Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have been looking at the HKC Quantum 70, would this do what I want the sw1070 to do. I have 10 wired pirs so if I used Id modules for these. Also the Quantum 70 has a modem built in. Would this be a better option guys?

Hi Sean,
    Are the PIRs made by HKC?
    The reason I ask is you can have 10 point ID PIRs on the wired zone on the Quantum. If not you can add point id modules in live with the detector to make it work the same way. If they are you can wire them on the point id bus.
    The Quantum comes in a pack form. Works out a lot cheaper than the 10/70 but the drawback is there are no outputs that can be controlled on the Quantum.
    The only option you would have in this case would be to add the GSM-P to control the outputs on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

altor wrote: »
    Hi Sean,
    Are the PIRs made by HKC?
    The reason I ask is you can have 10 point ID PIRs on the wired zone on the Quantum. If not you can add point id modules in live with the detector to make it work the same way. If they are you can wire them on the point id bus.
    The Quantum comes in a pack form. Works out a lot cheaper than the 10/70 but the drawback is there are no outputs that can be controlled on the Quantum.
    The only option you would have in this case would be to add the GSM-P to control the outputs on this.
    Thanks again koolkid
    As for the old system I take out Hkc 8/12 which is connected to a gsm unit via rs485 connectors, can the gsm unit be used to control outputs independent of the panal? Basically when I disconnect the panal from the gsm unit if I txt the gsm unit will that operate the o/p's

Thanks again koolkid
    As for the old system I take out Hkc 8/12 which is connected to a gsm unit via rs485 connectors, can the gsm unit be used to control outputs independent of the panal? Basically when I disconnect the panal from the gsm unit if I txt the gsm unit will that operate the o/p's
    When installing RF-CS insertia contacts by Hkc do then have to be installed vertical for the sensor arrow to point vertical . If I put them horizontal the arrow cannot point upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The sensor block can be rotated any orientation. It pulls out and make sure you get a screw through one of the holes holes in the block once it's in position.

The sensor block can be rotated any orientation. It pulls out and make sure you get a screw through one of the holes holes in the block once it's in position.

Tanx Fred

Ya I see how it rotates but if I want to put it on top of the door horizontally and I rotate the sensor the arrow will point towards me out point out through the door

• Advertisement

The barrel can be turned too.

The barrel can be turned too.

I know but if I turn d sensor horizontal d inertia sensor is vertical do hence d arrow can pivot and points towards me and towards d window. Would it be best to put the sensor vertical at d top of d door. Tanx again Fred for your reply

It doesn't matter what way the main unit is mounted. The section where the barrel is mounted pulls out and can be pushed back in in any orientation. Then the barrel can be turned point upwards.

It doesn't matter what way the main unit is mounted. The section where the barrel is mounted pulls out and can be pushed back in in any orientation. Then the barrel can be turned point upwards.

Tanx Fred
    I'm a bit thick really. Another question does the old wired Saab boxes work with the sw1070 panal ie hardwired

Tanx Fred
    I'm a bit thick really. Another question does the old wired Saab boxes work with the sw1070 panal ie hardwired

Yes it does but you will see on the 10/70 there is another output for the strobe rather than the internal and strobe going into the internal on the Securewatch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 fergalrock

Hi an orange light comes up on my keypad stating external bell fuse preventing me activating alarm. how do I fix this?

fergalrock wrote: »
    Hi an orange light comes up on my keypad stating external bell fuse preventing me activating alarm. how do I fix this?

In the control panel there are fuses relating to the external bell. F4 is the fuse you need to replace on the 8/12 but will will see the reference to each one on the board. There is mains power going to the control panel so down power first. The battery will keep the system working so when you open the control panel simply enter your user code on the keypad to silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Meistereile

Hi,
    Does anybody know where I can download the engineers manual for a HKC SW812?
    I want to modify the gross or pulse settings as the dog barking is setting off the alarm.
    Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    I PMed you that manual.
    You will need the engineer code to make those changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Meistereile

Thanks a million. I will try the default engineer code and hope that it hasn't been changed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No problem. If you have no luck with that PM me the installation company and I'll see if I can help you find the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

KoolKid wrote: »
    Hi
    I PMed you that manual.
    You will need the engineer code to make those changes.

Hi Koolkid I'm also looking for the engineers manual for the HKC SW812.
    Would it be possible to get a copy from you?
    I have the engineers code.

Thanks!

I PMed you that.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rofno1

Hi all,

Been searching online on how to disable the power failure beep on the control panel. Does anyone have a manual?

Thanks!

I PMed you that manual. You will need the engineer code to make those changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 adyraliul

Hi all. i have a problem with my alarm system .In the past year I never set the alarm ,but a couple of months back I noticed that i had a tamper problem upstairs, and I didn't mind that then until today when I noticed the"alarm" red led continuously on ,on the keypad , and the outside siren light flashing, entered the user code, did not accept it ,like is waiting for a 6 digit code,anything i try ,it says access denied .
    I tried to reset the hole system , by disconnecting mains, battery, jumper, but nothing's changed tried 01111; 04567; and my user code , all the same
    And the led on the mainboard flashing.
    Thank you. Adrian.

And do you not know the existing user code?
    Sounds like it is engineer locked. You will need an engineer to reset this panel for you.

yes I do know the existing user code , because i've been use it in the past

do you have any ideea of how much it would cost , for someone to come over and reset it

adyraliul wrote: »
    yes I do know the existing user code , because i've been use it in the past

I would say you have it wrong. The only way the code can change is if it reverts to the default codes.The code can not simply disappear or change to another random code.
    do you have any ideea of how much it would cost , for someone to come over and reset it

Call outs vary a lot anywhere from €50 -€150.Shop around.

and now after all this I have the mains led on to on the keypad

and now after all this I have the mains led on to on the keypad

That should always be on.

you know the way you set the full set by pressing 0#4 and the user code , well i press 0 , and # , and that is it ,says access denied . it has nothing to do with the code

or any of the quick codes ,for that matter

• Advertisement

But the red led is on so its in an alarm state. You need to be entering ) & your code to disarm it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement