Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

TA waking up to news articles about traffic tailbacks as people head to Wexford etc. for the weekend. Why are so many people selfish morons.

Could do with some of the Spanish police here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Reading that Linda Martin MAY have had Coronavirus last month......

Don't have to ask? Is it on the Independent? Probably interviewed by Barry Egan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

madmaggie wrote: »
    People flouting the current regulations. I know a few who should be cocooning but are out and about, down to the shop every morning.
    Came home and met my 75 year old neighbour in her garden, who had cancer in January, and told her about the Garda checkpoint. She said "that wasn't there yesterday on my way back "!!! She is out and about everyday. I have offered to do her shopping , walk her dogs but every day I see the little car heading out at some stage! :eek:

*Looks at usernames* Are you sure you two aren't the same person, in a Jeckyll & Hyde kinda way?

maudgonner wrote: »
    *Looks at usernames* Are you sure you two aren't the same person, in a Jeckyll & Hyde kinda way?

ha , never even noticed that when I was posting - can assure you 2 different posters - one account here is enough!! but the Jeckyll and Hyde thought is funny :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

The use of the word 'unprecedented' every two seconds in any news reports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Came home and met my 75 year old neighbour in her garden, who had cancer in January, and told her about the Garda checkpoint. She said "that wasn't there yesterday on my way back "!!! She is out and about everyday. I have offered to do her shopping , walk her dogs but every day I see the little car heading out at some stage! :eek:

My brother was in the local Tesco just after 7 this morning, and said it was already packed full of people. A lot of the people there were elderly too, sauntering around, chatting to each other. :rolleyes: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Can we drop the rule that's it's impolite to take the piss out of someone for spelling mistakes? We've got full keyboards and predictive text on everything these days ffs. With some fellas it takes a while to try and work out wtf they were trying to say - before long they'll qualify as illiterate!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA that it’s not as sunny out today as it was yesterday

Pinterest recipes

Why is there always SO much waffle
    about how and why the yummy mummy came up with the recipe .....and I scroll... and how her kids 'just love' it .......and scroll....and lots of photos of the ingredients..... and scroll.... and how it's perfect for lunches.... and I scroll ..... and can be frozen in portions...... and eventually...... I get a list of ingredients and method.

Very Trivial
    Very Annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Slow walkers, how am I supposed to keep my distance if these people are walking at a snail pace?

People casually browsing items in supermarkets with no awareness, that there are people who are waiting for them to move on, so that they can get an item

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

TA'd at Tesco checkout staff having 'big chats' with customers after they've paid, while the tannoy system is telling people to complete their shopping as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Archeron

I have now read the entire internet. Can somebody build a new one please?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Archeron wrote: »

You missed a bit!! I bet you didn't read any of the T&Cs, disclaimers, privacy policies, etc. Now go back, start again, and do it properly this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Antares35 wrote: »
    TA waking up to news articles about traffic tailbacks as people head to Wexford etc. for the weekend. Why are so many people selfish morons.

Could do with some of the Spanish police here!

I'd actually like to know the states of the Garda checkpoint. Were the people working, shopping for essentials, etc and did a queue just build up when they set up the checkpoint or was there a large amount of them travelling for non essential reasons. Part of me thinks Des Cahill was out for likes on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Unable to login onto my LinkedIn page. Keeps closing on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The word Challenge - everything seems to be glossed over by calling something a challenge, kind of a bureaucrats/management word for we haven't got a clue :P

God be with the days when it was a junior hurling match :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Why i cant take a decent selfie.Everyone else looks lovely.I look like a serial killer looking for their next victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

dubstarr wrote: »
    Why i cant take a decent selfie.Everyone else looks lovely.I look like a serial killer looking for their next victim.

Do they photoshop them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

men(in this instance) who think they are being witty when they respond with a smart or obvious answer!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Do they photoshop them?

Maybe but i still look like a serial killer looking for their next victim.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Unable to login onto my LinkedIn page. Keeps closing on me.

LinkedOut or UnLinked?
    The word Challenge - everything seems to be glossed over by calling something a challenge, kind of a bureaucrats/management word for we haven't got a clue :P

God be with the days when it was a junior hurling match :D

100% agree! I think the fashion started in the US, where the word "problem" was considered too negative. God forbid people should call spade a spade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The bag-full-of-dog-sh*t-left-hanging-in-a-tree du jour, disposable gloves. They are everywhere. What kind of yoke takes them off and just f*cks them on the ground wherever they happen to be standing?

Double points for littering and potentially spreading our old mate, covid-19.

Archeron wrote: »

www.tinternet2.0.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Couple of trivial/borderline more annoyances tonight.

First, the company I work for, we all work from home. I was hired to do networking tech support for businesses. Because of covid, the foreign admin workers aren't working and can't work from home, so we're being asked to do the admin. Admin melts my buzz, it's why I went for tech support (it varies, it's not monotonous). So I've reluctantly being doing one type of admin work, which has no cost impact on the customer. Now, they have us doing cost impact admin, but the 'training' is a document which is not clear/steps are not going as per the doc. Now, I'm refusing to do them because a: not trained, b: doc is not clear/concise. But 2 others are ploughing on, making mistakes and fixing them as they go, all without training. Pretty sure it breaches data protection too, but anyway. That annoys me more than trivially, the need to be the good employee and do everything that is asked of them without question. Dangerous colleagues tbh.

Second, in the middle of all this, I've passed my probation and am entitled to further wellbeing benefits. Thing is, they gave me a week window to do them, but I work nights on a shift pattern. So I've only had 2 nights to do them, and I told them as much. They replied to my email today 'extending' the window until 3pm today! Didn't read the email until I started at 8pm (yes, I don't work outside of work, I know it sounds strange, but I don't like working when I'm not being paid).

Third, the messed up roster they gave us, which includes 5 weekends instead of 3 and days when days were not supposed to be aprt of my job (wouldn't have applued for day/night shift pattern role, supposed to be nights only). Should have been fixed by now, but due to covid it's basically being ignored now. Meanwhile I have to be ok with working days and working 6 nights out of 7 at certain weeks. They're all 12 hours shifts btw. 72 hours work, rostered, in 1 week. Pretty sure it's illegal, but again, the roster was made by someone who has probably never worked a 12 hour shift or a night in their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭MenloPete

It really exasperates me that Catriona Perry doesn't know how to say the word exacerbate.

At least twice on tonight's Six-One News we had Debenham's difficult trading conditions being exasperated by the Covid crisis

My dearly beloved plays The Weeknd Blinding Lights one more time.One is not not gonna make it.

On a different note anyone got a shovel and a bag of lime:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

dubstarr wrote: »
    My dearly beloved plays The Weeknd Blinding Lights one more time.One is not not gonna make it.

On a different note anyone got a shovel and a bag of lime:D
    It is a good song in fairness!

When did 'shops' become 'stores'?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

degsie wrote: »
    When did 'shops' become 'stores'?

Or when did ‘gigs’ become ‘shows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Why do major household appliances always break on Fridays?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement