Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRC deliveries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Searchers

I got the e-mail also. It is quite vague about the actions being taken to address the situation. I expect them to tell us more on this aspect as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭oisinog

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I got the same email and I do blame CRC for it. I am CRC's customer. I deal with them, if I have a problem with a CRC order, I take it up with them, nobody else.

But Why is it CRCs fault? Would you blame your credit card provider if somewhere you bought goods from was hacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

oisinog wrote: »
    But Why is it CRCs fault? Would you blame your credit card provider if somewhere you bought goods from was hacked.

Apples and oranges.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

In fairness, CRC should ensure that they data they provide to their distributors is appropriately protected.
    It is on them from a GDPR perspective as they are the principal data controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

But Why is it CRCs fault?
    Because they made the decision to stop using An Post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

I got the same email but nothing from Fastway. Its quite a serious breach, name, address and telephone number. Should we not be hearing from Fastway on what action they are taking?

talkabout wrote: »
    I got the same email but nothing from Fastway. Its quite a serious breach, name, address and telephone number. Should we not be hearing from Fastway on what action they are taking?

And email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

I got the same email too. Seriously unimpressed, that’s a very significant breach.

Fastway are the absolute worst, I shop quite a bit from CRC and Wiggle and the delivery times are atrocious, tracking irrelevant, and have had a few bad experiences with actually delivery.

I’ve been considering it for a while now and this is very much the straw that broke the camels back. Will be taking my business elsewhere while CRC retain the services of Fastway.

I like to give my business to an (norther) Irish company but the likes of Alltricks and BikeInn are just as cheap and delivery times from the continent is on par and carried by reputable couriers.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Looks like Littlewoods customers are also affected by the breach based on this thread in the Legal Discussion forum...
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058167795/1/#post116551381

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

With the money saved from giving up the booze I have taken to paying more to LBS and CSS. I tried to support CRC but since they no longer run anything bar the shop out of the North, I don't feel bad anymore. I don't think your supporting jobs up North by buying from them anymore but am open to correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

The hackers are still waiting for the information to arrive. A tracking link has been provided but there are no scans yet on the system after a week. Secretly, Chainreaction are hoping that the information is returned to them for no apparent rhyme or reason without delivery having been attempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I received the email this morning. I ordered Monday 1st and it was delivered Monday 8th. I was given a tracking number by CRC but the Fastway website didn't return any result - not even the usual 'no scans' result.

I assume that I was informed by CRC rather than Fastway as I'm CRC's customer - not Fastway's. Fastway appear to have informed their customer - CRC.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I got the same email from CRC.
    Given how Fastaway run their business I am not surprised with the fcuk up, the fact that it went on for 2 days or the fact that their systems are so shyte and I'm guessing underresourced they got hacked.
    That said I know nothing of these systems.
    But it's a pisser. Am not happy. I stopped using CRC and Wiggle when they started using Fastaway, CSS too, but there were pursuit bars for €7 so I got a few bits for free delivery #falseeconomy
    Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

I got the mail as well - just wondering if people are going to switch their email addresses? Nightmare to have to do that...reminds me of the thoughts of switching banks! :)

But, 'someone' has your

- Name
    - Postal Adddress
    - Phone Number
    - Email address

...so, that's pretty much ALL of your 'primary key' data which identifies you specifically. Only missing a password and so I wonder if someone could request a password reset using your email address and phone number combo?

At least, we're not alone.
    Details of 446,143 deliveries were hacked according to The Journal.

https://www.thejournal.ie/fastway-data-breach-customer-details-5378528-Mar2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Searchers

I bought from CRC after checking that the items I wanted weren’t available in LBSs. Won’t be purchasing again unless we get far more satisfactory info in relation to their service which used to be far superior when they used An Post.

Searchers wrote: »
    I bought from CRC after checking that the items I wanted weren’t available in LBSs. Won’t be purchasing again unless we get far more satisfactory info in relation to their service which used to be far superior when they used An Post.

CRC don't deal out of the North in regards online stuff anymore as far as I can tell, you would be better off ordering from one of the big European companies, they tend to have really great predictions on stock, cheaper than wiggle who somehow fluffed using NI as a trading hub. You'd have to wonder who runs Wiggle day to day as they have missed so many tricks in relation to Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

I see the track my parcel at the end of this page https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/staticcontent/postageInfoPage.jsp refer to An Post deliveries, is this new? If they've dumped Fastway for An Post, I'll use them again.

I see the track my parcel at the end of this page https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/staticcontent/postageInfoPage.jsp refer to An Post deliveries, is this new? If they've dumped Fastway for An Post, I'll use them again.

I'd like to hope so but I know another one of their pages still had an An Post link even though they used Fastway so possibly just not updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

CramCycle wrote: »
    I'd like to hope so but I know another one of their pages still had an An Post link even though they used Fastway so possibly just not updated.

I just ordered something last night, fastway tracking number. Thankfully fastway locally are actually grand

duffman13 wrote: »
    I just ordered something last night, fastway tracking number. Thankfully fastway locally are actually grand

Thanks, I won't be using them so, Fastway around here are sh!tehawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

DaveyDave wrote: »

As someone working in IT Security related business for a long time.. that's a fun read. They blamed their contractor for leaving the data in the wind for 24 hours.. someone really fooked up.

DaveyDave wrote: »

Leaving customer's personal stuff in the public domain for long periods of time? They're consistent at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

Just said I'd post here and see if anyone has ordered from crc this week, it's been 37 hours since I placed order and its not been marked as dispatched yet, never took this long before, order says processing and at the time of placing order it said items were in stock.

Against my better judgement, I ordered from CRC on 24th, Order was dispatched on 25th and delivered on 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭G1032

mamax wrote: »
    Just said I'd post here and see if anyone has ordered from crc this week, it's been 37 hours since I placed order and its not been marked as dispatched yet, never took this long before, order says processing and at the time of placing order it said items were in stock.

I've ordered a few times off them lately. I wouldn't necessarily mind that. I had one ordered delivered when it was still marked as processing. Not had any issues lately to be fair. 4 days typically from order to delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I ordered last night, not in any rush but the estimated delivery days was 8 :eek:
    Jesus the next day delivery hay days are long gone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I ordered 25th, and it arrived today via fastway. Ordered stuff from Bike24 the same day, delivered yesterday via DHL. Germany will be my first port of call from now on.

Advertisement