Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I've been in contact with PM this morning, I have managed to get them to give me a special one off rate for each delivery, we are still sorting the logistics of it of it at the minute, it's looking like €3.95 delivered to a Parcel Motel locker of your choice. They have also informed me that we all don't need to be registered with PM to avail of this service either. We just need to supply them with a name, email address, phone number and a location of the chosen locker you want to avail of for each packages. It's my understanding also, that those who have ordered 2 will be considered as 1 delivery too. The person who ordered 3, I'll have to wait to see will all three fit into the sealed bags they supply to me to see if yours will be one or two deliveries.

Regarding packaging, they are sending me down 20 bags tonight to my locker and when the weteks come to me, I'll bag them all, label them up and PM will come and collect them from me. Obviously if people are PM customers already, they'll just need to supply me with their full names and their PM number..

That's s great offer you've negotiated!
    It'll be good to know for the next group buy that takes place.
    Think they're should be an award for the most helpful moderator on Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Invincible wrote: »
    That's s great offer you've negotiated!
    It'll be good to know for the next group buy that takes place.
    Think they're should be an award for the most helpful moderator on Boards!
    P**s off. He has me feeling like I'm robbing my group now !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

dodzy wrote: »
    P**s off. He has me feeling like I'm robbing my group now !

Sure you haven't sent them out yet!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

padair wrote: »
    If you are messaging me can you include your paypal name also.
    So far there are 3 out of the 12 slots taken.

Thanks.

Are you going off the list last night Padair ? I'd my name down on that so not sure if you've me included.

When you planning on putting in the order ?

Now one more question in general. I had sky multi room in the kitchen at home and all the wiring is in place still. If I hook up the Wetek satalite tuner to the sky cabling will that give me the non subscription channels ? Can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you going off the list last night Padair ? I'd my name down on that so not sure if you've me included.

Now one more question in general. I had sky multi room in the kitchen at home and all the wiring is in place still. If I hook up the Wetek satalite tuner to the sky cabling will that give me the non subscription channels ? Can't seem to find an answer anywhere.
    Once you connect your Wetek box to the sat cable, you will just have to scan Astra 28.2 and then you'll have all the FTA channels. You'll then need to tidy up the list (delete all the duplicates) and you'll be good to go.

• Advertisement

Once you connect your Wetek box to the sat cable, you will just have to scan Astra 28.2 and then you'll have all the FTA channels. You'll then need to tidy up the list (delete all the duplicates) and you'll be good to go.

Spot on Dodzy. Think I'll go with the Sat Tuner one so rather than either of the others.

Edit: Would this be a correct list of channels available ? I was mainly looking for RTE and UTV and it seems there both available along with Setanta Ireland.

http://www.wildsat.com/otherchannels.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Just sent you a PM Padair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

if u put on an enigma 2 image, u can use a plugin call autobouquets,
    that will scan all the channels and fta/freesat channels into groups for u

GY A1 wrote: »

Thanks for that. I'll Google a guide and have a read up on that.

Spot on Dodzy. Think I'll go with the Sat Tuner one so rather than either of the others.

Edit: Would this be a correct list of channels available ? I was mainly looking for RTE and UTV and it seems there both available along with Setanta Ireland.

http://www.wildsat.com/otherchannels.htm

You will not get Irish channels via a sky dish. Firstly it's too small and secondly, its pointing the wrong way. If irish channels are a must, then you need an antenna and a saorview compatible TV at the very minimum. This would be your easiest solution when you are going the WETEK Sat route.

Setanta Ireland is not available FTA. You need a minimum sub to UPC or the like. That said, The Kodi side of the WETEK can do many things that cannot be discussed here. Google is your friend.

• Advertisement

You will not get Irish channels via a sky dish. Firstly it's too small and secondly, its pointing the wrong way. If irish channels are a must, then you need an antenna and a saorview compatible TV at the very minimum. This would be your easiest solution when you are going the WETEK Sat route.

Setanta Ireland is not available FTA. You need a minimum sub to UPC or the like. That said, The Kodi side of the WETEK can do many things that cannot be discussed here. Google is your friend.

No not a must just a bonus. The box will be mainly used by myself for Kodi as I have it running on my MacBook and would be much better on a bigger screen.

No not a must just a bonus. The box will be mainly used by myself for Kodi as I have it running on my MacBook and would be much better on a bigger screen.
    You're obviously familiar with Kodi, so you'll be fine :cool:

You're obviously familiar with Kodi, so you'll be fine :cool:

Have an idea but want to start fresh and learn the workings from the ground up.

I've mainly applied skins/builds already but fancy tinkering around now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Yes ,you can .
    Autobouquetsmanager works too ,as does Crossepg ,Rats Picon plugin ,Rats Channel plugin,Rte player,Autotimer and many more plugins.
    Basically any plugin I use on my other Linux receivers works on the Wetek !

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

i wonder would setting up a thread dedicated to this wetek here be an option now considering in the next few days there's going to be 30+ of us trying to set them up :)

yes will be help for some in few days

For those who ordered a box with me, they have landed in TNT Milan hub this morning at 6.00am. I'll keep you guys updated. As soon as they land at my door, they'll be sent out via reg'd post as previously stated.

Whats the estimated delivery date on your order, mine is possibly a day behind yours, It was picked up a few hours ago. I hope its quicker than the est delivery date :)

think estimate from my last 1 was bang on,
    is it saying long

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Read WeTek forum and looks like the DVB S2 to order.

think estimate from my last 1 was bang on,
    is it saying long

7th Dec

• Advertisement

must be the order size,
    and there maybe bit busier,
    think it took 4/5 day for first 1 i ordered
    still pretty good

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Whats the estimated delivery date on your order, mine is possibly a day behind yours, It was picked up a few hours ago. I hope its quicker than the est delivery date :)
    Dec 4th. Left Milan at 6am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Allyall wrote: »
    Neteller are starting to charge in January too.
    Exact same email from both of them.

I got an email from both of them too but I cant see any monthly charges on the Fees page

Can you provide details?

Just to clarify, My order was submitted on Sunday and anyone who has ordered with me has already paid me in full, I do not have any spares on my order and I will not be putting in any more orders at this present time. Any talks of new orders have nothing to do with myself. Sorry for any confusion caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Nah not going off the list as I still need to get all of the contact details. Prett much first 12 or more and I will order.

I ordered 1 on sunday , ...... missed the boat through here due to my own dithering .... then ordered the wrong one, changed the order, and it arrived at my door 20 minutes ago. So mine was likely lumped in with all of yours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

pedair did you get my PM ? I will be going offline in a while and wont be back till late ( work just keep interfering with my life ) Want to make sure you have all my details...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Ordered with Padair hope we make the 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

So far I have the following people 10 so far.

Padair 2 * Sat tuner
    getoffthepot 2 * Sat tuner
    lolliedog 1 * sat tuner
    meolwan 1 * sat tuner
    emmetkenny 1 * sattuner
    DERICKOO 1 * Sattuner
    Doodlebug 1 * Sat tuner
    Rob316 1 * Sat tuner
    EoinF 1 * sat tuner

I will try and keep this up to date.

• Advertisement

we should get a tips thread going asap.

Already have a couple.

when plugging it in out of the box, would not power on when I plugged it into the 2 to 3 pin adaptor I had, worked when I used the supplied one and then into the 2 to 3 pin I had. Idiot I am didnt notice the adaptor that came with it, it was loose in the dhl bag not in the box

Wireless networking is disabled at the start and took me a while to find it. From the main screen, scroll at the way right then choose openelec it's in there , enable it first and then set up wpa/wep keys.

It supports a usb keyboard and mouse so had for typing in things during set up.

I'm sure I'll have more later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement