Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRC deliveries

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Ive written to CRC and said I won't deal with them again until they at least give the option of An Post. I'd gladly pay. I want to support the Irish arm of the chain but haven't bought from them since before Christmas. Its been LBS, one or two smaller UK retailers and Rose since then.

The Irish market is obviously small fry to them if they aren't responding to even the possibility of giving the option.

Pity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

bsb1971 wrote: »
    Fastway are beyond bloody useless. I ordered a 105 rear hub from them, was expecting the usual covid related delays, then when I checked the tracking, it had it delivered to me by Fastway - couldn't have been, I was working from home. Contacted CRC, and to be fair, they refunded the cost, of course the hub was gone out of stock by then. They are shocking - can't understand why CRC still persist with them, everyone seems to be having issues. It would put you off dealing with CRC, as you can't trust in the delivery happening or not.

Sure they tried to say they delivered an Elite Suito trainer to me, then claimed they left it in a "secure location" and asked me to check my garden, neighbours garden and local petrol station. The prat that delivers to my area regularly marks parcels as delivered and you get them usually a few days later in a hedge. Always happens on Friday. After much complaining they agreed to "reprimand" and "retrain" him. He is still on the go doing the same shoite according to neighbour's. Have not ordered from anyone who uses these morons since and managed to get a refund from the retailer.

If I do order from CRC I send it to parcel motel. I know it works out more expensive but they have proven reliable during Covid. I also find Merlin Cycles very good if using Parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mh_cork

Got the following email from a CRC order that is already 6 days old. Looks like min 2 weeks wait time.
    Just as well it is not urgent, I have a few spare bikes!
    Hi,

Thanks for your recent order.

Unfortunately due to an unforeseen delay in the courier network, your order will now be delivered at the beginning to the middle of next week. Your original tracking number will update a few days before delivery.

This is due to a massive volume of parcels in the network and safety precautions due to the current Covid pandemic.

If you have paid any postage costs these will be refunded and should clear into your bank account in the next 5 working days.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Customer Service

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If that was spontaneous and not a response to a service request from you I'd read it as they know how bad Fastway are managing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

Im still waiting on my order from May29th. Sent an email to CRC week before last and heard nothing back, finally managed to get on the live chat to them and the usual reply of we,ll get back to you in 5 days after getting fastway to search their depot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

A semi related question. Who are wiggle using?

I used to be inclined to go crc / Merlin / wiggle now it's wiggle or Merlin and only crc if i really need something

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭neeb03

Weepsie wrote: »

I used to be inclined to go crc / Merlin / wiggle now it's wiggle or Merlin and only crc if i really need something

Fastway. Got delivery from Wiggle left on the path outside yesterday while the Fastway van was driving away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Had one thrown over the wall into the back garden from Fastway. They had no idea what was in the package but took the gamble anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

neris wrote: »
    Im still waiting on my order from May29th. Sent an email to CRC week before last and heard nothing back, finally managed to get on the live chat to them and the usual reply of we,ll get back to you in 5 days after getting fastway to search their depot

You should contact your credit card company or PayPal (whoever you used to pay) and request a charge back. It’s nonsense that you have been charged for something that you have not received.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Weepsie wrote: »

neeb03 wrote: »
    Fastway. Got delivery from Wiggle left on the path outside yesterday while the Fastway van was driving away.
    MojoMaker wrote: »
    Had one thrown over the wall into the back garden from Fastway. They had no idea what was in the package but took the gamble anyway.

I did three orders a couple of weeks ago, one with CRC, one with Wiggle, and one with Decathlon. The only one that came from Fastway was CRC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I did three orders a couple of weeks ago, one with CRC, one with Wiggle, and one with Decathlon. The only one that came from Fastway was CRC

Wiggle seem to be if they come from England or the North, the North are Fastway, England seem to be Royal Mail/An Post but I could be wrong, it has been awhile so it could be Fastway now.

I've just ordered stuff from wiggle, so hoping for the best. Should've got it delivered to work in hindsight

Ordered Thursday from Wiggle, dispatched Sunday, Fastway rang me and asked could I leave it with neighbour.

The wrong mount is in the order though, or rather 2 of the correct one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Top stuff from ****way again today. Order placed on CRC on 22 July, dispatch notice and tracker number on 24 July, waiting ... waiting ... waiting ... (because waiting is nothing new with ****way) ... Email (!) from CRC this evening. We've received your returns, sorry that the order didn't work out, we're working on refunding you over the coming days. How can a delivery company be so inept and be still in business. They must be massively undercutting everyone. Only for the fact that I had a CRC voucher to use I wouldn't darken their door with the business again.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dowee

I placed an order on Sunday 26th and it arrived Tuesday 28th. The tracking site was Fastway but there was an additional company involved (Hawkes Bay Couriers) and the delivery wasn't made by the usual Fastway van that I can seen in my estate most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Dowee wrote: »
    I placed an order on Sunday 26th and it arrived Tuesday 28th. The tracking site was Fastway but there was an additional company involved (Hawkes Bay Couriers) and the delivery wasn't made by the usual Fastway van that I can seen in my estate most days.

That is the fastway distrubtion centre. They aquired Hawkes BAy a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Misses order stuff online(not cycling) but fastways was the courier, I heard a knock on the door, went to the door, parcel was left on the door step and the courier van was already out of the estate, the stuff in the parcel was worth 500€ and the website claimed to use a different courier...far from happy she was

Go in and check on their site if you have a link for tracking the order, bet it has a squiggle where there driver signed for it himself after dumping your stuff on the door step. Last few things delivered to me had this.

Not good if stuff had gone missing and the company turned around and said but sure you signed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭hesker

Go in and check on their site if you have a link for tracking the order, bet it has a squiggle where there driver signed for it himself after dumping your stuff on the door step. Last few things delivered to me had this.

Not good if stuff had gone missing and the company turned around and said but sure you signed for it.

You’d think they would have a solution to this crap by now. Secure code not visible to drivers or something

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Raymzor

hesker wrote: »
    You’d think they would have a solution to this crap by now. Secure code not visible to drivers or something

Ordered Wednesday 29th, despatched Thursday 30th, Received early Tuesday 4th which i thought was ok after a bank holiday weekend. Package abandoned in the garden.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭markie379

Plastik wrote: »
    Top stuff from ****way again today. Order placed on CRC on 22 July, dispatch notice and tracker number on 24 July, waiting ... waiting ... waiting ... (because waiting is nothing new with ****way) ... Email (!) from CRC this evening. We've received your returns, sorry that the order didn't work out, we're working on refunding you over the coming days. How can a delivery company be so inept and be still in business. They must be massively undercutting everyone. Only for the fact that I had a CRC voucher to use I wouldn't darken their door with the business again.

Exactly the same experience as this . Seriously pissed off because i had got a jacket at a good discount for a cycling trip. I was refunded pretty quickly through Paypal but wont be arsed ordering from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Emailed them this morning to express my annoyance that Fastway had delivered my €400 order to an unknown visitor to an unknown neighbour renting on my street.

Just got the 'we're looking into it' reply. Surely by now they must know that Fastway are utter cowboys?

Not crc, but I ordered some coffee. Free delivery, great. Turns out it was fastway. I'd have collected it quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Cloudpicker? I've stopped buying there because of ****way. 3fe use DPD.

Cloudpicker indeed. And today was the day I ran out of beans too. I'm extra agitated.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

Ordered a gravel/commuter after having moved house. Placed the order the end of July. Sat in Hawkes bay for over a week. Got in touch with the courier (I assume everyone knows who I'm talking about here) and they informed me that they've sent my order back to CRC. No mention as to why. They admitted they've not attempted to make the delivery. They also never bothered to contact me to tell me they were returning the package back to CRC.

Got onto CRC and they've now told me that they have to investigate and will inform me of why the package was returned to them in 5 working days.

Ok, grand. Can I get a refund then. No.
    Can I cancel the order so that when it arrives back into your warehouse you don't then try and deliver it again to me and I can subsequently get a refund? No.
    Is there anyway of paying more to use an alternative courier? No.

I think I'm done with CRC as long as they stay with the current courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

After reading this thread, I'm worried. I placed an order Sunday night, the tracking number I got is saying "does not have any scans".

I'm guessing it's going to either go missing or turn up in a hedge somewhere.....

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dowee

ianobrien wrote: »
    After reading this thread, I'm worried. I placed an order Sunday night, the tracking number I got is saying "does not have any scans".

I'm guessing it's going to either go missing or turn up in a hedge somewhere.....

I'm in the same boat. Ordered Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

ianobrien wrote: »

There's another possibility. It'll be dropped on your doorstep, and then you'll get a notification, that your package is going to be delivered today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ordered a gravel/commuter after having moved house. Placed the order the end of July. Sat in Hawkes bay for over a week. Got in touch with the courier (I assume everyone knows who I'm talking about here) and they informed me that they've sent my order back to CRC. No mention as to why. They admitted they've not attempted to make the delivery. They also never bothered to contact me to tell me they were returning the package back to CRC.

Got onto CRC and they've now told me that they have to investigate and will inform me of why the package was returned to them in 5 working days.

Ok, grand. Can I get a refund then. No.
    Can I cancel the order so that when it arrives back into your warehouse you don't then try and deliver it again to me and I can subsequently get a refund? No.
    Is there anyway of paying more to use an alternative courier? No.

I think I'm done with CRC as long as they stay with the current courier.

If they're gonna be like that hit them with a chargeback.

Advertisement