Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I won't be there so no need to hide the booze!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I won't be there so no need to hide the booze!
    we only hide it because we don't have one of these
    stock-photo-baby-beer-beer-bottle-with-teat-17296621.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just to say that there is ample couch space if a sleep over is required, I can ferry in the AM if peeps have trains or buses to catch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Do you have two controllers for the Neo Geo, I bought King of Fighters XIII but it didn't arrive and I'm in a mood to play some SNK fighters!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a standard Aes stick and a Neo Geo CD stick here. Also Shock Troopers for 2 player larfs!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ugh, Neo Geo CD stick. I'll bring my one then, dont want to be lumped with the dodgy stick :P

Any thing else that I should bring?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ugh, Neo Geo CD stick. I'll bring my one then, dont want to be lumped with the dodgy stick :P

Any thing else that I should bring?
    my copy of The Ring lol, will I bring my back up of Calling? it's worth too much to bring the real thing :P

No, fat ghosts scare me :(

Fat Ghosts?
    I don't think I've anything with those.
    There's some rotund zombies in House of the Dead, do they count??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Are they the ghosts of fat people who died or ghosts who ate too much after death?

• Advertisement

Hard to imagine fat being stored after death has occurred, must be the former....

I imagine Weightwatchers: Afterlife Club is under subscribed to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

You clearly know little of ectoplasm!

DinoRex wrote: »
    You clearly know little of ectoplasm!
    Ah yes, ectoplasm, the muffin tops of the ghost world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

What's the latest head count for tonight?

Depending on my car still running I'm going with 3 lucky passengers.

I'm not sure where we are, if no one turns up I'll be eating a lot of party food on my own!
    Hopefully there'll be 10 or so, the more the merrier!

I should be putting in an appearance once I don't fall victim to the rule of EnterNow.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm not sure where we are, if no one turns up I'll be eating a lot of party food on my own!
    Hopefully there'll be 10 or so, the more the merrier!

Hope you have some good sturdy joists in the attic floor.

Monkeykube wrote: »

Hope you have some good sturdy joists in the attic floor.

Sure we'll find out!
    This thing will be in full effect around half 7 to 8

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Im coming up. Ciderman, can you pm me your number in case I get lost? Or will you be keeping an eye on here?
    I've no games to bring, their all packed up, so do I need anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Im coming up. Ciderman, can you pm me your number in case I get lost? Or will you be keeping an eye on here?
    I've no games to bring, their all packed up, so do I need anything?

Right, have 4 GC controllers, a Gamecube with all the wires, Mario Kart DD, a memory card with all MK DD completed on it and a Neo Geo controller. Anything I'm forgetting?

Also found while I was up there my second PS3 controller and where my mam hid my sailor moon costume! Oh joy!

forgot Calling, no fat ghosts :-(

Bringing 1080 Avalanche as well since it's apparently LAN compatible. Only noticed it has no manual. Gamestop sticker on the front of it, ****ing typical.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Depending on my car still running I'm going with 3 lucky passengers.

Oi!

Why are they lucky, will they get a hand shandy in the back for a blowout sale price of a fiver?

I have a copy of 1080 here as well, should have a manual with it...

Oi!

Why are they lucky, will they get a hand shandy in the back for a blowout sale price of a fiver?

I'm equal opportunities when it comes to reach arounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Guys sorry but im out

After getting sick in college and im feeling really **** at the moment

Im sure Enternow will have a law that covers this

Thanks Retro for the offer of a lift but i dont think it would be a good idea to spread whatever the hell i have to all you guys

Play some Boulder Dash for me please :o

Halo: Reach (around)...

You know, topical game title jokes, they are popular and everyone knows them then, over a little time, everyone forgets about it as the next game comes along with a joke about it's title.

I mean, Retr0 may be doing Halo: Reach (around)s now, but give it a little while and it'll be Skyrimming to beat the band!

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Guys sorry but im out

After getting sick in college and im feeling really **** at the moment

Im sure Enternow will have a law that covers this

Thanks Retro for the offer of a lift but i dont think it would be a good idea to spread whatever the hell i have to all you guys

Play some Boulder Dash for me please :o

Bugger, sorry to hear it man.

Hopefully see you at the next one.

The rule of Enternow covers this alright.
    Never thought you'd be falling into that category!

Advertisement