Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ciderdude has pretty much everything so unless it's something truly awful or extremely rare then more than likely he has it...(check the pics of his attic).

Also for the uninitiated, you may think we sit around playing awesome games and talking about how great they are but the centrepiece is usually some CDi fmv game or something even more horrifying so if you have an awful game.... Then I'll play it.

Well hopefully there'll be some decent games on display! Not sure I fancy a 200km round trip just to watch CDi muck! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The CDi is banned from Beers!
    No one needs the torture of watching a play through of Burn Cycle, Zelda or other such crimes against humanity!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hey!
    Space Marines on the 3DO is pretty decent, the one with Genestealers.
    And I hope the floor upstairs can take the attendees, looks like a bumper crop.
    Space Pirates is an FMV shooter starring an ensemble of actors who look like they were picked up from the street, the controls don't work in any way that's logical, and the shot detection must have been done by an especially inept intern... it's pure cheese and all the better for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Working the 4th but going to see if i can get the early shift.

Not overly hopeful but i am owed a couple of favors so we shall see

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You go girl, gonna be a busy night, a few refugees from the Ninty forum might be coming along, going to lock them in a room with a copy of Killzone 2 and a PS3!

• Advertisement

I wont be able to make this one

Absolutely no way i can get Easter Saturday off :mad:

Sparks43 wrote: »
    I wont be able to make this one

Absolutely no way i can get Easter Saturday off :mad:

What time you off at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Should be able to make it , I can bring an MSX :)

And a Banjo!

What time you off at?

2am Sunday morning

Worst thing about being a barman :(

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    2am Sunday morning

Worst thing about being a barman :(

Wow
    Sucks to be you! ;)

I know though, I used to do nights and think of all the people having a laugh on a Friday night into Saturday morning as I went around the ward checking the lads.

@Cidey - On the assumption you own a PSP of some sort - would you mind if I tested a few games on it at the beers please? I got some Monster Hunter UMDs recently but don't own the handheld just yet so I've no idea if the disks are ok. (I threw up a wanted ad in the marketplace so might get sorted before then.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    @Cidey - On the assumption you own a PSP of some sort - would you mind if I tested a few games on it at the beers please? I got some Monster Hunter UMDs recently but don't own the handheld just yet so I've no idea if the disks are ok. (I threw up a wanted ad in the marketplace so might get sorted before then.)

He had a PSP, but afaik sold it on a while back. Apparently now he's on the lookout himself for another one, which he then plans on trading on.

No problem, I can lend it to you for a month or two if you like as well.
    I've plenty to be playing!

No problem, I can lend it to you for a month or two if you like as well.
    I've plenty to be playing!

Fair play to you thanks. I got sorted anyway, the impatient git in me went down to the local Gamestop and got one, happy days. Dinky little unit it is. Might actually try pick up a few cheap games for it other than the Monster Hunter ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Fair play to you thanks. I got sorted anyway, the impatient git in me went down to the local Gamestop and got one, happy days. Dinky little unit it is. Might actually try pick up a few cheap games for it other than the Monster Hunter ones.

Ahem. CFW. Ahem.

Ahem. CFW. Ahem.

:pac:

Ah I've no interest in that with the PSP. Just want to play a few games and that'll do me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ah I've no interest in that with the PSP. Just want to play a few games and that'll do me.

I will say this dude, the laser in the PSP is dreadful, & up there with the PS1/PS2. Installing cfw will allow you to dump your own games, & play them from the memory card. At least you'll prolong the life of the laser, & benefit from faster loading times too. It's extremely easy to do on the PSP too, just something to consider :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

As easy as dragging and dropping some files. Be rude not to.

Myrddin wrote: »
    I will say this dude, the laser in the PSP is dreadful, & up there with the PS1/PS2. Installing cfw will allow you to dump your own games, & play them from the memory card. At least you'll prolong the life of the laser, & benefit from faster loading times too. It's extremely easy to do on the PSP too, just something to consider :)

Yeah, and its not like I have every European and US release PSP game dumped on an external hard drive. Which if I did, would be handy for you as I only live around the corner.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks for the heads up folks.

A question about the memory card though, do you guys use a Memory Stick Pro Duo or a Micro SD with an adapter - would that work just as well? I found a Pro Duo in a drawer but it's only 64MB, no idea where it came from but it must be ancient. So looking to get something GB in size. :)

Ok thanks for the heads up folks.

A question about the memory card though, do you guys use a Memory Stick Pro Duo or a Micro SD with an adapter - would that work just as well? I found a Pro Duo in a drawer but it's only 64MB, no idea where it came from but it must be ancient. So looking to get something GB in size. :)

Yeah, micro sd and adapter works a treat either.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,544 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah, micro sd and adapter works a treat either.

Yeah pretty sure I've a micro SD and an adapter in mine.

For the amount I play the the thing.Still in its box so it is :D

Right lads and lasses, the Beers is this day week, hope to see you all here!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I need to ask a favour. I've a friend of mine that really wants to go to the Beers this weekend but he's out in Tallaght and doesn't have a lift. Can anyone do him a big favour and give him a lift? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I need to ask a favour. I've a friend of mine that really wants to go to the Beers this weekend but he's out in Tallaght and doesn't have a lift. Can anyone do him a big favour and give him a lift? Thanks!

I will probably be heading out for a few hours. I picked Mr Vestek and Dog the Bounty Hunter up from Northside Shopping Centre in Coolock before. It's on the 27 bus route, that comes across from Tallaght. If they can make it to the shopping centre I could pick them up from there if they needed a lift.

I will probably be heading out for a few hours. I picked Mr Vestek and Dog the Bounty Hunter up from Northside Shopping Centre in Coolock before. It's on the 27 bus route, that comes across from Tallaght. If they can make it to the shopping centre I could pick them up from there if they needed a lift.

Who the f is Dog the Bounty Hunter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

?

wpid-dogpublic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Who the f is Dog the Bounty Hunter?

Doge?

Advertisement