Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Options

Comments

I will happily take time off to protest that jackass.

Protest against HIM? Usually protest against ideas, actions or policies. Not the very existence of people.

I don't like Merkels actions on the migrant crisis but I wouldn't protest against her right to visit this country

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Bootlegger wrote: »
    Why though? You won't achieve anything.

its probably paid leave allowable under some public service agreement -'protest leave ' agreed in 1968 or sometime.... and tongue in cheek though this is , its probably true as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

So, Ireland gets a visit from a man who shamelessly supports paedophiles, is a shameless sexual predator himself, refuses to apologise for a wider culture of sexual abuse, pushes insane religious nutjobbery, is a misogynist who wants to deny women the right to choose, and presides over massive financial corruption. His predecessor was hugely popular, visited the Phoenix Park and attracted massive crowds on his visit, but that feels a long, long time ago now.

In separate news, the Pope also visited Ireland last week.

Akrasia wrote: »
    I feel America are probably our most important friend/ally/partner diplomatically, economically and militarily.

I think we should always extend a warm welcome for foreign heads of state but even more so for the US president. In the event of e.g. a Russian invasion of Ireland the first place we would look to for support would be the Brits and the Yanks. Indeed the main reason the idea of Russian aggression is so implausible is precisely because they know the Americans would help us out.

I feel we need to be mindful of that every now and again before lecturing them on their affairs from the comfort of our little island on the periphery of Europe.

Why the fu.ck would Russia invade Ireland.

Crazy hypothetical example. The point is we are economically, culturally and diplomatically tied to the US and we are in no position to be lecturing them and lording it over them in some moral high ground. I also don't know what policies Trump has initiated that have got people into such a tizzy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

You are missing the point. It was hypothetical. But to answer hypothetically let's say they wanted a port in the Atlantic.

They would have the entirety of Europe between their port in the Atlantic and their homeland. Cut off. It would be the worst place to have a base

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

I feel America are probably our most important friend/ally/partner diplomatically, economically and militarily.

I think we should always extend a warm welcome for foreign heads of state but even more so for the US president. In the event of e.g. a Russian invasion of Ireland the first place we would look to for support would be the Brits and the Yanks. Indeed the main reason the idea of Russian aggression is so implausible is precisely because they know the Americans would help us out.

I feel we need to be mindful of that every now and again before lecturing them on their affairs from the comfort of our little island on the periphery of Europe.

Can you give me the number of your drug dealer

Whiplash85 wrote: »

Can you give me the number of your drug dealer

Yeah it is 1800-TRUMP-RULES

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭dasdog

The passionate people demonstrating, the spastics wearing MAGA hats or the government ministers fawning. Not sure who is going to be the most comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Annd9

batgoat wrote: »
    You'd have to be a special kind of dense to be still praising Trump at this stage... He's moving beyond Nixon territory in terms of corruption at the moment. He's literally getting in twitter arguments with Bernstein of Woodward and Bernstein... He's made "fake news" into a "deflect attention from negative stories about me".

Agree with all of that , however , galvanising the masses for protests while our own country suffers with massive issues leaves a pretty bitter taste is my mouth Tbh .

News today of our hospitals at breaking point during the quitest part of the year is overshadowed by a buffoon.
    If you are more offended by trumps carry on then the fact you can't afford rent in your own city or if you are sick you're destined for a trolley in a corridor , a reality check is needed .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,340 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Marian F on RTÉ is not a happy camper about this visit at All

• Advertisement

Marian F on RTÉ is not a happy camper about this visit at All

I bet the Donald is shaking in his boots at that. Would love her to interview him

dasdog wrote: »
    The passionate people demonstrating, the spastics wearing MAGA hats or the government ministers fawning. Not sure who is going to be the most comical.

Indeed. I think we should extend the same warm welcome we did for US presidents in the past. No need to go too over the top but also no need for protests and lecturing. He is no worse than most other heads of state around the world. Would people be so active if the Saudi royals visited or the Chinese heads of the party?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Indeed. I think we should extend the same warm welcome we did for US presidents in the past. No need to go too over the top but also no need for protests and lecturing. He is no worse than most other heads of state around the world. Would people be so active if the Saudi royals visited or the Chinese heads of the party?

history will truly tell us this, but currently, he has a lot of catching up to do

• Registered Users Posts: 15,340 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I bet the Donald is shaking in his boots at that. Would love her to interview him

Can you imagine. He’d brand her fake news finucane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Oops69 wrote:
    its probably paid leave allowable under some public service agreement -'protest leave ' agreed in 1968 or sometime.... and tongue in cheek though this is , its probably true as well.

I am self employed. It will cost me money, but I believe it is a thing worth doing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

I am self employed. It will cost me money, but I believe it is a thing worth doing.

Why don't you take a day off and protest your own inadequate government

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Daddy’s coming to visit <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Autochange wrote:
    Why don't you take a day off and protest your own inadequate government

I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Can you imagine. He’d brand her fake news finucane

It would be apt in this case ............... especially after her "interview" (fawning) of the scammer Margaret Cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I think I'll book a day off from work to go see this legend of a man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

nthclare wrote: »
    cucks snowflakes and feminists
    The snowflakes are ramping up the cuck and feminism approach.

cucks or feminists
    cucks and feminists
    pussies and feminism
    Try telling that to the lefties though.

The cucks, and femminazis

Mod: Something tells me you've no intention in having anything resembling a civil discussion.

Don't post in this thread again

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Kivaro wrote: »
    It would be apt in this case ............... especially after her "interview" (fawning) of the scammer Margaret Cash.

Or Pat Hickey's family solicitor's interview a few years ago, there's been plenty of examples of T. Prone's stooges getting free rides on RTE.

As for Trump coming to Ireland? I'd consider the Irish waving US flags and wearing MAGA hats as backward idiots that don't realise he's doing more harm than good to right wing ideals- all the while Trump is p1ssing into their wellies and laughing in their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Ah now, if you know your Irish history, you'll know a few turned out to protest Reagan.

Can we beat those numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think I'll book a day off from work to go see this legend of a man.

I'm sure there will be plenty more visits in the next 7 years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

What's the chances the ira will try a populist assassination attempt?
    Would raise support for the shinners methinks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

You seem a little obsessed with those terms. I'm curious as to what happened to you to make you this way? Are you waiting at the keyboard, tissues ready, for a reaction?

I'm curious as to why you're curious about my opinion.
    I think the tissue s belong to you...
    Those terms are what goes against the cohesion of society.

Are you a cuck or femminist ?

I'm intrigued by their obsession with the alpha male and their warped version of perception....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I am delighted that President Trump is visiting Ireland.
    It is worth it alone just to see the liberal/Mary Lou/feminist heads exploding with rage at his arrival.

Comedic Gold it will be.

triggered-feminist.jpg

Mod: Something tells me you've no intention in having anything resembling a civil discussion.

Don't post in this thread again

Another vegan/femminazi....

I've just posted in this thread....
    Send me a pm maybe a bit of decorum will be more acceptable....

Have I offended a few snow flakes ???

Mod: Banned

Kivaro wrote: »
    I am delighted that President Trump is visiting Ireland.
    It is worth it alone just to see the liberal/Mary Lou/feminist heads exploding with rage at his arrival.

Comedic Gold it will be.

triggered-feminist.jpg

I think I know the type lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'd imagine the turnout for trump will make the pope's visit look better.

It will be interesting to see who gets the most protesters, Trumpet or El Papa

Advertisement