Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky fantasy football 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Trossard has hit the post 3 times this season already! He'll be staying in my team after the overhaul.

Do shots against post/bar not count as shots on target? I see he's on 1 point :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Do shots against post/bar not count as shots on target? I see he's on 1 point :(

Not in real stats anyway so I assume sky follow that

Not in real stats anyway so I assume sky follow that

Yeah that's what I was afraid of!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

3 players today, all in the match at the moment. Captain Werner, Havertz and Robinson. Delighted Robinson has scored but patience wearing thin with the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

One of my teams are up to 2k in the world, with just one transfer made, gotta be happy with that :) Tempted to move out Werner now for Jimi, Son or Sterling but can't decide

Edit: Done Sterling in

• Advertisement

Up to 3.1k with the 1st team. Decided to use one more transfer to put in Sterling for Werner and leave Egan there. That is 4 used and me done till the overhaul. Couldn't see a defender I could afford that I was happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,684 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yeah same here, couldn't see anyone worth replacing Egan with either. Will only field 10 but would rather hold the transfer.

I did Egan to Saiss. Thought it would be worth the transfer with 2 potentially good games for Wolves. Also did Werner to Sterling, his ownership is fairly low so a haul could be a nice differential.

Just transferred Hernandez to Foden

Haha we're all on the Werner to Sterling train :)

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Haha we're all on the Werner to Sterling train :)

Why did we bother!!

Why did we bother!!
    Yep!

In seriousness I saw Fulham v City next week and that did it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Had a crazy amount of bad luck with injuries between my 2 teams. Made the genius move of getting in Podence today for Justin (thinking Leicester would get thrashed). Overhaul can't come soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yep!

In seriousness I saw Fulham v City next week and that did it for me

City are playing Leeds next not Fulham. It's still a good fixture though.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    City are playing Leeds next not Fulham. It's still a good fixture though.

Sorry yeah. Haha knew it was a good fixture anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

0 goals, 0 assists, 1 clean sheet, 2 captain fails. Have Salah & Robertson left.
    Down from 149th to 807th, in the circumstances I’ll take that and run for the hills!

Had Vardy in my second team, the only thing that went right today!

68 points in my second team

Mount/Kane/Vardy/Digne

Mane/Pepe/Willian/Robertson/Leno left!

1st team got jack sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Really struggling with the difference in format between this and FPL. I know the rules are there to be read, but I can't get used to it at all.

Pieters needs to go, but I'd prefer Lamprey as a replacement. But then if I brought in Konsa for example, I'd get an extra game out of him today right? Head melted.

Really struggling with the difference in format between this and FPL. I know the rules are there to be read, but I can't get used to it at all.

Pieters needs to go, but I'd prefer Lamprey as a replacement. But then if I brought in Konsa for example, I'd get an extra game out of him today right? Head melted.

You do yes. think of every match day as a new gameweek kinda. I'm a first season too but enjoying it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Question please, can I transfer Saint-Maxim out now for someone playing tonight, or is it just a waste of a transfer?

patmac wrote: »
    Question please, can I transfer Saint-Maxim out now for someone playing tonight, or is it just a waste of a transfer?

Depends on how many transfers you have used and more importantly how many points you expect the new player to get before the overhaul. I am trying to limit myself to 4 transfers for the 1st section of the season before the overhaul.

1st team 3.4k and second team up to 22.2k. Only a slight drop in the 1st team and a rise in the other mainly due to West Ham beating Wolves and Darlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Normal fpl team going terrible (about 5 mil rank) but sky going reasonably ok so far.

What would the equivalent of a top 10k finish in FPL be in sky? Top 1k maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

You do yes. think of every match day as a new gameweek kinda. I'm a first season too but enjoying it so far.

Cheers. I've only used 1 transfer and 2 on my other team. So maybe I'll go ahead with it as Pieters doesn't look like playing even with their injuries.

Also, on this overhaul it says October. I'm presuming from Thursday we can use it like a wildcard and get unlimited transfers? I'm finding the rules a bit vague when I read them. Does it have to be used once and once you confirm it can't be edited? Sorry for the questions, I'll have another read of the rules.

Edit: found the additional info:
    "The first Overhaul period will begin following the completion of game week 4. It will then run throughout game week 5 and up until the first kick off of game week 6.
    The dates of the second Overhaul will be published here once they are confirmed.
    You will be able to make unlimited transfers during those periods until the first game day deadline."

thunderdog wrote: »
    Normal fpl team going terrible (about 5 mil rank) but sky going reasonably ok so far.

What would the equivalent of a top 10k finish in FPL be in sky? Top 1k maybe?

Definitely higher than that. Think it is a lot harder to finish 10k in FPL now. You need a lot more things going your way in FPL. Look at how this season has started for example. If you are disciplined in the Sky game you can do very well in it.

Cheers. I've only used 1 transfer and 2 on my other team. So maybe I'll go ahead with it as Pieters doesn't look like playing even with their injuries.

Also, on this overhaul it says October. I'm presuming from Thursday we can use it like a wildcard and get unlimited transfers? I'm finding the rules a bit vague when I read them. Does it have to be used once and once you confirm it can't be edited? Sorry for the questions, I'll have another read of the rules.

It is a wildcard. When the overhaul starts you can make as many transfers as you like until the deadline is over. You don't need to confirm anything, you just make transfers!

I'm interested to see how the overhaul pans out having not used it before. It seems very powerful in that you can just load your players full of players for each match day?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,434 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I'm interested to see how the overhaul pans out having not used it before. It seems very powerful in that you can just load your players full of players for each match day?

There are no match days though, overhaul takes place while players are away on international duties.

Best to wait near the end of the week to overhaul your team as some will inevitably get injured during these games.

• Advertisement

There are no match days though, overhaul takes place while players are away on international duties.

Best to wait near the end of the week to overhaul your team as some will inevitably get injured during these games.

Ah sorry I see you're right no matches in match week 5 :D

Advertisement