Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRC deliveries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Eamonnator wrote: »
    There's another possibility. It'll be dropped on your doorstep, and then you'll get a notification, that your package is going to be delivered today.

Here's hoping you are right

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I got 2 wiggle (fastaway) orders the day before they were due to come, no notice and not appearing on the tracking, so who knows :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Have a few boxes of gloves ordered from CRC that I need by Friday, they were shipped Saturday so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

ianobrien wrote: »
    After reading this thread, I'm worried. I placed an order Sunday night, the tracking number I got is saying "does not have any scans".

I'm guessing it's going to either go missing or turn up in a hedge somewhere.....

We'll, it arrived today. Dropped at the door, rang the bell and fecked off. According to the Fastway website, it was delivered according to the current pandemic protocol. I'm glad someone was there to pick it up before it went walkies from outside the door.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Paddigol

I got a package delivered a while back. Left over the electric gates.

Only it wasn't for me. It was for some punter down the road (live in the countryside, so technically would be 'next door' neighbour).

I clocked that it was a CRC package from the labelling on the outside, but didn't recognise the name on the package (again... live in countryside... different concept of 'neighbours').

Thankfully there was an Eircode so I could do what the courier clearly couldn't - figure out where the package was meant to be delivered - and dropped it off the next day.

I've no doubt that if the neighbour had been checking up on the status of his delivery he'd have been interested to see that not only was it 'delivered', but had also been signed for.

Wonderful stuff altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

My coffee is hadn't arrived after a week. Chased up. No package in depots.

They're just so utterly crap at what they do.(some, but only some are decent).

At least company said they'd update my preference to an post. I can wait a bit longer if I know it's going to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

My latest CRC parcel has gone missing. Flyway says its delivered but its not - and neighbours haven't seen it.

First time ever in over a hundred orders to several different addresses.

Chances of ever getting it, what do you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I ordered a few bits from C.R.C. on Monday evening.
    It was left on my doorstep, sometime before 4.00pm today.
    There was a little packet of Haribo sweets in the package.
    So, everybody, please stop giving out about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I just wanted to give credit where credit is due. I ordered a torque wrench, overshoes and chain on Thursday at 17:00ish. Parcel arrived this morning via fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Anyone know why there's no express delivery option with CRC? I'm pretty sure there used to be one. I ordered an ANT+ USB as the one I got from Amazon was broken, I decided to buy name brand. I'd rather have it sooner than later as I'm trying to setup Zwift on the trainer.

Now that Amazon are in Dublin next day delivery is a thing. Amazon's own courier are doing weekend deliveries too. I ordered two things on Friday, a speed sensor arrived on Saturday and an ANT USB arrived on Sunday.

It's annoying not having the option of next day delivery...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

DaveyDave wrote: »
    It's annoying not having the option of next day delivery...
    iirc it's not necessarily coming from Belfast anymore, could be coming from Wiggle. So the next day thing was dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭CormacH94

Was chatting to one of the courier drivers a few weeks ago about delays etc. He said he goes to depot at 8am, looks in the van to see what has been loaded up and heads off.

Chap I was talking to had been with the company for 2 months, said daily total was about 100 -150 deliveries, has to be back at the depot before 8pm, last few weeks it's been 250 -300 deliveries loaded on to his van which isn't humanly possible to deliver even though the area he is covering isn't too big.

I had sent loads of emails to the support giving out yards about the messages I was getting saying the parcel was loaded and on it's way but yet I wasn't receiving it - seems the company are packing the vans to the roof and ticking it off as a ''yeah it's loaded and on the way so it looks good on the system'' and putting the drivers under a fair bit of pressure - Felt really sorry for the driver and hope he didn't get an earful over the emails I had sent. I'd say it's only gotten/is going to get busier for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

I've an order coming from decathlon that was dispatched on Thursday and still not arrived. It's not just crc having delays

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

I've an order coming from decathlon that was dispatched on Thursday and still not arrived. It's not just crc having delays

I ordered some weights from decathon and it took about a week to deliver.They used an post for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Surely people can understand that delivery for anything in the current climate within 5 days is good going?

The volume of parcels that all the courier companies are handling is astronomical. The fastest driver opened the side door of his van outside my house abs spent 10 minutes putting parcels back in because they all fell put.

My postman has been working almost 12 hours a day all
    This week

Surely people can understand that delivery for anything in the current climate within 5 days is good going?

The volume of parcels that all the courier companies are handling is astronomical. The fastest driver opened the side door of his van outside my house abs spent 10 minutes putting parcels back in because they all fell put.

This week

Now that Amazon are using their own courier for a lot of deliveries that will surely take a load off of AnPost.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Now that Amazon are using their own courier for a lot of deliveries that will surely take a load off of AnPost.

And Amazon's own couriers are just leaving things on the step, regardless of any other available options- inside green bin, under car, etc.
    I can see a lot of missing parcels in their future (certainly in Drimnagh)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

And yet Amazon can get something from Manchester to my door in 25hrs....

* Handed to me, no thrown on the stoop shenanigans.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

This week

My issue was never the delay. Packages not delivered but signed for by someone, laptops left under car wheels, packages returned because the driver gets paid the same per package and big packages take up to much space. Fastway were my issue, go back to An Post or offer the option and i will happily start giving my business back to them.

wheelo01 wrote: »
    And Amazon's own couriers are just leaving things on the step, regardless of any other available options- inside green bin, under car, etc.

Haven't had that issue personally. Could say the same with Fastway, they left a €250 electric toothbrush on my doorstep, right beside the footpath during the heatwave lockdown with everyone out walking past, there's a bloody side gate! They also lost my parcel from Wiggle last week. Not a single delivery from AnPost, DPD or Amazon has gone missing in the last 8 months since we bought our house and we've been ordering a ton of stuff. My only two deliveries from Fastway leave a lot to be desired, third time's the charm?

I'm honestly thinking of just shopping elsewhere just to avoid Fastway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

It really depends on the driver. At least rurally. We always had problems with Fastway, and avoided using them. I've had no issues since March with Fastway or DPD. Even if I'm not in, they know where to leave them.

I do prefer An Post though - I know they won't go missing (at least once they get to the postie!).

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

wheelo01 wrote: »

I'd someone from the road behind us call into our house only yesterday looking for a laptop that was said to have been delivered but had gone missing!

Stupidly agreed to order something from CRC for a friend, ordered over a fortnight ago, handed to fastway the next day, hasn't been scanned once since they received it. I realise everyone is busy at this time of year, but they haven't even acknowledged they have it so you can't even call around to them. Nothing critical but jaysus, they are still really sh1te.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Stupidly agreed to order something from CRC for a friend, ordered over a fortnight ago, handed to fastway the next day, hasn't been scanned once since they received it. I realise everyone is busy at this time of year, but they haven't even acknowledged they have it so you can't even call around to them. Nothing critical but jaysus, they are still really sh1te.

I'll be talking my business elsewhere from now on. If a business wants to cheap out and use the least reliable courier at the cost of customer satisfaction then they can get stuffed. I'll use other companies for random misc bits I might need. I do little cycling these days so fortunately it's just servicing bits at the local bike shop and I'll get tyres online since I'm not using Contis which rules out any local availability.

It's a shame if you need something in a hurry. Nothing stopping Wiggle/UK stuff having express with DPD or the like.

I'll be talking my business elsewhere from now on. If a business wants to cheap out and use the least reliable courier at the cost of customer satisfaction then they can get stuffed. I'll use other companies for random misc bits I might need. I do little cycling these days so fortunately it's just servicing bits at the local bike shop and I'll get tyres online since I'm not using Contis which rules out any local availability.

It's a shame if you need something in a hurry. Nothing stopping Wiggle/UK stuff having express with DPD or the like.

They used too as well, not sure why they got rid of it, I am sure someone done a cost/benefit analysis and this made sense on paper. Personally this is the first time in over a year I have used them, instead going with other EU retailers who give you an expected shipping date, use DPD or DHL and it is tracked consistently from door to door bar the first day for pickup. It costs a tenner from any of them and typically the price is the same or lower than CRC to the point that you make that back if you have a few items. Other than that, its been my LBS. Only ordered this for a friend and there was insistence on a brand/colour/size, never again though.

Ordered from Bike components the other day. On ordering one item was delayed and they said at the bottom, if you proceed, shipping date will be the 17th, shipped yesterday, in airport today, I expect it tomorrow or Friday, simples.

Also just found out that Merlin cycles are going through Fastway, and unless they stop and a Brexit agreement is reached, guess I will be leaving them as well.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I recently bought some Swisstop pads from CRC.
    Just got an email from CRC telling me that there was a data breach within the Fastway database...
    Dear Customer,

We are writing to inform you about a data breach at one of Chain Reaction Cycles’ suppliers, Fastway Couriers.

Limited customer contact details are shared with our couriers for delivery purposes and, as a result, some CRC customers are amongst those that have been impacted by this. This incident is not a breach of any CRC systems.

On 24th February 2021, during planned database updates by Fastway, some data was vulnerable for a short period of time. This was identified and contained by Fastway on 26th February 2021 but unfortunately, during the intervening period, elements of their database were accessed.

If you are receiving this email, your data has been identified as one of the affected accounts.

No financial information is stored within Fastway, and we can therefore confirm that no personal financial or payment card data is at risk. Additionally, no passwords were exposed as a result of the attack.

The data exposed was:
    Name (first, surname)
    Delivery Address
    Email Address
    Phone number

At CRC we take data protection very seriously.

We have reported the incident to the relevant authorities, as have Fastway Couriers. We will continue to work with Fastway to review data protection measures and processes going forward.

You do not need to take any additional action. However, while no passwords were exposed, our recommendation to customers is always to remain vigilant for any unusual or unexpected activity on your email and to maintain strong passwords or phrases which are unique to each account.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologise to our customers, and offer our assurances that CRC continues to strive to improve our data protection practices and those of our partners and vendors.

If you would like to discuss this further, or if you have any additional concerns, please reply to this email. You can also read more about our privacy policy here.

Graham Joslin
    CRC Data Protection Officer

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Drake66

I just got the same email as well. I'm not very impressed to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭oisinog

Drake66 wrote: »
    I just got the same email as well. I'm not very impressed to say the least

You really can't blame CRC for it, Fastway deliver for a hell of a lot of companies so you get other similar emails

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

oisinog wrote: »
    You really can't blame CRC for it, Fastway deliver for a hell of a lot of companies so you get other similar emails

I got the same email and I do blame CRC for it. I am CRC's customer. I deal with them, if I have a problem with a CRC order, I take it up with them, nobody else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Got the same email but from Wiggle. I haven’t got anything from CRC. My most recent order was from Wiggle so I wonder if it’s a subset of users - ie where you have recently ordered from them.

Advertisement