Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pfar

hi guys iv been having the same kind of problem my alarm panel says RV BATTERY FAULT and every time i set or turn off the alarm it keeps telling me low battery call engineer...so i opened the panel in the attic to check battery and saw it was rechargeable so bought a charger for 45 euro..Id say i took 10mins to charge problem was the battery wasn't dead..so replaced the battery turned power back on and had to rest the time and date at the front door panel but still its telling me RV BATTERY FAULT..but since iv done this my alarm is now going off randomly when set and when i unset it its telling me its the sitting room window every time now i cant set the alarm because i dont know when its going to go off iv got 3 numbers it texts when it goes off and is costing me a small fortune...iv tried codes 1111 / 4567 and i get more texts telling me code tamper seems the company that fitted it have it locked or something...surly if you fork out 800 euro for an alarm it belongs to you to do what you want with and not have to pay every time something small needs fixed...any help here would be great tnx

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there wireless devices on this panel?
    Also the panel charges the battery itself, you do not need to connect it to an external charger to charge it.
    What voltage are you getting on the battery & what charge voltage are you getting from the panel on the battery leads.?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is there wireless devices on this panel?
    Also the panel charges the battery itself, you do not need to connect it to an external charger to charge it.
    What voltage are you getting on the battery & what charge voltage are you getting from the panel on the battery leads.?

hi koolkid yes my shed had 2 wireless 1 beam and door sensor my alarm was fitted 2 years ago...volts im getting from battery was 13 odd volts so its fine reason i didnt mention the shed beams and sensor was because the panel was saying front window of the house...could i check beam and sensor batteries in shed with a tester ??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could. 2 years is a bit soon. But I've seen batteries go earlier.

You could. 2 years is a bit soon. But I've seen batteries go earlier.

hi m8 iv just got home and tested both batteries on one im getting 3.05 volts and the other 2.66 do you think the 2.66 is giving me the RV LOW BATTERY and could this be setting my alarm off even though the front door panel says sitting room window when it does go off...and could i pick these batteries up easy enough iv never seen them b4...tnx

• Advertisement

The 2.66 is the problem.
    What device is that?

The 2.66 is the problem.
    What device is that?

not too sure but it was either the door sensor or the beam in the shed they are the only wireless devices on the alarm...thanks for all your help koolkid ill get the battery changed and let you know how i get on..tnx again:):):)

If that's all you have that's wireless I'd just change them both and be done with it.

If that's all you have that's wireless I'd just change them both and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭altor

pfar wrote: »
    hi m8 iv just got home and tested both batteries on one im getting 3.05 volts and the other 2.66 do you think the 2.66 is giving me the RV LOW BATTERY and could this be setting my alarm off even though the front door panel says sitting room window when it does go off...and could i pick these batteries up easy enough iv never seen them b4...tnx

If the alarm is activating and indicating the living room window than you may have a problem with the device installed there. The low battery warning (RF low battery) is indicating a low battery on a wire free device. This battery also needs to be replaced but is not causing the false alarm.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    If the alarm is activating and indicating the living room window than you may have a problem with the device installed there. The low battery warning (RF low battery) is indicating a low battery on a wire free device. This battery also needs to be replaced but is not causing the false alarm.

Hi altor...thanks to koolkid i fixed my battery problem everything seemed fine until yesterday morn at work i get a text saying alarm is going and saying zone 3 sitting room window..now i think its either the 2 (wired) sensors on my window or could it be my phone line that is causing the problem because iv noticed all week my broadband has beed acting up and cutting off randomly as well.. and if so would you know how to disconnect the phone line from the alarm iv asked a friend and he said his folks house was the same until they disconnected their phone line..i really need to have the alarm set at all times i have a studio out back and hate leaving it off..tnx

pfar wrote: »
    Hi altor...thanks to koolkid i fixed my battery problem everything seemed fine until yesterday morn at work i get a text saying alarm is going and saying zone 3 sitting room window..now i think its either the 2 (wired) sensors on my window or could it be my phone line that is causing the problem because iv noticed all week my broadband has beed acting up and cutting off randomly as well.. and if so would you know how to disconnect the phone line from the alarm iv asked a friend and he said his folks house was the same until they disconnected their phone line..i really need to have the alarm set at all times i have a studio out back and hate leaving it off..tnx

Only problem with disconnecting the phone line is that will give you a fault also. If you did you would need to delete the phone numbers in the system itself, you will need engineer access to do so. You say the broadband has gone down. From that alone I have to ask if you have an alarm broadband filter fitted. This will stop that happening if it is the alarm seizing the line.

As for the cause of the alarm activation it is more than likely a faulty device on that zone. You will need a multimeter to test this.
    Remove any resistor from the last device on the zone and connect the wires to the last device. Some dont have resistors fitted and sometimes the resistor is in the control panel so just remove this and connect the cable ends from that zone to the multimeter.
    Set the meter to 200 Ohms and take a note of the reading.
    Each device you have on that zone you will need to tap 10-20 times plus open and close each contact one by one. If you do connect the meter in series with the last device then make sure you disconnect the zone in the control panel plus any resistors on the loop and join the cable together there.
    After each one, check if the reading has changed. 
    If it does not return to in or around the same value remove that device, join the cables from the alarm circuit together and move on to the next device.
    After this you should have a circuit with a lower resistance value that remains the same after you tap or open any device.
    Replace any faulty devices plus replace the EOL resistor if fitted and rewire the zone back into the panel.

Any problems, let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Areaboi

Hi. After a few recent breakins in the area we want to set the alarm at night time. We only have 5 PIR sensors connected. How can i set the alarm excluding POR sensor in the hallway so that the alarm can be set and unset with out trigering it?
    Thanks very much in advance.
    Andrei.

Is it a HKC System.
    If so try 0#7 or 0#8. One of these presets may have been already configured for this.
    If not you will need engineer access to assign which zones you are want excluded in part set.

Thanks very much. 0#7 works. Hallway and upstairs PIR are not active. Every other PIR trigers internal buzzer and 30 seconds later the main sirene.
    Thanjs again.

Your welcome. Glad you got it going.
    Any problems you know where we are.

Areaboi wrote: »
    Thanks very much. 0#7 works. Hallway and upstairs PIR are not active. Every other PIR trigers internal buzzer and 30 seconds later the main sirene.
    Thanjs again.

That is not the way they should be set up. From what you are saying when you walk in front of the PIR while the system is armed it goes into entry/exit. The PIR type should be set to alarm for an instant activation if they are not on a route to the panel for disarming of the system.

That is not the way they should be set up. From what you are saying when you walk in front of the PIR while the system is armed it goes into entry/exit. The PIR type should be set to alarm for an instant activation if they are not on a route to the panel for disarming of the system.
    I'll test it more tomorrow but when you PIR sense movement akarm LED is flashing on the panel but alarm does not go off. So i assumed thats the way it should be. The joys of getting a second hand house i suppose. No one ever explained the alarm set up. Thanks for the reply.

Areaboi wrote: »
    I'll test it more tomorrow but when you PIR sense movement akarm LED is flashing on the panel but alarm does not go off. So i assumed thats the way it should be. The joys of getting a second hand house i suppose. No one ever explained the alarm set up. Thanks for the reply.

The joys of it all :D
    There are two partsets On the HKC, 0#7 and 0#8.
    0#7 could be set up with your front and back door on with all PIRs off.
    0#8 could be set up with your front and back door on with any PIRs not on the route to bed on too.

You will need to test to confirm either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

The smoke alarm has not cleared on the alarm. I would suggest getting a qualified engineer to have a look at it as there may be an issue with the smoke detector.

Hi Altor
    I currently have a Hkc 812 installed but I only have wired pir in all the rooms. I thinking of upgrading to A hybrid system as I can keep all the wired sensors and add wireless contacts for the doors and windows. I'm looking at the Hkc sw1070 but also at the Siemens spc series. Would you be able to help me out in choosing the best solution. Thanking you in advance for your advice

• Advertisement

Both good systems.
    Take a look at the panel comparison sticky for more info between the two.
    IMO the Siemens is the better with more features and options for now and down the road..

Thanks Koolkid for reply

Any ideas who stock the Siemens unit and roughly how much does it cost?

Thanks Koolkid for reply

Any ideas who stock the Siemens unit and roughly how much does it cost?

Where are you located?
    Take a look at the suppliers sticky.
    Some of the suppliers that stock Siemens
    Northwood Technology
    REW
    RWL
    Borsatec

Like for like there is very little between then.
    On wireless, I find Siemens cheaper than HKC.

Where are you located?
    Take a look at the suppliers sticky.
    Some of the suppliers that stock Siemens
    Northwood Technology
    REW
    RWL
    Borsatec

Like for like there is very little between then.
    On wireless, I find Siemens cheaper than HKC.

Thanks again Koolkid
    I'm based in Wateford I emailed Borsatec last night so waiting for their reply. Do you have a installation manual for the spc 4320? Also I know I can keep my wired pir and I have to change the keypads but do I need to change the Saab box outside? Also what sensors could you recommend for the windows and doors?
    Thanks again

Thanks again Koolkid
    I'm based in Wateford I emailed Borsatec last night so waiting for their reply. Do you have a installation manual for the spc 4320? Also I know I can keep my wired pir and I have to change the keypads but do I need to change the Saab box outside? Also what sensors could you recommend for the windows and doors?
    Thanks again

Many places will not reply to emails from end users. Try a phone call or just call in. Northwood would be good on price.
    Any global sab will work with Siemens so you will be fine there. For sensors I use Aritech GS711 or
    I'll PM you the Siemens manual.

thanks koolkid

ya spoke to someone in Northwood and very helpful.

regarding the wireless contacts would I need one on every window opening? i know i can put one on every door which is only 5 doors but there is 24 windows which would cost a forture. what would be adequate?
    also what is the typical range for the rf contacts?

thanks again for your help.

You can wire from a wireless contact into wired ones. So If you have 4 openings on a frame you would use 1 wireless contact and 3 wired. That reduces the costs significantly.
    The range is fine for most houses if the panel is fairly central.

Thanks koolkid

I was speaking to Stephen today in HKC and it
    His is what he told me

'HKC are currently work on bot an Android and I phone App. This will be released to the market around Christmas. The Siemens panel do have an app but it is only a one way app. If someone broke into the house you would not get any notification. HKC app will have 2 way communication and will notify the customer when the panel has activated.
    You can also trip outputs to turn on Light, Heat, Gate etc. through the app.'

What you think it looks promising

Time wise I wouldn't hold your breath. We have been promised this a long time now. Christmas is really next year at the earliest when you think about it.
    Their app may well be 2 way , as they call it. It uses push notifications.
    However I am led to believe this will be chargeable via ongoing subscriptions.. I also believe this is some form of cloud connection where you will have to connect via their servers.
    This is tying you into a permanent charge with no option to switch providers.
    Not good for any service.
    The Siemens app & browser access is a direct connection to your panel with no service charges what so ever.
    For notification you have a choice of monitoring via central station , GSM, voice dialler etc. Again here, the choice is yours and you are free to switch providers if there is a cheaper or better option. With more & more bundles including unlimited calls this is more than likely free under your currant provider.
    You could also set up free monitoring for Siemens using a third party device with an SMTP server.
    Siemens panels also have the ability to switch numerous physical & virtual outputs via App or browser as well as via cause & effect of alarm inputs & outputs.

• Advertisement

I have been looking at the HKC Quantum 70, would this do what I want the sw1070 to do. I have 10 wired pirs so if I used Id modules for these. Also the Quantum 70 has a modem built in. Would this be a better option guys?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement