TA'd at 'celebrities' complaining at being bored in their mansions, at TV ads continuously showing people kissing/hugging/high-fiving/cheering and in groups, at the neighbours re-discovering their power tools, at joggers huffing and panting as they pass well within 2M, at Netflix for lowering streaming rates, at people lingering in shopping aisles.......at not being able to think of more TA stuff....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Being a non smoker and smelling cigarette smoke wafting my way from the neighbour's garden!!

Listening to my neighbour smoking out in the back and hacking their lungs up every evening. He seems to time it every single time I go for a shower so that I can hear his guttural spluttering from my bathroom every single time.

Listening to my neighbour smoking out in the back and hacking their lungs up every evening. He seems to time it every single time I go for a shower so that I can hear his guttural spluttering every single time.

Nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

every second picture on my instagram feed is someone drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Some lad drove down my road with a canoe on his car.

I don't know why but it annoyed me.

Big red clownish looking boat on top of a SUV made for pygmies.

TA at older people convinced of their own immortality. I think my Gran might be about to go rogue.

She's coming out with stuff about her human right to be outside touching every surface and breathing in coughs while licking shopping trolley handles being curtailed. This is why I should never have taught her how to internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Walking the dog beside my house earlier and there were two cyclists coming up the road behind. I stepped in to one side, assuming they would have the cop on to at least go single file as they passed. Of course not. The self important lycra-clad gits kept two abreast, one each side of the road so I couldnt get two metres away. They werent locals either so definitely giving the two fingers to the 2km thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,422 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Being wide awake st 3.07, I was tired earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Being wide awake st 3.07, I was tired earlier.

Same boat, I am so god damm board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The Covid 19 radio ads that repeat ad nauseam. I get that it's an emergency and all need to be informed but the constant repetition is making Classic Hits 4FM unlistenable at this stage, especially the "it's having a big impact on how we live our lives" one. Well DUUUUH!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement