Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Asi said, if you don't know what it is, don't buy it!

Born knowing everything yourself and never had to ask were you? Fair enough the information may be buried somewhere in the thread but I didn't imagine asking for confirmation before adding myself would cause anyone any great distress.

And as far as buying something, none of your business what anyone else buys pal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Clogging the thread up with crap is what the problem is.

This isn't plug and play out of the box, it requires knowing what to do with it. That's why it's not for everyone.

If it suits you, pop your name onto the list.

No need to get offensive, trying to be informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Excuse me? clogging up the thread with crap?

Some people on boards here seem to think they have the right to appoint themselves self moderators over what others should or shouldn't do, ask or even buy.

Being informative is what I hoped for when I asked the question, not being given a lecture on reading and buying habits.

Anyway, thread is going off topic, apologies to everyone. Silly carry on by the two of us really RossieMan in all honesty, lets both leave it there.

No offence meant ok.

Alright.

Cut off time for ordering is going to be 1pm. Anyone not on the list by then, too bad.

Demand has been a bit higher than we had anticipated I'd imagine. Could be a fun order to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭delboy76

I added my name anyway, I hope it all works out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Actually, i wont be buying this now so i can be removed from the list

I was lucky enough to snag the shield tv 500gb misprice from Amazon during the night which now seems will be honoured. Its a much better device so no need for the wetek. The spec for the wetek is quite low so i expect a level of sluggishness when using the device but no such issues with the shield.

Also have to agree with some of the posts above. These things are going to be very complicated to use especially when loading inages and utilising dvb functions. If you don't know how to do these things or do not have experience with kodi then you probably shouldn't be buying one. These are not magical working out of the box systems, they require advanced user configuration.

This thread is going to get awful messy if people are buying the box and have no idea how to use it. Caveat Emptor! It will not be the responsibility of others managing orders to handhold inexperienced users through the setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

Hey folks. Thanks for organizing this :) Stuck my name down for one there.

I think zarqoun has said what I was trying to say much better.

If you need it explained to you what this box is for, please, don't put your name down.

No one is responsible for it, no matter which one of us puts the order in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

zarquon wrote: »
    Actually, i wont be buying this now so i can be removed from the list

I was lucky enough to snag the shield tv 500gb misprice from Amazon during the night which now seems will be honoured. Its a much better device so no need for the wetek. The spec for the wetek is quite low so i expect a level of sluggishness when using the device but no such issues with the shield.

Also have to agree with some of the posts above. These things are going to be very complicated to use especially when loading inages and utilising dvb functions. If you don't know how to do these things or do not have experience with kodi then you probably shouldn't be buying one. These are not magical working out of the box systems, they require advanced user configuration.

This thread is going to get awful messy if people are buying the box and have no idea how to use it. Caveat Emptor! It will not be the responsibility of others managing orders to handhold inexperienced users through the setup.

How much did you get shield tv for? Looks like a nice device.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

coldfire1x wrote:
    How much did you get shield tv for? Looks like a nice device.

€167 including shipping. Thats for the 500gb model including remote and controller. Amazon de accidently priced the 500gb model with 16gb price but tge 16gb is still available at this price. Spec is miles better than the underpowered wetek. Tbh €54 is about the right price for the wetek anyway ignoring sales as the spec is rubbish. For anyone that does not want a dvb tuner then there are better spec boxes than the wetek available for cheaper.

People get caught up in a supposed bargain frenzy even if the deal really isn't a bargain. Reminds me of the post i read declaring what a great bargain the pebble was followed by a question by the same poster asking what exactly the pebble was!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Alright.

Cut off time for ordering is going to be 1pm. Anyone not on the list by then, too bad.

Demand has been a bit higher than we had anticipated I'd imagine. Could be a fun order to sort out.

Count me out sorry. Was going to get them for relatives but I think they'd be a bit too complicated for them

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wonk

Another for DVB-S2 and pay with PayPal
    cheers

I'll have a look at the list when I get a chance and see who's in and out, this is why I hate this sort of thing, very hard to keep track.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

zarquon wrote: »
    €167 including shipping. Thats for the 500gb model including remote and controller. Amazon de accidently priced the 500gb model with 16gb price but tge 16gb is still available at this price. Spec is miles better than the underpowered wetek. Tbh €54 is about the right price for the wetek anyway ignoring sales as the spec is rubbish. For anyone that does not want a dvb tuner then there are better spec boxes than the wetek available for cheaper.

People get caught up in a supposed bargain frenzy even if the deal really isn't a bargain. Reminds me of the post i read declaring what a great bargain the pebble was followed by a question by the same poster asking what exactly the pebble was!!!

