Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 adyraliul

from what I read earlier on this forum, could it be software problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 adyraliul

thank you very much , it was the code I confused 7 with a 1 system disarmed ................ happy days

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No problem. Glad you got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Anyone know where I might get an engineer code for a HKC alarm.
    Looks to be sourced from a local vendor, it was here when I moved in, and I'd rather not be tied to that same vendor.

Do I have any options other than replacement?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can try default & reprogramme it yourself. Otherwise any good installer would be able to unlock it and look after the system for you.An engineer code does not mean you are tied to any company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

KoolKid wrote: »
    You can try default & reprogramme it yourself. Otherwise any good installer would be able to unlock it and look after the system for you.An engineer code does not mean you are tied to any company.

Thanks, I'd always thought that the original installer would need to give the code to anyone new, which they were unwilling to do, as I suppose it maintains their revenue stream. You're saying any installer should be able to do that with relative ease, is that correct?

You're saying any installer should be able to do that with relative ease, is that correct?

Yes, except for the ones who will try to sell you a new panel, keep away from them.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

Yes, except for the ones who will try to sell you a new panel, keep away from them.:rolleyes:

Sorry lads to jump in just wondering has anyone wiring instructions for a Hkc magnetic contact? There is no board in these just a heap of screws
    Any help would be brilliant Tanx

Is it a contact or a sensor ? Post up a pic and we'll look after you.

Is it a contact or a sensor ? Post up a pic and we'll look after you.

Hi koolkid
    It's a Hkc contact here is a pic

• Advertisement

The tamper pair goes to the 2 center screws that join up with the screw hole.
    The alarm pair goes to the 2 right hand terminals at each end of the glass reed.

Sorry lads to jump in just wondering has anyone wiring instructions for a Hkc magnetic contact? There is no board in these just a heap of screws
    Any help would be brilliant Tanx

Tanx koolkid

• Registered Users Posts: 2 phil51

Hi guys, can anyone tell me is it possible to default a hkc alarm panel (6/10,8/12,1070) which is engineer locked without sending it back to hkc?

Unsuitable posts removed.From an end user point of view it is not possible to bypass an engineer lock on this panel. The panel needs to be flashed. It is recommended this be carried out by the manufacturer. Any other methods are unreliable & I will not permit them be posted here for 2 reasons.
    1) You could brick your panel & render it useless.
    2) Any of this information could be used to reset & disarm a panel. Not information I want to see on a public forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement