Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Right so, Im done, final count is 24 x DVB-S2 and 2 X DVB C/T/T2.

Ill be submitting this order in the morning, Thanks you all so much for being so prompt with sending on the funds to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

thanks for organising bud

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Right so, Im done, final count is 24 x DVB-S2 and 2 X DVB C/T/T2.

Ill be submitting this order in the morning, Thanks you all so much for being so prompt with sending on the funds to me

the tuner should come attached per boxes ordered,
    as last 1 i ordered last march came ready to go,
    but just looked at the box there and it doesnt sat dvbs2 or dvbt2 on the packaging
    but as ally said the the dvbs2 has threaded connectors
    and the dvbt2 has the push in aerial connectors

Allyall wrote: »
    I was just thinking, I ordered 4 Wetek play about a year ago, and I had to attach all of the tuners myself (like lego).
    I don't think they were separate, but they were in the box and didn't distinguish which was which.
    I presume these ones are the same.
    Just in case, it may save you a bit of time by asking them to mark the ones that don't have DVB-S2 tuners or you could be opening boxes all day.

- It's easy to tell them apart. The DVB-S2 have screw threads.

As there are only 2 of the terrestrial ones I ask them to mark those ones for me if they can.

I'll tell ye €1400 for sitting in front of the laptop all night, where would you get it, I think I'll have a good Christmas now thanks to all ye :):):)

ruby's
    lol
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    As there are only 2 of the terrestrial ones I ask them to mark those ones for me if they can.

I'll tell ye €1400 for sitting in front of the laptop all night, where would you get it, I think I'll have a good Christmas now thanks to all ye :):):)

• Advertisement

check price of the wetek on ebay,
    was lookng at the b.a. of the new raspberry pi the other day and
    there selling a £4 or 7 euro magazine with the free pi on e bay for 56 - 126 euro
    greedy sods

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

GY A1 wrote: »
    check price of the wetek on ebay,
    was lookng at the b.a. of the new raspberry pi the other day and
    there selling a £4 or 7 euro magazine with the free pi on e bay for 56 - 126 euro
    greedy sods

But the Pi zero is only £4 anyway isn't it?

https://vimeo.com/146893658

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Vision of a limited edition print run. instant fanboy collector's item ... Pi still sealed in the mag on Antique's Roadshow 2115 for squillions of Euro. Tesco ordering in a large batch new week should put the kibosh on that dream!

Still some fools and their money are easily parted ... I should know, I bought a Pi 1 Model B!

Update, this is now done and dusted, no more orders came in overnight so order has now been submitted and paid, thanks again to those who trusted me to do this.

3893DB9C-3927-4266-88C8-DC6E715EEDFF_zpshbbbous0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Sorry now for my ignorance. What is basic terms can this box do. Does it make your computer into a media centre. Is it only for computers. Can it connect to the tv. What's kodi. Sorry I have a very slow internet connection at the moment and researching is difficult.

• Advertisement

It can stream media from local and online sources.
    You can buy media subscriptions (IPTV, netflix, amazon movies, sky go etc..)
    You can also play games and check your email, browse the internet etc.
    It is a mini media centre itself, plug it into you TV, connect to the internet and you are ready to go.

Thanks Allyall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

if you have poor internet it may not be for you.

If you don't know what kodi is, its definitely not for you.

Poor internet is temporary. Kodi.... You have to start somewhere��

have you a computer or a tablet? Download kodi to either first and see how it goes.

if it suits you, buy a box, i wouldn't waste money until you know its something you want.

i run kodi on an old dell i5 laptop i have lying around, im getting this box to save on electricity and because its a little smaller.

RossieMan wrote: »
    have you a computer or a tablet? Download kodi to either first and see how it goes.

if it suits you, buy a box, i wouldn't waste money until you know its something you want.

i run kodi on an old dell i5 laptop i have lying around, im getting this box to save on electricity and because its a little smaller.

Thanks, it a laptop I'll download and try it out.

its a tiny box for what it does

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Is their images to flash like vix or blackhole?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ed eddy

funny how your allowed sell here and organise sales if your a "mod" yet others get banned,boards,ie is so hypritical

Ed eddy wrote: »
    funny how your allowed sell here and organise sales if your a "mod" yet others get banned,boards,ie is so hypritical

What the hell are you talking about, this was not organised by a mod, I only offered to help facilitate it. There is no one making any money out of this, what has happened in this thread has happened many times on boards in the past. If you have a problem with me or any other aspect of this thread, then report it and let those higher up look into what has gone on. Also, if you read back through the thread, you'll also see that another user has done exactly the same thing as I have facilitated and he wasn't a mod either.

• Advertisement

ah now get ur facts right :rolleyes:
    missed the boat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Ah lad, it was a group purchase to save all involved a few quid. Great idea, not sure why you have a bee in your bonnet about it.

On an unrelated manner, did anyone buy the box from living social in the OP? Its available for about 47 euros now with packaging. Is it worth getting? Never 100% sure about what sort of quality the electronics from those deals sites will be like

iggy wrote: »
    Is their images to flash like vix or blackhole?

there a few enigma2 images,
    including pbnigma,
    openatf, openhdf, openspa,
    no open vix yet but maybe in the future

dirtyden wrote: »

On an unrelated manner, did anyone buy the box from living social in the OP? Its available for about 47 euros now with packaging. Is it worth getting? Never 100% sure about what sort of quality the electronics from those deals sites will be like

What was the one in the OP? The Leelbox?

you would be better of going for the one it is trying to imitate.
    The original can be bought for ~ €34 and dual boots.

It has a biggish community too - More Roms etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭Doge

I remember the last time I put OpenElec on my PI DNLA streaming would flat out not work, and looking up online it said it wasnt supported. Streaming to OpenElec that is.

Have Openelec sorted it out yet?

I can stream to my openelec box, not that pretty of an experience mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

If anyone has missed out on the group order for the Wetek Play, I'll be making an order later tonight if anyone is interested. PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

If anyone has missed out on the group order for the Wetek Play, I'll be making an order later tonight if anyone is interested. PM me!

How much is it and what's the waiting period? Is the box pre loaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    How much is it and what's the waiting period? Is the box pre loaded?

All the information is in the last few pages. I'm offering the exact same as before. They'll be delivered to Longford and I will distribute from there. Similar to Aquo, I'll deal with postage charges when they actually come, each person can tell me what way they want theirs delivered and they can pay me whatever it is then. I'd say approximately €80 or less before postage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Is there many still interested in this, that haven't ordered already? I just caught up on thread, as I hadn't been following as I thought ye were still discussing the op.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement