Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Okay normally what time does this start? And end?
    7/8 and ends I guess it was 2.30/3 the last time in Ciderman's was it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Won't be able to make this :( car is not running at the mo and I'm not finished work until 7 so if I were to get the *shudder* bus, by the time I'd get home and get there, I'd probably have to leave for the bus again!

Knew a free BMW would let you down!
    No one else coming over that way?
    I think there is someone coming from the South Side, maybe EnterNow could be persuaded, sure you southsiders all live next to each other!

It hasn't let me down! Just this once. And failed the nct 3 times. But other than that its perfectly fine!

Well if anyone is coming from the Dublin 14 area I'd be much obliged!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sera wrote: »
    7/8 and ends I guess it was 2.30/3 the last time in Ciderman's was it?

My last one ended around 5pm the following day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

DinoRex wrote: »
    But you can have a nice evening sitting on the sofa staring at the flowers:

Aw poor Dino, would you have to entertain yourself down here? Best stick to beer nights man :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,939 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How about an arcade and retro road trip and pay enternow a visit?

• Advertisement

My last one ended around 5pm the following day.
    how could I forget sure? I didn't get back to my own til after midnight, worth it though :P
    Game Grumps reminded me, we never had a Mario Party

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, I've got Mario Party on the GC and N64, so if we can avoid the digital tragedy that is Burn Cycle we could fire up Mario Party instead.
    I've also "got" that rhythm game on the Wii.
    Plus there's a bizarre Japanese copy of a Ape Escape party game on the PS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    How about an arcade and retro road trip and pay enternow a visit?

Make sure to bring decent games man & leave that cd-i in Dublin! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »
    Make sure to bring decent games man & leave that cd-i in Dublin! :D

You should probably also include Cho Aniki in that exclusion list, just so there's no confusion (or hopes dashed!). :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Have fun tomorrow night people! Really wish I was going.

I'll try to sort organizing one in the near future too. Moved around the sitting rooms so it's much more accommodating for a large group of folk. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I would also like to be going, but my usual weekend of working friday and saturday till 7 and 6 is the same.

I am going to Dublin next saturday though for a BJJ competition so I'll see if I can swing into town and have a browse around, wish I was able to know if theres anything in rage that I could get but the price fluctuation, I just cant take the risk with only a week to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I am going to Dublin next saturday though for a BJJ competition

:eek:

haha Should have seen that coming...

....that on too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would also like to be going, but my usual weekend of working friday and saturday till 7 and 6 is the same.

I am going to Dublin next saturday though for a BJJ competition so I'll see if I can swing into town and have a browse around, wish I was able to know if theres anything in rage that I could get but the price fluctuation, I just cant take the risk with only a week to go :D

Sure come on out anyway, get here for 8 and have a laugh, head off at 1am or so, perfeck!

Ah I'd really like to, but already have to attend something else this Saturday. Next time I'll try and make it. Had a great laugh at the last one, plus I got to hold a Wily Wars manual!

Ah I'd really like to, but already have to attend something else this Saturday. Next time I'll try and make it. Had a great laugh at the last one, plus I got to hold a Wily Wars manual!

:eek:

Was that my one? /runs off to check it's still there :p

I'd go to more of these myself but distance is a killer unfortunately.

Ah it was indeed.

Yeah the distance is a killer, I went from my house to swords a few weeks ago in about a hour and 3/4 so its not too bad with the new road

We'll have to plan the next one outside Dublin, not fair to be dragging you country lads into civilisation all the time ;)

Although, where I live almost doesn't count, being out in the sticks... but, as we say, at least it's not Balbriggan!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,939 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Next time I'll try and make it. Had a great laugh at the last one, plus I got to hold a Willy

:confused:

Defo not mine! :D

• Advertisement

Haha I knew that one was coming aswell!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Distance and lack of liftage have decreased my chances of attending too. I wish fun times for those who make the epic pilgrimage.

Pdbhp is driving over with a spare seat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Cidey please can i take a lift in your vehicle please :D

Maybe Retr0 can sort you out from Dino's gaff... give him a call.
    Otherwise I'll see what I can do.

Almost finished packing my bag, other than the GC controllers, anything else I should bring?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Birth control. Proximity to a Gamecube LAN may cause pregnancy.

Birth control. Proximity to a Gamecube LAN may cause pregnancy.
    can Retr0 be used as birth control? in his sailor fuku?nyoron_normal.jpg
    Is the Gamecube LAN on tier 15?
    Getting the 4ish bus, someone remind me again to bring GC controllers

Sera wrote: »
    can Retr0 be used as birth control?

Actually the CDi is a proven method of avoiding unwanted pregnancy, by virtue of the fact that people who openly own one seldom score.
    You're a very understanding woman Sera, you shoulder the burden so others don't have to!

• Advertisement

So, the morning before the Beers...
    Time to get the place ready...
    Nachos..
    Haribos...
    Pizzas..
    Sausage inna bun..
    Hoovering
    Polishing
    Hiding any sharp instruments..
    Hide the good booze..
    Get refuse container ready in case Retr0 brings his infernal CDi again!

Advertisement