Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sera wrote: »
    imagesqtbnANd9GcSAfhW389VmQ3xxYIugS.jpg

It's your fault for picking the stupid mystery ghost train level.

Oh and if you look at the latest photo from RAGE they have 3 copies of Mario Party 4 in stock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Are all 4 of them rare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Are all 4 of them rare?

If you mean R@RE!!!, then yes, yes they are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have all the VR Racing titles out there, a Pal one for my local consoles, an NTSC one for my Nomad (bitches be lovin' da Nomadz), the one for my 32X, one for the Saturn, the PS2 edition and... that's it!
    My favourite version is on the 32X although the PS2 edition is pretty good.
    The Saturn game just looks the part, and has lots of content, but at no point does it play like Virtua Racing.

I think the boxes are there for them all, barring the PAL copy on the MD, which is the original scruffy looking nerf herder I bought back in 94 or so.
    I just had a want for the boxed copy that appeared on my gamesroom floor before it was swiped up by Alphaeagle..... da Bum!

Only 1 of them is rare. The other 2 are Nintendo Select re-releases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    It's your fault for picking the stupid mystery ghost train level.
    but I had it, it had ghosts :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have all the VR Racing titles out there, a Pal one for my local consoles, an NTSC one for my Nomad (bitches be lovin' da Nomadz), the one for my 32X, one for the Saturn, the PS2 edition and... that's it!
    My favourite version is on the 32X although the PS2 edition is pretty good.
    The Saturn game just looks the part, and has lots of content, but at no point does it play like Virtua Racing.

I think the boxes are there for them all, barring the PAL copy on the MD, which is the original scruffy looking nerf herder I bought back in 94 or so.
    I just had a want for the boxed copy that appeared on my gamesroom floor before it was swiped up by Alphaeagle..... da Bum!

Pfft, you don't even have a PCB of the arcade game. How can you call that complete?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Pfft, you don't even have a PCB of the arcade game. How can you call that complete?

That is one arcade machine I'd kill for. The noise & presence of it blew me away as a kid seeing it

1121348193.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Actually, a couple of years ago a full pcb set for it came up on ebay.
    I ummed and ahhed and missed the end of the auction losing the chance to own that beauty.
    And so here I am, a mere shadow of what I could have been.
    Sniffle...

You never know, some day one like it might come up again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Sera wrote: »
    Kinda thinking about buying Monkey Ball though

I have a spare copy smb2 on the cube you can have if you want it. I had a bit of a SteveSi moment. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I have a spare copy smb2 on the cube you can have if you want it. I had a bit of a SteveSi moment. :o

Right, I'm off to Jamma+ for the evening. I cant be dealing with all this bullying, victimisation and abuse :D

Let me know if you're looking for something then we can have a swap :3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I hear you lose all your cat like reflexes when you hit 40, I'm dreading next year :pac:

I never had cat like reflexes to begin with, aside from the good sense to get out of the way of a flying bedside locker at work... handy that, on occasion.

Unfortunately the ownership of a PS3 has brought with it the desire to buy games that I want but am never likely to play, Heavy Rain today, GT5 at some point, ditto Ridge Racer 7.
    Sadly I also want a Move so I can play Time Crisis, House of the Dead Overkill and, ah I don't know, lets face it's barely going to get used!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Unfortunately the ownership of a PS3 has brought with it the desire to buy games that I want but am never likely to play, Heavy Rain today, GT5 at some point, ditto Ridge Racer 7.
    Sadly I also want a Move so I can play Time Crisis, House of the Dead Overkill and, ah I don't know, lets face it's barely going to get used!

Don't forget Tokyo Jungle! Can't remeber the last time I used mine actually....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Heavy Rain

I think calling it a game is overshooting it a bit. It's an ropeily-written, interactive thriller with an absolutely pointless nude scene, coupled with a sex scene that can only be gotten through with a double-facepalm in knotted fingers, which is no small feat, considering there's a controller in your hand too.

Despite all that, I found it interesting. Mind, there's a lot of things to be ironed out before this even gets close to the game-changer its marketing promised.

I'd like Tokyo Jungle, but I'd prefer a physical copy, so I'll have to import or steal it from Atavan!

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I think calling it a game is overshooting it a bit. It's an ropeily-written, interactive thriller with an absolutely pointless nude scene, coupled with a sex scene that can only be gotten through with a double-facepalm in knotted fingers, which is no small feat, considering there's a controller in your hand too.

Despite all that, I found it interesting. Mind, there's a lot of things to be ironed out before this even gets close to the game-changer its marketing promised.

I have to agree. It's interesting and enjoyable but when you think back on it it's probably one of the worst adventure games in a long time. Terrible story, ropey accents and pointless nudity with three or four decent scenes.

David Cage needs to realise he is a hack and hire a professional writer, if he did he could make something truly special. Instead we got something that would be a low point in a season of Criminal Minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

8 player Mario Kart can go take a jump! If I come to the next one, I'll bring my saturn, bomberman and multi-tap and if someone else has a multi-tap, we can try our hands at a 10 player bombastic bombing bonanza which should be a bona fide bleedin' blast!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I hear you lose all your cat like reflexes when you hit 40, I'm dreading next year :pac:

Hey man I still have my cat like relexes, and i'm over 40....ask cidey, LOL...:p
    I will have a go later on my gen 3 thanks enternow.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Unfortunately the ownership of a PS3 has brought with it the desire to buy games that I want but am never likely to play, Heavy Rain today, GT5 at some point, ditto Ridge Racer 7.!

Now I can help you there...I have a copy of Heavy Rain and I might have a copy of Ridge Racer 7........

Now I can help you there...I have a copy of Heavy Rain and I might have a copy of Ridge Racer 7........

Well, I have Heavy Rain, I converted the suck ass ps3 games you gave me, barring MotorStorm, into credit in HMV, all 9.98 of it. Fifa was worth a whopping 45c!

But RR7 would interest me greatly.
    I could get it cheap somewhere in the meantime though.

I want a Move set up though, not at all sure why though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I want a Move set up though, not at all sure why though.

House of the Dead 4 and Time Crisis? I mean, I'm going to.....eventually.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Time Crisis: Razing Storm actually is a pretty decent package by the looks of it. It includes Deadstorm Pirates, which is a solid, intense lightgun game improved immeasurably because it features pirates. At least it's fun in its (admittedly high-tech) cab form, but since you won't be affording one of them...

Okay... Halloween one... What dates suit?

I have set up a doodle:

http://doodle.com/q22gic439855vqmz

DinoRex wrote: »
    Okay... Halloween one... What dates suit?

I have set up a doodle:

http://doodle.com/q22gic439855vqmz
    The Lolitas are having a meet but afaik they only do Sundays, don't know much details

Pick a night, once it's not actually Halloween as we host a family kids party most years.

Is Deathsmiles a scary horror game?

Is Deathsmiles a scary horror game?
    if they were guro maybe

is it still going ahead? any updates?

• Advertisement

Still happy to host... I may have something on the Friday, so lets say Saturday the 27th so.

Spooky Halloween Retro Meet Meet Up
    AKA: Phantasmagoria 2! Let's finish This!

Advertisement