Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

For me this is important I backup all my KODI settings will it be easy to transfer them to this box. The settings are backed up to my NAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

As far as I'm aware it's possible to install the Android image to NAND.

Yeah it is, but I was just showing the correct box. In case anyone thought it came with Android, they may get an initial fright when they turn it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Ah right, good point. I haven't actually tried Android on mine, have just stuck with the OE image. Quite happy with it, especially for the price. Have TvHeadend set up, with 3 tuners, videos streaming no problem over ethernet from NAS, and also connecting to it for TvHeadend from a couple of other boxes in the house. It is a little sluggish at times, and isn't totally bug free, but really can't fault it for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Can Mobdro and showbox be loaded in to it?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Can Mobdro and showbox be loaded in to it?

Provided that you have a version of Android on it yeah, there is a showbox repo for kodi doing the rounds aswell, not sure about mondeo thou

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Provided that you have a version of Android on it yeah, there is a showbox repo for kodi doing the rounds aswell, not sure about mondeo thou

Yep there is an addon for both.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Allyall wrote:
    Yep there is an addon for both.

which one is that ?

tharmor wrote: »
    which one is that ?
    The two that ronanc1000 was asking about are in Kodi.

Ok this is going to make me sound like a complete idiot, but posting this to save others from themselves.

I was following the guides to set up TvHeadend and was clear as day up to the point where it actually configures it the videos show it backing out of the setting scrolling over to video and this web interface appearing magically . No indication that this needs to be done from your PC @ http://IPHERE:9981 :mad: In fact in all the videos it looks like thats how you access it , from the video section on the main screen

Had I actually thought about it for a second I might have copped on a lot sooner :o

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Lads, any comments on the fire TV box seeing as its down to 65 pounds.
    Seems to be decent specs. How would it fare compared to other boxes at a similar price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I am on board we the wetek group buy. Must be 13/14 of us now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Delivery left Northampton hub at 22:00 last night. looking good for the estimated 4th Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

did a thread get started to talk about the set-up couldn't find it in the search.

No , I don't think so. I'll do one in Android Devices when I get a minute, my issues with Kodi are many :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

MRTULES wrote: »
    Lads, any comments on the fire TV box seeing as its down to 65 pounds.
    Seems to be decent specs. How would it fare compared to other boxes at a similar price.

You could get a Fire TV stick for €35 here at Currys.
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/amazon-fire-tv-stick-8-gb/333163/397.3.1

I have one and it does everything I need from a streaming box, which is run Kodi and Plex. I'm more a fan of Plex as at least you know your content is there and if you pay for an account you can watch it from anywhere. Kodi can be a head-melter with broken and non-existent streams but if you don't mind tinkering around now and then it's good for the sports, if not always reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

I went for a box for me and my dad both. Only started using Kodi recently and want something easy to use for him. The reason I went for the box was because it has an ethernet connection which the stick lacks and the WiFi coverage is patchy in the main room. For the price I think it should be a bargain as I already have a few enigma boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

If there's anyone organising a new group buy, can they PM me.
    Signed up for the first and then completely forgot about it (typically)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

Are we talking fire stick ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

dodzy wrote: »
    Delivery left Northampton hub at 22:00 last night. looking good for the estimated 4th Dec

Looks like our order is exactly 24hrs behind yours which would keep ours on target for the 7th then as they don't deliver at weekends here unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

Fire stick not in stock anywhere yet it seems

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Looks like our order is exactly 24hrs behind yours which would keep ours on target for the 7th then as they don't deliver at weekends here unfortunately.
    Thank god aquos, as you're massively undercutting me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭spuddy

If there's anyone organising a new group buy, can they PM me.
    Signed up for the first and then completely forgot about it (typically)

Also interested

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

I was talking about fire TV box not stick. I'd be pretty sure the box is a lot better, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

MRTULES wrote: »
    I was talking about fire TV box not stick. I'd be pretty sure the box is a lot better, no?

The box is a more powerful device but if you're just using it for streaming, there's no difference really. You do need good wireless for the stick though as there's no Ethernet so you can't connect directly to a router.

Sorry for contributing to this o/t mini-thread :-( but I do think the Fire TV stick is good value at €35

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

groom wrote:
    If you're in the market for one the Amazon Fire TV and TV Stick are superb. They'll probably be discounted coming up to Black Friday. I got them last year for £49 (Fire TV) and £25(TV Stick) with Amazon Prime.

+1
    Rock solid

My experience so far is completely bonkers , had major issues with iptv and live tv in kodi nothing worked or worked for more than 2 minutes before ****ting it self.

Flashed android to nand and ran kodi there and did the same set ups and everything works perfectly :confused:

On a brighter note, took out my hard bricked/no power wetek play the other day. I had left it a few months ago.
    Ordered an RS232 to USB and decided to have a go at it this morning.
    I thought it was gone as there was\seemed to be no power (no light, no signal).

Back working perfectly now!! :D
    Just installing openELEC now.

Just checked tracking on our order. It's "out for delivery" as of 08:48 this morning

I've set up a thread on the Android forum here for users to post any tips or feedback on the WETEK Play over the coming weeks.

Update: The eagles have landed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭Invincible

Allyall wrote: »
    On a brighter note, took out my hard bricked/no power wetek play the other day. I had left it a few months ago.
    Ordered an RS232 to USB and decided to have a go at it this morning.
    I thought it was gone as there was\seemed to be no power (no light, no signal).

Back working perfectly now!! :D
    Just installing openELEC now.

That's a great price for the cable!
    You using it for laptop to Wetek?

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    That's a great price for the cable!
    You using it for laptop to Wetek?

Yep.
    Used the Serial that came with the Wetek to that to the laptop.

I'm chuffed.. :)
    I was convinced it was gone, as I had the case open, flashed an image that didn't work and when I went to unplug it, the power cable got caught, yanked out and I dropped it. :o
    Needless to say, when I tried to power it on, Nothing. So I said I'd get back to it and never did until this morning.

Weirdly, when I connected it to the terminal, nothing showed up except "AML_8726_V3#" - (I presume relating to the CPU)

But at least I knew something was happening. Shorted it and flashed recovery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement