Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CRC deliveries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭djbproductions

I'd a delivery to the office last week from CRC and it was fine, 3 days from order to delivery.
    I'm guessing though that it's more dependable when delivered to a business address as the risk of multiple attempted deliveries isn't really there (bearing in mind the model of driver being paid a fixed amount per delivery).
    My address was a work one and have used the same for last 5 years however still no joy. Ordered 12dec and now waiting for refund. Have already told CRC that I will not be ordering from them as they use Fastway, they dont seem to care. Got an email from Fastway with "item sent back to sender, contact sender". Lovely service, not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

My address was a work one and have used the same for last 5 years however still no joy. Ordered 12dec and now waiting for refund. Have already told CRC that I will not be ordering from them as they use Fastway, they dont seem to care. Got an email from Fastway with "item sent back to sender, contact sender". Lovely service, not.

Jesus :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

I ordered this morning and always get delivered to work. As you say if there are a lot of goodies to be dropped off at the same time, there is less likelihood of a courier letting goods build up before doing a run. Will report back on time taken, its all small stuff like cables this time

No joy for me this time. 3 days and no scans. Got on to CRC web chat

"Ok this was despatched on Monday, from our UK warehouse, due to the storm on Monday this has caused a delay, the tracking should update latest by Monday- Tuesday next week. Once it arrives in Ireland the tracking will update and you'll be able to track the parcel"

and

"it's caused a backlog , so this is why there's a little more delay than usual Is there anything else I can help you with?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Ordered a portable jet washer in Nov. Fastway tracking still say its in the hub!! A driver I spoke to say they cant find it. CRC dragged their heels for 2 weeks, ignoring me, and said they were waiting for an update from Fastway. CRC chat were worse than useless. Bought washer elsewhere, did a paypal claim for non delivery of goods. Refunded in about 7 days. No more CRC for me. I use all4cycling and deporvillage now. Based in spain. A tenner for dhl delivery but you have it in 3 days tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭JMcL

No joy for me this time. 3 days and no scans. Got on to CRC web chat

"Ok this was despatched on Monday, from our UK warehouse, due to the storm on Monday this has caused a delay, the tracking should update latest by Monday- Tuesday next week. Once it arrives in Ireland the tracking will update and you'll be able to track the parcel"

and

"it's caused a backlog , so this is why there's a little more delay than usual Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Similar. Order dispatched from Wiggle - so I presume coming from the same place - on the 14th, nary a sign of a scan yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

I’m having an issue with a return to wiggle
    They give you label to print out and return via an post office
    Goods have sat in sorting office in Dublin for ten days now . Keeps getting processed and not sent
    Turns out an issue with the label . The label wiggle gave me . That’s about all the info they will give me in wiggle . They are apparently going to return to my home address and I have to go through the process again
    Very annoying as nobody bothered in an post to contact me or return even though my home address is on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Ordered from Evans instead, just got the dreaded Fastway notification...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Flaccus wrote: »
    No more CRC for me. I use all4cycling and deporvillage now. Based in spain. A tenner for dhl delivery but you have it in 3 days tops.
    Same here, either collect from LBS or order from one of the German retailers who give you expected shipping date, shipping is always €9.99 but frequently get vouchers for €10 or €15 off at certain times of the year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Ordered from Evans instead, just got the dreaded Fastway notification...

Nooooooo!
    Damn narrowing options

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Ordered €400 quids worth of stuff from Bike24 on Suinday night and was delivered DPD on Thurs.
    Gonna be my new go to online ,depsite it being part of the wiggle group, especially with Brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

For what it's worth.

Ordered last Wednesday 0900. Dispatched Thurs per CRC. Nothing on Fastway Fri. Updated Sat afternoon to say Fastway had the package. Delivered this morning 1000.

No issues.

Mine arrived this morning too. 7 days on. Will never assume a quick delivery from crc again. All the stuff I ordered should in theory be in the warehouse up north (basic small stuff) but came from the UK.

Strange how knock on works. Because gear cable was broken and new one stuck in post couldn't use winter bike. Put race bike on turbo to train instead and broke saddle . It was 5 years old and may have been weakening but turbo finished it.

JMcL wrote: »
    Similar. Order dispatched from Wiggle - so I presume coming from the same place - on the 14th, nary a sign of a scan yet.

So a week after ordering, 6 days after "despatch" still nary a sign of a scan never mind a package. 2 emails have gone to Wiggle at this stage with nary an answer or even a human originated acknowledgement forthcoming. They keep going on about contacting them by some live chat line, but try as I might, I can find no trace of any such thing. They really seem to have gone to hell - they used to be prompt both in customer service and delivery

Will never assume a quick delivery from crc again.

This is the big thing for me, even though I seem to have gotten lucky with recent orders I no longer trust them for 2 day delivery which used to be nailed on.

By way of comparison I ordered tights from La Passione last week, delivered in less than 24 hours from Italy with free postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

koutoubia wrote: »
    Ordered €400 quids worth of stuff from Bike24 on Suinday night and was delivered DPD on Thurs.
    Gonna be my new go to online ,depsite it being part of the wiggle group, especially with Brexit.

Nice order, I ordered €120 worth of parts at the weekend from Bike24. Unlike CRC & Wiggle they actually have items in stock and their prices are so much better which is strange since the one group.
    It's kind of annoying having to pay for postage on top but the price differences quickly eradicate that extra cost.

I've an order with bike24 too. You'll find it hard to beat the following for prices and as said above the then 10E shipping is quickly absorbed

--

Garmin Edge 130 GPS Cycling Computer
    Quantity: 1 129,19 EU

Shimano Ultegra CN-6701 Chain 10-speed - 114 links
    Quantity: 1 17,56 EUR

My Evans Order with Fastway arrived this afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I had a wiggle voucher to spend from Christmas so placed order on Friday, received update today that its packed, have a fastway tracking number. Maybe I'll be the exception and it will 'just arrive' on Thursday as anticipated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Don't get me wrong, if Fastway improve, I'll go back, and they may well do so, no harm in them coming good but they have along way to go ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

I've an order with bike24 too. You'll find it hard to beat the following for prices and as said above the then 10E shipping is quickly absorbed

--

also seem to have the best price on the Garmin 830 from my browsing around...but do i need it ?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭rayman1

Placed an order late on Thursday night and it arrived this morning Tuesday. Can't complain about that.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, if Fastway improve, I'll go back, and they may well do so, no harm in them coming good but they have along way to go ATM
    Fastway have been the worst, for us, for years now. Sites that tell you ahead of purchase, I go elsewhere. I haven't had anything lost, but that's more luck given how they treat deliveries. All "signed" for.

After 8 days and 3 emails - first two completely unacknowledged - Wiggle finally responded to me. They'd dispatched the jacket I ordered on the 13th but it never turned up with Fastway. They've resent it so now I'm back to waiting for it to turn up with the lovely Fastway :-( Meantime I've also ordered the Galibier Mistral that was on the bargain alerts thread a couple of days ago as that was too good an offer to pass up, so they can race each other :-)

JMcL wrote: »
    After 8 days and 3 emails - first two completely unacknowledged - Wiggle finally responded to me. They'd dispatched the jacket I ordered on the 13th but it never turned up with Fastway. They've resent it so now I'm back to waiting for it to turn up with the lovely Fastway :-( Meantime I've also ordered the Galibier Mistral that was on the bargain alerts thread a couple of days ago as that was too good an offer to pass up, so they can race each other :-)

I also ordered the Mistral yesterday and am hoping for quick delivery so that I can wear it on a spin on Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

koutoubia wrote: »

Wiggle sold Bike24 back to Riverside late last year. Also CRC posted major losses last year. I am sure their tiny margins are a contributory factor to using a cheap courier like Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Luxman wrote: »
    I had a wiggle voucher to spend from Christmas so placed order on Friday, received update today that its packed, have a fastway tracking number. Maybe I'll be the exception and it will 'just arrive' on Thursday as anticipated.

Well well. Received a day early. I wasn’t home and a note told me the package was left round the side of the house which it was. No damage either. Only problem was website was never updated. Package probably moved faster than someone was bothered to update it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Fastway have been the worst, for us, for years now. Sites that tell you ahead of purchase, I go elsewhere. I haven't had anything lost, but that's more luck given how they treat deliveries. All "signed" for.
    I got an email from Fastway yesterday saying my parcel was 'delivered' to my address which was strange since there was no one home. I live on a street so no side entrance/wheelie bin/porch etc. Turns out it had been left with a 'neighbour' but I don't know which one and they haven't made themselves known to me. FFS! Bring back An Post - at least I could nip down to the parcel office when not at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Just had Joan sign for a Fastway delivery. I don't know Joan :confused: Hoping it should read Jane who is our neighbour but I wish the delivery guy would do what 90% of the others do, leave it inside our porch! Fastway have been bang on time for me now for 4 deliveries in the past 2 weeks, all came a day earlier than wiggle suggested

Speaking of deliveries, I sent an Amazon package for next day delivery to an old Belfast office I used to work in yesterday by mistake! :o Hoping the Security guys refuse it and that it goes back to them! I only copped when I got a "dispatched" notification. I've hit cancel so fingers crossed it turns around! Dope!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Flaccus wrote: »
    Wiggle sold Bike24 back to Riverside late last year. Also CRC posted major losses last year. I am sure their tiny margins are a contributory factor to using a cheap courier like Fastway.

A bit about Wiggle/CRC. and Bike24.

https://cyclingindustry.news/wiggle-posts-pre-tax-loss-of-132-5-million/

• Advertisement

--

Order placed last Friday at 5pm, arrived this morning (6 days)

Advertisement