Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VI - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Ciara Kelly is a voice of reason.

NPHET not concerned with public health
    What are they concerned with did she say?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

What's with the grave visit loophole?

Can't you just say you're visiting Micheal Collins grave or Bob's grave if stopped while outside the 5km radius?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

She is still more of a doctor than Nox which was my point. I don’t know what point you’re trying to make.
    She is a GP.... she isn't particularly qualified to give definitive opinions on a pandemic, she is a populist, gormless, clueless twit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,842 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

it makes sense why there are no income tax related hikes or PS pay cuts etc, imagine the backlash if they did, they need as much public buy in as possible! These same fools if you touched their income now, would have a fit! YET, YET the endless billons being squandered, is actually coming out of their pockets, in terms of future higher taxation... or no income tax cuts etc, where there would have been. Room for no or less pay increases...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

RugbyLad11 wrote: »

Can't you just say you're visiting Micheal Collins grave or Bob's grave if stopped while outside the 5km radius?

I like your thinking. But its a good point. With the exemptions in place it really wont be that hard for people to circumvent the 5k rule if they wish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,838 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Covid has not killed 1.12m. 1.12 m (vast majority of whom were over the age of 80) have died while (or after) testing positive for PCR test.

Turn off RTE. Really.

Tv is well and truly off my friend. WHO have verified the numbers. I couldn’t give a rats what age they were. Everybody including both my parents, now in their 80’s are lives, people alive.

They are not publishing for the craic.

The underlying conditions mob need to see a psychologist. A nice big collective get together. Next time somebody dies of cancer... “ ahhhh yeah, but they had an underlying condition, they only died WITH cancer “. Right :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

TheCitizen wrote: »
    What are they concerned with did she say?

Only Covid no other health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    They did in 2010 fairly pronto. Really does not take much for them to be spooked - we got about 18 months then before we entered an IMF programme

Yeah but head of IMF has said they're done with austerity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

gmisk wrote: »
    She is a GP.... she isn't particularly qualified to give definitive opinions on a pandemic, she is a populist, gormless, clueless twit.

She is eminently more qualified than you are, of that much I am certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Yeah but head of IMF has said they're done with austerity.

Yea, and if you believe that you'll believe anything- countries aren't going to given Carte Blanche to spend whatever they please. Despite what the lockdown lovers will tell the gullible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

When PressUp gets their day in court, I'd nearly guarantee that the weasel govt will come out with the "guidelines and not rules" spiel that they used for the Ryanair/Aer Lingus court case. I've emailed Revenue multiple times asking what the laws (not guidelines) were regarding closing "my" pub under the "Living with Covid" levels, such as was I liable to any fines if I opened, could I lose my license, what powers the Gardai had to close me down and were these restrictions covered in law, or just guidelines.

They have so far refused to reply.

What the hell has revenue got to do with health or justice laws/guidelines. Maybe ask the correct department

Tubridy reckons if we behave people can come from the US for Christmas.

Utter diarrhoea from the talentless cretin

Hate the fool but if maybe followed the simple rules we would not be in this mess

Guest “Have a bath, take a deep breath”

Ryan “ yeah just get the bubbles going, have a glass of wine, I feel better already”

Please cut my ears off and pour hot engine oil into the crevice

And this is the reason he has the high numbers people listening and then go complaint just to feel better. Maybe if you turn of the news, boards, facebook, twitter and chat shows for a bit and did other stuff you may feel better

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Strumms wrote: »
    The underlying conditions mob need to see a psychologist. A nice big collective get together. Next time somebody dies of cancer... “ ahhhh yeah, but they had an underlying condition, they only died WITH cancer “. Right :eek:

You are comparing a deadly disease, a mutation that is the second-leading cause of death in the world, with a virus that is not fatal unless you have underlying conditions. And even if you do have any, you are likely to be cured and survive.

Not sure who needs a psychologist

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What the hell has revenue got to do with health or justice laws/guidelines. Maybe ask the correct department

Legislation was searched and provided with a 2 minute search. A simple google of ‘Garda powers licences premised Ireland legislation gave a number 1 hit. Most newspapers reported it and editorial was in print and online.

Citizens information office had online and easy to find. A call to them would have had it within seconds.

The VFI and LVA had it front and centre. Law society gazette had it.

The police would assist if contacted, your solicitor (never heard of a pub without one) would provide it free of charge.

Your accountant would requested legal updates from their accredited body.

Local TD..1 minute.
    In fact finding a revenue contact who would deal in criminal law and had a direct email would be the slowest and most bizarre way of going about it. If you were closed down for example having an unsafe work environment or for permitting criminal acts to be undertaken, would you send an email to revenue without do anything else?

Nox, Ciara Kelly is an ACTUAL Doctor, not a Fisher Price one like yourself.

Ciara Kelly hasn't been an actual doctor is years. As soon as she realised she could leverage her own show and agenda she gave it all up. Has she not stop paying her fees to stay on the register

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

SAMTALK wrote: »
    All the people shouting for schools to close down and yet as you say schools should be riddled by now

I think it was actually one of the better decisions the government made, keeping the schools open. The kids need this stability now and to be honest the teachers whinging is getting a little wearing .

when do they ever not whinge to be fair this is like christmas for them

And this is the reason he has the high numbers people listening and then go complaint just to feel better. Maybe if you turn of the news, boards, facebook, twitter and chat shows for a bit and did other stuff you may feel better

Thanks for the advice.

Might run a hot bath with bubbles as well

Covid has not killed 1.12m. 1.12 m (vast majority of whom were over the age of 80) have died while (or after) testing positive for PCR test.

Turn off RTE. Really.

So what if they were over 80 they died. Who knows how long more they could have lived. Have some respect

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Great, they can come home and bring covid with them, party at loads of different houses at christmas, then fcuk off back to american in january leaving us to deal with the fallout.

• Advertisement

RugbyLad11 wrote: »

No it is for people who want to visit graves of a deceased as they could not get to the funeral or anniversaries not for you to chuckle look I fooled them

• Registered Users Posts: 24,838 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

darconio wrote: »
    You are comparing a deadly disease, a mutation that is the second-leading cause of death in the world, with a virus that is not fatal unless you have underlying conditions. And even if you do have any, you are likely to be cured and survive.

Not sure who needs a psychologist

I’m sure who needs one ;)

COVID 1,117,577 deaths

Only Covid no other health issues.

It is like that it is why they were formed with a narrow remit!!!!!!

It is like that it is why they were formed with a narrow remit!!!!!!

Correct Martin.

It is however misleading to refer to them as concerned with public health.

They are only concerned with the health effects of Covid, not cancer or mental health, or any of the other issues that fall under the public health umbrella

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Strumms wrote: »
    In WW2 in London, there were restrictions, about when people could be out and about, their behaviors, things like blackout curtains, curfews, rations etc".

This is a health war, people are dying.

Like in any war, or time of unprecedented difficulty, people are as individuals and as a collective, being expected to do the right thing. People have as a result of the situation we find ourselves in been delegated responsibilities and had to endure restrictions. They need to suck it up, quit their needy, greedy, fûcking asswipe ‘all about me’ whining and behave. DO their part. Not too much for six weeks, in the middle of a deadly pandemic to ask and expect behavior suitable to the situation we find ourselves .

Thankfully i’m lucky enough that the “ lockdown” won’t really affect me at all. Due to my work i can travel 1k a week, 5km doesn’t apply to me. I can have the household social bubble with my partner. At night I can still have my glass of vino while watching the tv, the moggy beside me.

The main thing i miss is travelling to family in the USA. Hopefully upcoming vaccines just might change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

pgj2015 wrote: »

Great, they can come home and bring covid with them, party at loads of different houses at christmas, then fcuk off back to american in january leaving us to deal with the fallout.

This is the kinda attitude that puts me off flying home for Christmas from the UK. Everyone was quick to blame anyone who flew into the country back in March and you had dickheads like Gemma O'Doherty confronting people who dared to fly home and it'll be the same come January.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Legislation was searched and provided with a 2 minute search. A simple google of ‘Garda powers licences premised Ireland legislation gave a number 1 hit. Most newspapers reported it and editorial was in print and online.

Citizens information office had online and easy to find. A call to them would have had it within seconds.

The VFI and LVA had it front and centre. Law society gazette had it.

The police would assist if contacted, your solicitor (never heard of a pub without one) would provide it free of charge.

Your accountant would requested legal updates from their accredited body.

Local TD..1 minute.
    In fact finding a revenue contact who would deal in criminal law and had a direct email would be the slowest and most bizarre way of going about it. If you were closed down for example having an unsafe work environment or for permitting criminal acts to be undertaken, would you send an email to revenue without do anything else?

Oh I agree. If he really did not know the legislation he could find it in 2 seconds. I be wondering did he really mail Revenue. Though I do work in Revenue and deal with post and some of the crap send to them I would not be surprised if they did

Thanks for the advice.

Might run a hot bath with bubbles as well

Enjoy:D

Correct Martin.

It is however misleading to refer to them as concerned with public health.

They are only concerned with the health effects of Covid, not cancer or mental health, or any of the other issues that fall under the public health umbrella

Yes that is why we have a government to make the ultimate decision. You know the 1 people were celebrating 2 weeks ago for showing them who rules. I suppose they need a big bad to help them through this which is fair enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's all a big laugh

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1020/1172624-covid-lee-analysis/

Hmm, it's almost like lockdown's don't make a difference and you as a society have to learn to live with the disease...

You quote where lockdown does make a difference and then draw the conclusion that they don't...?! There's no doubting that they make a difference...when it's in place. The issue is that once you come out of it, numbers rise. It's a balancing act.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement