Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,073 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nobelium wrote: »
    People are sick of the country being littered by bullshyte posters. And Casey's vote with have noting to do with the so called "anti-traveler sentiment" that's just more of the usual slurs and spin. It's pro ordinary law abiding people sentiment who are sick and tired of being told what to think, say and do by a patronising spinning media, who do not have their interests at heart.

If you aren't able to think for yourself, turn the media off and don't buy the newspapers that are controlling your mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    That might make sense if he wasn’t running against an incumbent who is also anti-establishment but has much more credibility.

Ming stood up for the turf cutters and for the drinking water in Roscommon. Casey has never done anything for anyone but Casey.

So people are sick of posters - is he on the doors canvassing? Is he doing town halls? How is he connecting with people?

Wake up, its not Casey Vs Ming . . . it's Casey and Ming Vs the other anti "rural" ireland scumbags / groupthinkbots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

That might make sense if he wasn’t running against an incumbent who is also anti-establishment but has much more credibility.

Ming stood up for the turf cutters and for the drinking water in Roscommon. Casey has never done anything for anyone but Casey.

So people are sick of posters - is he on the doors canvassing? Is he doing town halls? How is he connecting with people?

Stood up for the turf cutters Ming couldn't care less about the them but he new there was votes in it.
    Man of the people nonsense.He seems to have forgot about politicians get paid to much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

Wake up, its not Casey Vs Ming . . . it's Casey and Ming Vs the other scumbags / groupthinkbots

The only reason Casey did half as well in the Presidential election was because none of the main political parties put a candidate forward.

FF and FG have most country towns sewn up: from the GAA clubs to the parish priests. Plus, they’ll actually knock on doors and invest in campaign literature.

Casey is a fool if he thinks all he has to do is show up.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

mgn wrote: »
    Stood up for the turf cutters Ming couldn't care less about the them but he new there was votes in it.
    Man of the people nonsense.He seems to have forgot about politicians get paid to much.

Everything you have said about Ming here applies to Casey.

Saying things knowing there's votes there, couldn't care less, man of the people nonsense.

EDIT: Also, anyone who thinks anybody but Mairead McGuinness is going to walk this is deluded and has their head in the sand.

McGuinness' stock has jumped immensely over Brexit, and has become the most prominent Irish speaker on the issue after Varadkar and Coveney. The constituency also incorporates the border counties which her stance will resonate well with.

Her and Carthy will mop up the border counties votes, and will also pick up votes elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »
    Everything you have said about Ming here applies to Casey.

Saying things knowing there's votes there, couldn't care less, man of the people nonsense.

I'll take a "man of the people" any day over "lets screw the people"

Mairead McGuinness is just another patronising cardboard FG bot reading from a script

So you're willing to pay someone who has zero policies?

Sounds like you're biting off your nose to spite your face there.

What will Casey do for you?

So you're willing to pay someone who has zero policies?

Sounds like you're biting off your nose to spite your face there.

What will Casey do for you?

More than the Mairead McGuinness script reading party robot ever will that's for sure.

More than the Mairead McGuinness script reading party robot ever will that's for sure.

Which is?

Which is?

Well compared to what Mariead McGuiness has delivered to date (zero, other than reading from party written scripts) anything would be a start.

• Advertisement

Mairead McGuinness is just another patronising cardboard FG bot reading from a script

'Man of the people' who wanted to join Fianna Fail as soon as he got a bit of notice. Yeh, right! :D:D:D

Well compared to what Mariead McGuiness has delivered to date (zero, other than reading from party written scripts) anything would be a start.

So you can tell me nothing that Peter Casey can do for you.

Or you're refusing to. I'll leave it there.

Mairead McGuinness will top the poll by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,646 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If you think somebody from a party which has shut down rural hospitals, made a major blunder with billions of our euro on the new children's hospital, left rural Ireland without broadband, wants everybody to stop cutting turf and has a gay party leader is going to top the poll in the northwest region you are deluded.
    Sadly she might get a seat.

So you can tell me nothing that Peter Casey can do for you.

Or you're refusing to. I'll leave it there.

Mairead McGuinness will top the poll by the way.

Pretty sure Ming will top the poll again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I haven’t seen so much as a poster for Casey in Galway. Anti-traveler sentiment will only get him so far. None of my family there would vote for him, Ming all the way.

He will do well in County Galway, the city is full of liberals

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    He will do well in County Galway, the city is full of liberals

Doubt it. My dad is a working class man in a county galway town and he wouldn’t consider giving Casey a vote.

And the town is roughly 30% travellers.

Doubt it. My dad is a working class man in a county galway town and he wouldn’t consider giving Casey a vote.

Or so he tells you to get a little bit of peace. I'd say it's more of a case he can't be bothered listening to your dictatorial intolerant PC shyte.

Or so he tells you to get a little bit of peace. I'd say it's more of a case he can't be bothered listening to your dictatorial intolerant PC shyte.

Hahaha, wow - that’s quite an extraordinary leap you’ve made there, I’m almost impressed.

My dad is quite capable of making his opinion known. He won’t support FF or FG, he’s been a huge Ming supporter for years and he sees Casey as an absolute chancer who doesn’t even pay his taxes here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭circadian

Ohhhhhhhh, look at this. Ohhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhh, hmmmmmmmm. What an incredible post. Ohhhhh, ahhhhh.

It’ll be interesting to see how many of that 30% will vote.

• Advertisement

Hahaha, wow - that’s quite an extraordinary leap you’ve made there, I’m almost impressed.

My dad is quite capable of making his opinion known. He won’t support FF or FG, he’s been a huge Ming supporter for years and he sees Casey as an absolute chancer who doesn’t even pay his taxes here.

Waterford Whispers are usually very good at tapping into what a lot of people are thinking. Not the 23%, mind you, the rest of us.
    US Green Card Holder Trying To Freeload On Irish Public
    DURING a robust TV debate surrounding the upcoming European Elections, there have been calls for more to be done about US green card holders trying to freeload off the Irish public in the form of an MEP salary.

The freeloader at the centre of the debate, Peter Casey, is believed to be in the middle of a plan to shamelessly have the hardworking Irish public pay his wages.

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2019/04/29/us-green-card-holder-trying-to-freeload-on-irish-public/

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

Waterford Whispers are usually very good at tapping into what a lot of people are thinking. Not the 23%, mind you, the rest of us.

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2019/04/29/us-green-card-holder-trying-to-freeload-on-irish-public/

Waterford Whispers is complete muck. About as edgy as reading the Guardian. Pity, it was funny when it started out.

Ming is a professional jack in the box

Jackman25 wrote: »
    Waterford Whispers is complete muck. About as edgy as reading the Guardian. Pity, it was funny when it started out.

WW are just smug liberals sneering at middle Ireland sensibilities, how original ( not)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,079 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

WW are just smug liberals sneering at middle Ireland sensibilities, how original ( not)

A bit hit mand miss, I find.

Part of the problem is that conservatives have a tendency to put themselves up on pedestals and you know what happens then...

(And no - liberals don't do the same thing - liberals tend to operate in groups)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Jackman25 wrote: »

Satire considers itself a success when it provokes reactions like those folks. Well done. :)

I actually find WW is fairly even handed in the sacred cows it lampoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Casey got a good working class vote last time.

He'll still get a good bit of that but turn out won't be stellar and he has been low key.

7% and he should be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

BIGT4464 wrote: »
    None of the other candidates policies have either
    Three of them are already sitting MEPs and have a much better grasp of well everything. He has no idea what related to Europe, what's local and what's national.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A bit hit mand miss, I find.

Part of the problem is that conservatives have a tendency to put themselves up on pedestals and you know what happens then...

(And no - liberals don't do the same thing - liberals tend to operate in groups)
    We don't have conservatives in the right wing sense that exists elsewhere. They tend to be single issue family value fanatics.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Is this town Tuam or Balinasloe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement