Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Was supposed to have next week off work but got asked to come in as there is no one to cover me.
    Guess where all the cover is?
    Covering people that refuse to come in incase they get Corona virus :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why is it every time my dog does something cute or funny, the second I take out my phone to capture it, he stops. Why? Why!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Why is it every time my dog does something cute or funny, the second I take out my phone to capture it, he stops. Why? Why!

Same!! Mine has like a fifth sense. Every single time he stops. Put the camera on him directly too and he’ll look away disgusted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Work boredom levels are high today. I want to be doing boredom on my own time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I just finished cleaning my car, not 1 hour ago.

And a bird has just **** all over it. the glass roof, the windscreen, and even on the fcuking door handle!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

County councils closing allotments due to c19.
    It's one of the easiest places to keep your distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

I seem to have the Kevin McCloud of spiders living in my house. Since I've been stuck at home, ive been scrubbing and cleaning the house and it's spotless. Went for shopping today and came home to find the house full of cobwebs that would put the seven wonders of the ancient world to shame, and all built in about four hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I have the bloat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ultrflat wrote: »
    Dudes who leave

XXX

In every text they send whether your a dude or female.
    Fair enough but I'd make an exception for Vin Diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

people who barely know me who say 'stay safe', while wfh and studying isn't easy its not a war zone or am I likely to come in contact with the virus.

I get its meant well and all that but :mad::mad::mad:

Ta2, the dog is now running the house and his human is letting him.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Not an annoyance per se, more saddened that Raconteuse abruptly closed her account. I'm sure she'll immediately regret that reaction, the poster winding her up simply wasn't worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Not an annoyance per se, more saddened that Raconteuse abruptly closed her account. I'm sure she'll immediately regret that reaction, the poster winding her up simply wasn't worth it.

She can re-register with a new name in a day or 2....
    I've heard that people do this occasionally....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,371 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dropped ,and smashed a full bottle of olive oil yesterday.
    Swept, vaccines ( not hovered :( ) all glass I could find.
    TA is today I'm still finding bits when I walk around the kitchen

Clearly some do it more often than others. Not the most flattering attribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Now that is a goddamned shame. Her last account (Gimme A Pound) was closed over an admin error so hopefully that's the same thing here. She doesn't seem the type to rage quit, especially over that fool you're referring to. Hopefully all is ok with her. A very sound poster.

True, I'll be closing my account soon and re-regging as Killa Panda.

Clearly some do it more often than others. Not the most flattering attribute.

It keeps the mystery alive hoss,

Sad to read that about Raconteuse. I liked her common sense posts. I hope she comes back.

Don't know why anyone would try wind her up, but it seems to be the way here lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Candie wrote: »
    Sad to read that about Raconteuse. I liked her common sense posts. I hope she comes back.

Common sense......alas seems to be an oxymoron....it's not very common.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Media's refusal to allow ordinary people to have even a sliver of good news. I know the pandemic is serious, I don't think anyone is trying to deny it. But here's one this evening about how numbers appear to be stabilising across Europe, but then they have to qualify that by saying "but it is still really really really bad in Spain" (terrible paraphrasing I'm sorry :pac:) but like they won't allow us to have anything. Spanish death rates "soared" apparently (to the lowest number in days). Why would you use the verb "soared" where a number is decreasing? It's not just the pandemic that they do this with, it's literally everything though it is only TA'ing me now. :mad:

This whole thing is bad enough that they could just report the facts as they are and we would still be scared, they don't need to embellish their reporting with stupid National Enquirer vocabulary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Ta'd that the Irish Times and Irish Independent haven't made ALL their articles free online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Antares35 wrote: »
    Media's refusal to allow ordinary people to have even a sliver of good news. I know the pandemic is serious, I don't think anyone is trying to deny it. But here's one this evening about how numbers appear to be stabilising across Europe, but then they have to qualify that by saying "but it is still really really really bad in Spain" (terrible paraphrasing I'm sorry :pac:) but like they won't allow us to have anything. Spanish death rates "soared" apparently (to the lowest number in days). Why would you use the verb "soared" where a number is decreasing? It's not just the pandemic that they do this with, it's literally everything though it is only TA'ing me now. :mad:

This whole thing is bad enough that they could just report the facts as they are and we would still be scared, they don't need to embellish their reporting with stupid National Enquirer vocabulary.
    TV news love doom and gloom. An hour of negativity and fear finished up with a 1 minute 'and finally' light hearted story.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,188 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Late Late Show is a joke at this stage. After a week of news, Primetime, etc. They could try and do something a little more cheery but they love misery. I think the worst part for Ryan is he isn't in RTE at the moment.

TA'd at boards tbh
    Running slower than a fat kid on.sports day for over a week now...503 errors... glitches..cloudflare...it's just annoying as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Debit card cancelled due to suspicious transaction.
    New card on its way.
    Supposed to be able to use old card number for online transactions but it doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

After all these years of being married, I still haven't realized to lie. Whenever my Mrs. asks me what I honestly think of her deviously and meddling sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

After all these years of being married, I still haven't realized to lie. Whenever my Mrs. asks me what I honestly think of her deviously and meddling sister.
    So what do you think of her?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Totally agree. The media have taken to the whole Covid-19 bad news thing with unapologetic zeal.

From the national broadcaster down to local radio and free sheets. Every Cloud..... and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Totally agree. The media have taken to the whole Covid-19 bad news thing with unapologetic zeal.

From the national broadcaster down to local radio and free sheets. Every Cloud..... and all that
    There was a statement couple of weeks ago sent out by a guy on lockdown in China, he said not to watch or read too much media about the virus, it will drive you crazy if you are following it all day every day. Do something else with your time to keep your mind off things.

I think he's right too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mr Gloomy George Lee is only short of pointing out the best bridges we could jump from

• Advertisement

.................must have been George Lee.......RTE's doom merchant :mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement