Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well, it looks like the planets are aligning and the omens are positive for a 50/50 chance I might possibly show up at this retro gaming gathering, depending on other factors.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Well, it looks like the planets are aligning and the omens are positive for a 50/50 chance I might possibly show up at this retro gaming gathering, depending on other factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Achilles wrote: »
    Anybody around willing to give me a lift? Cheers.

I will be driving that way...where in Dub are you ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I will be driving that way...where in Dub are you ?????

I'm usually around the Monkstown / Dun Laoghaire area but I'll be at a work thing until about 5pm in Damastown if you're around there?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Achilles wrote: »
    I'm usually around the Monkstown / Dun Laoghaire area but I'll be at a work thing until about 5pm in Damastown if you're around there?

Cheers.

Sorry No thats the other side of me.......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Won't be able to make this :( car is not running at the mo and I'm not finished work until 7 so if I were to get the *shudder* bus, by the time I'd get home and get there, I'd probably have to leave for the bus again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Won't be able to make this :( car is not running at the mo and I'm not finished work until 7 so if I were to get the *shudder* bus, by the time I'd get home and get there, I'd probably have to leave for the bus again!

Knew a free BMW would let you down!
    No one else coming over that way?
    I think there is someone coming from the South Side, maybe EnterNow could be persuaded, sure you southsiders all live next to each other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Knew a free BMW would let you down!
    No one else coming over that way?
    I think there is someone coming from the South Side, maybe EnterNow could be persuaded, sure you southsiders all live next to each other!

Sorry lads but I'm here for the next few days:

1.-treehouse-sign.jpg

9.-treehouse-deck-wiv-tub.jpg

4.-treehouse-bed.jpg

Utter bliss I tells ya

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,940 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't see any games consoles? How can you live there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yeah I don't think I can make it without a lift... that bus only seems to go to Narnia 4 times a day I'd never catch it and be able to get home as well...

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Sometimes its nice to just get away from all that, yes even consoles!

EnterNow wrote: »
    Sometimes its nice to just get away from all that, yes even consoles!

Where's that?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Where's that?

Skibereen in Cork. A 4 hour drive from the big shmoke but 'todally' worth it.

http://www.cottagesforcouples.ie/self-catering-cottages/the-treehouse-at-grove-house/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,940 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Madness :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »
    Skibereen in Cork. A 4 hour drive from the big shmoke but 'todally' worth it.

http://www.cottagesforcouples.ie/self-catering-cottages/the-treehouse-at-grove-house/

Very nice indeed!

I'm guessing joysticks and buttons of another kind will still be put to task there. :cool:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm guessing joysticks and buttons of another kind will still be put to task there. :cool:

:pac::pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »

What!
    Like using Seimitsu instead of Sanwa?

So should I bring the CDi or leave it at home?

So should I bring the CDi or leave it at home?

LEAVE THE DEVIL SPAWN AT HOME! ;)

Thought you might want to see us play Burn Cycle again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

he wants to play CDI Zelda

Sera wrote: »

I'll just bring Legend of Dragoon instead.

Hopefully I remember my Gamecube and Mario Kart this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

But you can have a nice evening sitting on the sofa staring at the flowers:

5.-treehouse-lounge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I'll just bring Legend of Dragoon instead.

Hopefully I remember my Gamecube and Mario Kart this time.

Yeah. I have 2 Cubes... 2 BB adapters and maybe 3 controllers.

Need 2 copies of DD and controllers, controllers, controllers... eh.. and two TVs.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Need 2 copies of DD and controllers, controllers, controllers... eh.. and two TVs.
    I've 2 controllers but that's it

Ok, I've a GC, a pal copy of DD, and two controllers. the GC is also PAL.

Let the madness commence!!!

There's three tvs as well, of course one of them is in 'tate mode....

I've a PAL copy of DD, I have 4 controllers but I can be sure I can find them all.

• Advertisement

Okay normally what time does this start? And end?

Advertisement