Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRC deliveries

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Everything I've ordered from Germany has gone on the slow boat or train..... Week to 10 days..

Crc /wiggle has been around 4 days lately. They have given me a longer expected delivery time but has always been a good bit quicker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Lets just stop calling it CRC or Wiggle, its Wiggle. They ship from the UK, they hold no stock up north and have, except the store, shut down operations up there. Which is bizarre as it was the perfect operation in the current market but c'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Everything I've ordered from Germany has gone on the slow boat or train..... Week to 10 days..

Crc /wiggle has been around 4 days lately. They have given me a longer expected delivery time but has always been a good bit quicker.

I ordered bikecomponents at lunchtime on the 23rd, delivered morning of the 26th. Ordered from CRC on 30th so we'll see how long that takes - I guess Easter will interfere a bit with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Just a quick question. If there issues with customs for bike stuff coming from Wiggle? (or any other UK bike shops)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Just a quick question. If there issues with customs for bike stuff coming from Wiggle? (or any other UK bike shops)

With Wiggle, you pay them and that's it, nothing further to pay on delivery. No financial issues with customs, everything is done from Wiggle's end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭C3PO

Eamonnator wrote: »
    With Wiggle, you pay them and that's it, nothing further to pay on delivery. No financial issues with customs, everything is done from Wiggle's end.

Even if the order value is over €150?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

C3PO wrote: »
    Even if the order value is over €150?

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/customer-service/brexit-faqs

Nothing further to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Ordered from CRC last Tuesday.. Arrived this morning with no issues. So cant complain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Read attached. What is normal warranty ? Has anyone else found lifeline products tend to break.

That's twice I've been batted away regarding warranty by CRC. On the other hand I've had great response from bike24 with regards to a Lezyne micro GPS which stopped working.

Read attached. What is normal warranty ? Has anyone else found lifeline products tend to break.

That's twice I've been batted away regarding warranty by CRC. On the other hand I've had great response from bike24 with regards to a Lezyne micro GPS which stopped working.
    How long did you have it for? It's not so much warranty as that word is just for convenience. A product should last, provided its not subject to any abnormal wear and tear for a reasonable period of time in line with what the product is expected to last for. In my opinion, and on the basis that Garmin and others advertise that their batteries last 3.5 years, this is a reasonable expectation of the life of the product. Lifeline tend to be cheaper than Garmin or Wahoo IIRC. So I would expect about 2 years. Had a quick look at their description, it goes for 900hours use, so for lets say me, that's about 1.5years.
    Long story short, CRC customer service tanked when Wiggle transferred over to their team and has gotten worse since. I know if I mailed Rose, Bike Components or any of those similar companies, it would be sorted ASAP so long as it was reasonable. They are now outside the EU though so not sure how the legal side of things work as if they are not engaged you would be looking at trying your best and then going small claims, which they probably don't see you doing as its the same cost as a new monitor plus time.
    My only advice is learn not to buy from them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

CramCycle wrote: »
    How long did you have it for? It's not so much warranty as that word is just for convenience. A product should last, provided its not subject to any abnormal wear and tear for a reasonable period of time in line with what the product is expected to last for. In my opinion, and on the basis that Garmin and others advertise that their batteries last 3.5 years, this is a reasonable expectation of the life of the product. Lifeline tend to be cheaper than Garmin or Wahoo IIRC. So I would expect about 2 years. Had a quick look at their description, it goes for 900hours use, so for lets say me, that's about 1.5years.
    Long story short, CRC customer service tanked when Wiggle transferred over to their team and has gotten worse since. I know if I mailed Rose, Bike Components or any of those similar companies, it would be sorted ASAP so long as it was reasonable. They are now outside the EU though so not sure how the legal side of things work as if they are not engaged you would be looking at trying your best and then going small claims, which they probably don't see you doing as its the same cost as a new monitor plus time.
    My only advice is learn not to buy from them again.

It was a lifeline HR strap and the contact between transmitter and strap corroded after 18 months use. Same happened with a previous lifeline strap after14 months but I did nothing about warranty then. Its due to sweat, maybe that's the norm for straps but you sweat when you work so I'd expect something more robust.

The lever that flicks between pump and chamber on a lifeline Airblast pump snapped after a bit more than a years use rendering it useless. Fill out a claim form for that too but same story.

I've have probably spent (low) thousands with CRC over 15 years but it counts for nothing. Several years back they did rebuild a Mavic Krysium wheel with a cracked rim around a spoke under warranty but somehow could not imagine them doing something like that now

It was a lifeline HR strap and the contact between transmitter and strap corroded after 18 months use. Same happened with a previous lifeline strap after14 months but I did nothing about warranty then. Its due to sweat, maybe that's the norm for straps but you sweat when you work so I'd expect something more robust.

The lever that flicks between pump and chamber on a lifeline Airblast pump snapped after a bit more than a years use rendering it useless. Fill out a claim form for that too but same story.

I've have probably spent (low) thousands with CRC over 15 years but it counts for nothing. Several years back they did rebuild a Mavic Krysium wheel with a cracked rim around a spoke under warranty but somehow could not imagine them doing something like that now

I think technically there are care instructions on most straps, water, ethanol etc. This said, I rarely done more than quick rinse and dry on mine but it does happen. This said, I contacted Wahoo with the same issue directly and they just posted a strap out with an apology. I offered to buy one but they just posted one out. So yep, if you never cleaned it after use, not much you can do unfortunately and for the cost of a strap, probably cost more to get sorted. Maybe email Lifeline direct to ask, that's my only other advice.
    The Airblast I would have expected to last far longer and that should have been replaced, repaired or refunded.
    The other thing is, most companies use a generic out of warranty response as it gets most monkeys off their back but it is not fulfilling their legal duty. If you buy a TV, you expect it to last longer than a year, so if it blows out after 13 months through no fault of yours they should assist. Regrettably some companies make you go the small claims court route for it. The likes of Curries and HN offer to give you an extended warranty for a cost, even though this is normally to the expected lifetime of the equipment anyway.

Advertisement