Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really like Halo Reach funnily enough. Awful story though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Atavan!
    Get your ass over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I have my suitcase packed!

W9knp.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm, looks like you packed it some time in the 1940's!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm near now. What's the house look like?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Atavan!
    Get your ass over here!

I was going but I'm attending dinner.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Enternows law is in full effect , the little fella has a chest infection , he's grand but leaving the wife with 2 unhappy kids for the night would be a BAD thing , so thats my non attendance explained
    ...hopefully you all have a great night

Tired but have clearing up to do!
    Great night, thanks to all for coming, especially the newer members and those who came along for the first time.

I tried to get some Mario Party 8 action going back at my place afterward but no one was interested...

Philistines!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So how many victims fell foul of the RoEN?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Great night, thanks again ciderman. 8 player mario kart was foiled again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Great night Cidona, no 8 player LAN MKDD though:(
    Was it just me or was monkey ball being unfair to me?

There was too much grub, I slightly overestimated the requirements while dazzled by the 21st century mystique of Iceland, apparently mums go there, and Kerry Katona no longer is allowed within 2 kilometres of the place so it was good enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Thanks again, 'twas a great night seeing all the different systems especially liked that Vectrex. Pac Man vs on the Cube in now on the want list. A big thanks also to pdbhp for the lift back from the sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Thanks again, 'twas a great night seeing all the different systems especially liked that Vectrex. Pac Man vs on the Cube in now on the want list. A big thanks also to pdbhp for the lift back from the sticks.

Yeah PAC Man vs was great and is now on my get list as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Still sick today and only after getting out of bed:mad:

Pissed off about not being able to make it

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Still sick today and only after getting out of bed:mad:

Pissed off about not being able to make it

I know, and sure we were playing Boulder Dash all night long!
    And you weren't there!
    But after much consideration it turns out Repton is better, and now it's official!
    If only you were there, maybe you could have swung the vote, sure we'll never know now!

They should make a Boulder Dash Versus game.

3 players get to be rocks.

What a game that would be... quick quick here he comes, get ready to fall on the fool! Try to look nonchalant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Only home a little while, just wanted to give big thanks to Ciderdude. Had a fantastic night and so much food <3
    Finally got my Mario party, it was ****e. Kinda thinking about buying Monkey Ball though, had a lovely chat about Project Zero too

Sera wrote: »
    Finally got my Mario party, it was ****e.

Pffft... Those are the words of someone who isn't 'The Party Star'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    Pffft... Those are the words of someone who isn't 'The Party Star'
    imagesqtbnANd9GcSAfhW389VmQ3xxYIugS.jpg

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed themselves and hope that we all do it again in mine in December for the Jebusday Beers, this time with EnterNow, O1s1n and Atavan in attendance!

Special mention must go to Retr0gamer and his mastery of Rocket Knight! Sparkster FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I wish to also throw in my thnaks to ciderman.....Turned up with a spare ps3 and left with his Samsung Nuon,,,,,,Thanks man I also wish to say thanks to Monkeykube for free copy of Sega VR racing on the megadrive (Sorry ciderman...Its mine ):p.........

Great night ( even thou I had to leave early )...I will see about making a crossover cable for the mario kart for next time.

TTFN

I wish to also throw in my thnaks to ciderman.....Turned up with a spare ps3 and left with his Samsung Nuon,,,,,,Thanks man I also wish to say thanks to Monkeykube for free copy of Sega VR racing on the megadrive (Sorry ciderman...Its mine ):p.........

Great night ( even thou I had to leave early )...I will see about making a crossover cable for the mario kart for next time.

TTFN

Thanks man
    And sorry for trying, badly, to thieve VR Racing... Can't help it, the franchise has a strange effect on me!

Thanks man
    And sorry for trying, badly, to thieve VR Racing... Can't help it, the franchise has a strange effect on me!

You already own the MD copy don't you?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Thanks man

You already own the MD copy don't you?

This one was boxed!

• Advertisement

This one was boxed!

Ah your not in the boxed owners club?? For shame man, for shame. You need to remedy that..without resorting to theft though :D

Advertisement