Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

I would take 2 with sat tuner

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

If a group buys then it is definitely better than buying yourself

Product Total
    WETEK OPENELEC BOX WITH DVB-S2 TUNER × 1 € 73.76
    Subtotal € 73.76
    Discount (10%): -€ 7.38
    Subtotal with discount € 66.38
    TAX (22.00%) € 14.60
    Shipping Free Shipping
    Total € 80.99

Add me to the list with DVB-S2 if there is one being put together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

When does this deal have to be done. Gonna mail them and ask if there are any extensions.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

padair wrote: »
    When does this deal have to be done. Gonna mail them and ask if there are any extensions.

Officially, yesterday but the code is still been accepted, it may well just be for the remainder of cyber Monday but no one knows for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It might be midnight. Whoever is doing it, might want to get it before then..

• Advertisement

Are we 100% certain that these will qualify for the €4.50 option with parcel motel, their criteria for that is 8cm x 38cm x 64cm but I've no idea what size these are.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Officially, yesterday but the code is still been accepted, it may well just be for the remainder of cyber Monday but no one knows for sure.

Sent them a mail see if there is an extension for buying 12 of these badboys

Are we 100% certain that these will qualify for the €4.50 option with parcel motel, their criteria for that is 8cm x 38cm x 64cm but I've no idea what size these are.

Yeah, as long as they're not separated I think. I sent two wrapped up with PM before, and I've received much bigger than that.

The largest Parcel Motel locker size is 41 × 38 × 64 cm. The maximum weight is 10 kgs.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/prices/#prices-send
    Small 8 × 38 × 64 cm
    Medium 19 × 38 × 64 cm
    Large 41 × 38 × 64 cm
    GY A1 wrote: »
    have a wetek box packaging
    and the package size is 210mmx160mm x 90mm deep

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

I'd take a punt, with satellite tuner. Email me the details for group buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Width & length are no problem. Looking at the height though, its a lot of packaging - looks more than 8cms, so could be a €5.50 medium locker required. You'll know soon enough.

370283.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

dodzy wrote: »
    Width & length are no problem. Looking at the height though, its a lot of packaging - looks more than 8cms, so could be a €5.50 medium locker required. You'll know soon enough.

I just measured the retail box ,its over 9cm high .

Zardoz wrote: »
    I just measured the retail box ,its over 9cm high .
    It'll be the 5.50 medium lockers so. Or reg post.

dodzy wrote: »
    It'll be the 5.50 medium lockers so. Or reg post.

I can't imagine they'll measure. I'd say for 1cm you could risk the small.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

I be interested in 1 with sat tuner if the deal is stil going

meolwan wrote: »
    I be interested in 1 with sat tuner if the deal is stil going

The offer is still available, but don't know if anyone is doing it. There's easily 12 at this stage.

Parcel motel is definitely the cheapest around anyway, for those that have PM that will be the way to go, otherwise it will have to be registered post.

Allyall wrote: »
    I can't imagine they'll measure. I'd say for 1cm you could risk the small.
    It's just a case of it fitting. For sure they won't give a toss; if it fits, then aquos76 is sorted.

DISCOUNT ON BATCH BUYS NO LONGER VALID.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 snoop09

Hi All,

I only have 3mb broadband at home in the house, would the Kodi box work or how fast does your broadband need to be?

Snoop

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

snoop09 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I only have 3mb broadband at home in the house, would the Kodi box work or how fast does your broadband need to be?

Snoop

think you will have problems with those speeds but id recommend loading kodi onto whatever device(s) you currently have to see how it goes before buying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Anyone know if the Wetek box can handle HEVC/x265?

For those who ordered a box with me, they have landed in TNT Milan hub this morning at 6.00am. I'll keep you guys updated. As soon as they land at my door, they'll be sent out via reg'd post as previously stated.

Hi Folks,

WeTec got back to me and the the blackfriday discount has indeed been finished. That did say that if we were buying 12 of these they would sell them for €60 a pop which is more than 50% discount. This is €6 more than the blackfriday deal.

€60 - box - Going to just take 60 per box to start.

If interested pm me the following

Each pm should contain:

Your name & address
    paypay name.
    Qty ordered
    Tuner type

When we get 12 I will send out a message to each to collect money and to order. Once I have the number I will message back WeTec to create the invoice so I can pay.

I think the prefared payment option would be paypal.

Peter.

Message from wetec

padair wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

WeTec got back to me and the the blackfriday discount has indeed been finished. That did say that if we were buying 12 of these they would sell them for €60 a pop which is more than 50% discount. This is €6 more than the blackfriday deal.

€60 - box - Going to just take 60 per box to start.

If interested pm me the following

Each pm should contain:

Your name & address
    Qty ordered
    Tuner type

When we get 12 I will send out a message to each to collect money and to order. Once I have the number I will message back WeTec to create the invoice so I can pay.

I think the prefared payment option would be paypal.

Peter.
    Nice one Padair, that's good to hear the door is still open. Just as a tip, might I suggest that along with the details you requested, get people to also include the paypal name in the PM as I had to go cross checking once the payments start coming in with them being different from Boards usernames.

I've been in contact with PM this morning, I have managed to get them to give me a special one off rate for each delivery, we are still sorting the logistics of it of it at the minute, it's looking like €3.95 delivered to a Parcel Motel locker of your choice. They have also informed me that we all don't need to be registered with PM to avail of this service either. We just need to supply them with a name, email address, phone number and a location of the chosen locker you want to avail of for each packages. It's my understanding also, that those who have ordered 2 will be considered as 1 delivery too. The person who ordered 3, I'll have to wait to see will all three fit into the sealed bags they supply to me to see if yours will be one or two deliveries.

Regarding packaging, they are sending me down 20 bags tonight to my locker and when the weteks come to me, I'll bag them all, label them up and PM will come and collect them from me. Obviously if people are PM customers already, they'll just need to supply me with their full names and their PM number..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Parcel motel really are top notch. It's service like that that'll keep me using them, that and no one has anything like their locker system in place. I've used DPD parcel wizard and delivery is grand but it just doesn't suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

I've been in contact with PM this morning, I have managed to get them to give me a special one off rate for each delivery, we are still sorting the logistics of it of it at the minute, it's looking like €3.95 delivered to a Parcel Motel locker of your choice. They have also informed me that we all don't need to be registered with PM to avail of this service either. We just need to supply them with a name, email address, phone number and a location of the chosen locker you want to avail of for each packages. It's my understanding also, that those who have ordered 2 will be considered as 1 delivery too. The person who ordered 3, I'll have to wait to see will all three fit into the sealed bags they supply to me to see if yours will be one or two deliveries.

Regarding packaging, they are sending me down 20 bags tonight to my locker and when the weteks come to me, I'll bag them all, label them up and PM will come and collect them from me. Obviously if people are PM customers already, they'll just need to supply me with their full names and their PM number..

Fair play Aquos! Going above and beyond the call!

If you are messaging me can you include your paypal name also.
    So far there are 3 out of the 12 slots taken.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

I've PM'd Padair.
    Is it Aquos76 or Padair that is ordering them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement