Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The try harder if ye want to keep a second joke thread thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭FraserburghFreddie

The wife suggested we spice things up a bit and play doctors and nurses.

So I put her on a trolley in the hall and ignored her for 48 hours..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I went to the doctor this morning and told him that every time I cough, I hear words like knight, bishop, pawn and queen.

He said I had a chess infection.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Why are the Pyramids in Egypt?

Because they're too heavy to carry to a British museum.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Doctor, doctor. I keep thinking I'm a supermarket.

Doctor: How long have you felt like this?

Me: Since I was Lidl.

Post edited by Capt'n Midnight on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

In a twist on the traditional Thanksgiving practice, a turkey pardoned Joe Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,078 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Our local dentist is doing half price teeth cleaning today…

It’s Plaque Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

Looking around the restaurant a diner noticed all the waiters had a spoon in their chest pocket. Curious he asked his waiter why they carried one. "Simple, management noticed that spoons are the most commonest dropped items of cutlery, so we carry a spare to save time going to the cutlery drawer to fetch one" Later on as the waiter served the next course, the diner noticed a bit of string coming out from his fly. Again the diner was even more curious. Waiter explained it was a time saving exercise that when going to the toilet he pulled the string and his flute popped out and he could relieve himself and save time having to wash his hands. "So tell us how do you pop it back? enquired the diner. "Oh we use a spoon" replied the waiter

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Why can't passwords be detectives?

They are case sensitive.

"I'm going out to scrape the car,"the Mrs said to me this morning.

"Against what?"I asked..

I accidently splashed pickle juice onto my face.

Now I'm brined in one eye.

• Advertisement

I'm single by choice.

Not mine, but still

We were so poor when we were young,our Dad used to close the bedroom door so we would have something to open on Christmas morning.

Just been to see Vin Diesel's new Fast and Furious Christmas musical....

Jesus Christ Supercar.

I got a Womble pepper grinder for Christmas.

It's rubbish.

Everything is either underground or overground.

My girlfriend said she would only marry me if I overcame my ambulance obsession.

I can't wait to get down on one knee nor knee nor knee nor...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

So about this 2023, I just cannot trust any year that starts with 202. I would like to review the fine print before I enter into any agreements.

I was charged and convicted of being narcissistic.

Im appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

My wife told me to embrace my feminine so I went out, crashed the car and didnt speak to her for the rest of the day for no reason

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

A dodgy looking character was invading my personal space on the train. I said don't stand so close to me and called the police.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

David Beckham's 2nd son arrived at his soccer ground for training. He asked the coach which number shirt he was to wear.

The coach answered , "Wear four out there, Romeo."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭blade1

And have the wedding in Hospital Co. Limerick.

In Waterstones today and asked if the Prince Harry book was available to download. Do you want the PDF file I was asked. No, I said, that's his uncle.

An interesting historical story; During Colonial times, William Penn, the founder of modern-day Pennsylvania, was one of Philadelphia's most prominent citizens. He had two maiden aunts who ran a bakery together, renowned for its fruit pies, the best in that part of the USA. After many happy years in their bakery, the two had a bitter falling-out, and one ended up opening a new bakery across the street from the other. It wasn't long before a nasty price war ensued, every day it seemed one aunt would lower their prices to undercut the other. Eventually, the matter got so ridiculous that both bakeries were selling their pies below cost, though the aunts still bitterly contested each other. By this time, the only topic of conversation along the Eastern Seaboard was the pie rates of Penn's aunts. In short, they made a complete song and dance about it

A spokesperson for Pink Floyd has stated that, despite the rumours, the band will not be changing their pronouns to Us and Them.

So 2023 is set to be the coldest winter on record. Not because of the weather, but because we can't afford to put the heating on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Father: "Look, I'm sorry I couldn't afford anywhere in London to live. Sure the home counties are only a stone's throw"

Son: "Surrey's not good enough!"

Managed to book a table for two on Valentine's Day. I hope she likes snooker.

Shakespeare did most of his daily writing before he'd even put on his stockings.

Prose before hose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭trashcan

I hired a landscape gardener, but he said he couldn’t help as my garden is portrait.

Advertisement