Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRC deliveries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

How is delivery these days?
    Wanna order a Campagnolo UT bearing puller.... the park one is all I could find is the park tool one and the only stock I can find in stock is in CRC or Bike 24.

If I could find a tool in an Irish shop I would prefer to spend the money there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Fastway delivered mine last week, 3 days from ordering to delivery so cant really complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Extremely hit and miss with Fastway. I placed an order on 7 April which still hasn't arrived. Some other bits arrive fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Ordered a cassette on the 8th. Got a "fully dispatched" email on the 13th, Fastway's tracking number didn't show any sign of life until late yesterday afternoon and - today - it looks like it's out for delivery.

Doesn't sound great, but taking Easter into account, it might add up to a 4-day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

route66 wrote: »

... looks like it's out for delivery.

Or more correctly, it was scheduled for delivery. Received 1 hour ago.

Allowing for the fact that it was ordered late on Wednesday 8th, and Easter, this took 6 working days and not the 4 promised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭bsb1971

Has anyone had problems with deliveries from CRC recently? I thought I had snagged a bargain 105 5800 hub - purchased it on the 8th of May, 13 days later no sign of it at all. Been onto CRC, still awaiting a response though bar the "we have got your email, but due to how busy we are, it will be awhile before we get back to you"!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Threads Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Try contact CRC on the live chat - Its bee my quickest way to success

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

bsb1971 wrote: »
    Has anyone had problems with deliveries from CRC recently?

ordered a chain on sunday shipped on monday no sign of it on friday , yeh i think ill be giving them a miss for anything time critical anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Two weeks ago. Made two orders when on Saturday arrived Thursday one on Sunday arrived Friday no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭neeb03

Ordered pedals from CRC on Thurs and they came with Fastway and delivered to me in Meath the following Monday.

Ordered a bike from CRC the week before the pedals and eventually got shipped notification on the 16th, saying "Your parcel has been picked up by the courier and is on it's way to its destination."

So collected on Tues 16th by Fastway in Belfast depot "Northern Ireland East" and going to Meath.

Two days later the 18th arrives in depot "North East" and they say "We are unable to deliver the consignment as it exceeds our size and/or weight limits" and further "The parcel has been returned to sender" !!!!!!!!

Contacted them through their "Support" (contradiction in terms) and they won't deliver. I ask their limits and he says 30KG and 2.1m.

The bike is 14kg and the box is less than 2m won't reply. Says the driver in my area won't deliver oversized parcels, its going back.

Ask they're name to make a complaint and all I get is static . This is the deliver courier for a bike shop who expect to deliver bikes????????

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

I ordered tyres on 29th of May and they were sent out June 2nd and ar marked received in fastways Dublin warehouse on the 3rd. Still no sign of them. 2 orders placed after that order have been delivered and were delivered within 48 hours. First problem Ive had in all the years Ive used CRC. Filled in the form on their website and got back some generic auto response. In the past anything I ordered came delivered no hassle by an post, either by the postman or their courier service. Think I see the problem.

I had been waiting months for the bike to come into stock and couldn't believe when I got one and added it to the basket. Paid right away and my little heart was all a flutter waiting for it to be shipped. Then I got the magic email "Your order has been shipped" only for an absolute @!*$*£@** to get it into his depot, one hour away from me and go - I'm not delivering that, send it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I’ve given up on CRC now. For a while they were my go-to internet shop. I found that Rose were a lot cheaper lately. I got an Ultegra cassette and chain from Rose for the price CRC wanted just for the cassette!
    Shipping is up in the air at the moment with everyone but CRC seem to have picked a really bad courier service to add to the woes.
    I won’t be using them until there are signs of improvement for delivery and price

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Same here, I supported them on the pretence of being local but I'm not sure that flies anymore. Anything not urgent is turned to my LBS, who, if you turn up with a list and product codes and are not in a rush, are reasonably decent. Failing that it's CSC or Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Macer123

Sorry to jump on this thread, but I've seen a few people mention Rose. What is your experience experience buying from them, I'm looking at a set of wheels, their price is the best I can find, but their reviews on Trustpilot are poor !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I own a Rose bike and have bought several other things from them as well. Their customer service is excellent. You can ask any questions by email before you buy and they respond quickly. I had to replace a seat post after the clamp snapped. I didn't realise it was still under warranty at the time and they just sent me a replacement after I sent them pictures of the damaged piece.
    They do charge 9.95 (I think) for postage, but if you add a few things into your order you more than save this every time.
    I also got a free cereal bowl with my first purchase, which was a bit random but now I have to fight my daughter for it each morning we have porridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

I also got a free cereal bowl with my first purchase, which was a bit random but now I have to fight my daughter for it each morning we have porridge!

Beats the tiny bag of Haribo jellies I got from CRC in one of my orders last week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I don't use CRC or Wiggle or CSS now cos they all use fastaway. I use Mantel, Rose, 4TheBike or Bike Discount. None use fastaway, and are just as cheap. 4TheBike are extremely reliable, I've gotten deliveries within the week during lockdown from them.
    I do miss the haribo though!

I have found their customer service excellent. I had issues with tyres, they just sent out replacements. I have a bike of them which was well put together and properly indexed etc. Anytime I have put an email to them I have gotten a response within 48 hours, typically less than 12. They are slower at delivering at the minute due to supply chain issues but that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

They still use Fartway however.

MojoMaker wrote: »

Rose have used DHL who transfer over to An Post, unless we are back onto CRC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

MojoMaker wrote: »

Careful now, they're quite litigious :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Planet X don't even use Fastway (and their deliveries have been actually great lately)

An update on the Fastway idiocy, since I ordered my bike from CRC (See previous post on this thread) Because none of them wanted to deliver the oversized parcel (Bike) to me in Meath from Ardee, they said they were returning it to the retailer and so sent it to their hub - Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub) in Dublin, in the process, going past where I LIVE, to go back then to Belfast eventually after 14 days!

They are truly useless lazy fcuking idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

It must be luck of the draw really, my local Fastway driver can't be faulted (Dublin 20). Once it hits the depot then I always get delivery the next day.

What did CRC say about the non-delivery of the bike, I would imagine they would want to sort it as that kind of delivery service would be shocking for a company selling bikes.

brianomc wrote: »
    It must be luck of the draw really, my local Fastway driver can't be faulted (Dublin 20). Once it hits the depot then I always get delivery the next day.

What did CRC say about the non-delivery of the bike, I would imagine they would want to sort it as that kind of delivery service would be shocking for a company selling bikes.

They just said they would investigate it and make a complaint. They are waiting 5 days to hear back from Fastway

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭bsb1971

Fastway are beyond bloody useless. I ordered a 105 rear hub from them, was expecting the usual covid related delays, then when I checked the tracking, it had it delivered to me by Fastway - couldn't have been, I was working from home. Contacted CRC, and to be fair, they refunded the cost, of course the hub was gone out of stock by then. They are shocking - can't understand why CRC still persist with them, everyone seems to be having issues. It would put you off dealing with CRC, as you can't trust in the delivery happening or not.

• Advertisement

All in the name of "free delivery" basically.

Advertisement