OK, we get it. You think the wetek is rubbish. You've said it enough.

In contrast, for 53€, I know this is a bargain. It'll have plenty of ongoing support, you can add a sat/terr tuner which is a huge plus IMO, and despite you're scare-mongering, you do not need a degree in engineering to operate these; there is plethora of youtube tutorials for any concerned folks plus for those of us who like tinkering, there will be plenty of ROMs available, allowing you to personalize it.

And you're comparing it to something that costs over 300% more is pretty ridiculous.

In addition, i'd be very keen for your recommendations on the 'better spec'd boxes for less money' ????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

I'll have a look at the list when I get a chance and see who's in and out, this is why I hate this sort of thing, very hard to keep track.

Just Cizolin & Zarquon have withdrawn so far I think.

Rossie, i know i'm late to the party but whats the cost for box plus sat tuner as part of the group buy ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

53.99 plus delivery
    whichever delivery we decide on

GY A1 wrote: »
    53.99 plus delivery
    whichever delivery we decide on

Cheers GY A1, can you put us down for 2 please (with DVB S2 please ) pretty please ?

I've not looked at the sat tuners, I want one for sure, but think it might be too messy to add them in to this order.

How the hell are we going to work this? Send Paypal all to one person? They pay it on? I wonder would wetek allow us to each send to them, put boards or something in the title? That way it'd be much easier.

I'll look at the Google doc now.

I've not looked at the sat tuners, I want one for sure, but think it might be too messy to add them in to this order.

How the hell are we going to work this? Send Paypal all to one person? They pay it on? I wonder would wetek allow us to each send to them, put boards or something in the title? That way it'd be much easier.

That would be handy for us, if they're willing to do it.
    We still have delivery to sort after, looked at courier option earlier but too expensive, so as you said, I think, Parcel Motel @ €4.50 could be best?

• Advertisement

Rossie, its dead handy to order the stuff, once you've over 12, you're sorted. Just apply the code on the checkout page.

dodzy wrote: »
    OK, we get it. You think the wetek is rubbish. You've said it enough.

In contrast, for 53€, I know this is a bargain. It'll have plenty of ongoing support, you can add a sat/terr tuner which is a huge plus IMO, and despite you're scare-mongering, you do not need a degree in engineering to operate these; there is plethora of youtube tutorials for any concerned folks plus for those of us who like tinkering, there will be plenty of ROMs available, allowing you to personalize it.

And you're comparing it to something that costs over 300% more is pretty ridiculous.

In addition, i'd be very keen for your recommendations on the 'better spec'd boxes for less money' ????

Techrader say the shield is only a mediocre android box and an excellent gaming system.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

27 with Satelite Tuners - €1457.73

2 with DVB-T\C - €107.98

3 Blank - €161.97

Split the orders up into 2 x 16?

If there are a large group from Dublin/Cork/Galway etc.?

Somehow collect the order addresses and go from there. If Parcel Motel is needed or - 3 free parcel Wizard deliveries before Christmas ;)

Parcel Wizard may like the advertising this could give them, as everyone could sign up to it anyway and get it free.

yes rather than 1 person having to send them all out for delivery,
    would be better to split the order
    might hit 36, 3 orders lol
    (im galway)
    Allyall wrote: »
    27 with Satelite Tuners - €1457.73

2 with DVB-T\C - €107.98

3 Blank - €161.97

Split the orders up into 2 x 16?

If there are a large group from Dublin/Cork/Galway etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Hi

have I missed the boat on this one?

if not stick me down for one with a S2 tuner. can pay by paypal.

Cheers

Eoin

Probably a good idea to put the location of the buyers on the shared sheet, just to see the logistic spread ?

Who's controlling the sheet at the moment, is it you Ally?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Good idea, would it be possible to get Wetek to provide us with a unique Boards discount code and we can all order

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I will ring paypal after lunch (15 minutes) and ask them if it's possible to set up a temporary account for this thread.

Everyone that pays address will be in their paypal or paypal payment.

If possible forward that to DPD Parcel Wizard, or if anyone has a better idea?

Bartyman wrote: »
    Good idea, would it be possible to get Wetek to provide us with a unique Boards discount code and we can all order

I've asked them exactly this on their contact portal a while ago ;)

• Advertisement

have a wetek box packaging
    and the package size is 210mmx160mm x 90mm deep

Allyall wrote: »
    I will ring paypal after lunch (15 minutes) and ask them if it's possible to set up a temporary account for this thread.

Everyone that pays address will be in their paypal or paypal payment.

If possible forward that to DPD Parcel Wizard, or if anyone has a better idea?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement