Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

alpha2010 wrote: »
    how many points are in half a large tray of chicken chow mein dry and half portion of chips and curry sauce
    rubadub wrote: »
    I got a singapore chow mein last week, weighed 800g.
    Using this calculator http://points.ogo.ms/
    I hit 5.5 points at 370kcal presuming zero fat (and it was fairly greasy)
    That means if this was true then it was 46.25kcal per 100g. I would estimate it at 250kcal per 100g though, this is comparing it to supermaret ready meals and the fact that the noodles are much denser, i.e. not boiled to death where they take up lots of water. A single pack of 80-100g dry supernoodles can be 550-600kcal. I would also conservatively estimate 5% fat since it was fried noodles & meat and quite oily, so 40g of fat, and 20g goes in my calculator. So using the same calculator I would estimate 33.5points.
    So I would say 17 for the half portion of chow mein. Sinapore chow mein is just different meats and very similar to the dry chow mein -in my local takeaway anyways.
    chicken balls, curry sauce, chips

Chips- 520g (no joke! my scales is fine)
    Chicken balls- 350g
    Sauce- 200g.

I reckon the chips are ~250kcal per 100g, chicken ~300kcal/100g, sauce 150kcal/100g.
    That chinese had thick wedge type chips, in my current local one they usually weigh ~350-400g for a portion of chips.
    Just back from the Chinese now, chips weighing in at 395g, so 853kcal, 4.3g sat fat, so 13.5 points. Again that is conservative using the McCains figures which are probably lower than usual to appear lower in cals.
    So ~7 points for the half portion of chips.
    3.5 for a full sauce. So about 27 points for all 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Is that really right?
    Noooooooo - thought it would be about one. Devastated!!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sarahtogher

emailed cuisine de france. one of those jambons from the deli is 8 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

starflake wrote: »
    hey guys,

I'm saving up my points for a pizza at the weekend... for a 7" pizza with cheese and mushroom and sweet corn... how many points would ye reckon? I'm half tempted to buy a goodfellas meateor pizza nut they're like 24 points for the whole thing... maybe a 7" pizza would be better... thanks in advance!

Just so you know, the Dr Oetker Chicken pizza is 13.5 points for the whole pizza, so half a pizza & a pile of salad wouldn't murder your points at all (a regular treat in our house!)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

Hi All,

New to the thread. Its brilliant, thanks for starting it!

Just wondering - how do you work out how many points is in something if you only have the nutritional values per 100g.

EG: Nutritional value per 100g is 155Kcal with 0.2 sat fat which I work out to be 2.5 points. The portion I want to eat is 158 g so how many points is that? Is there a quick way of working this out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 therambling

Minxie123 wrote: »
    Just wondering - how do you work out how many points is in something if you only have the nutritional values per 100g.

EG: Nutritional value per 100g is 155Kcal with 0.2 sat fat which I work out to be 2.5 points. The portion I want to eat is 158 g so how many points is that? Is there a quick way of working this out?

just divide by one hundred and multiply by the amount your gonna eat!! so whats your having would be 245 kcals and 0.3 sat fat and thats 3.5 points :) x

just divide by one hundred and multiply by the amount your gonna eat!! so whats your having would be 245 kcals and 0.3 sat fat and thats 3.5 points :) x

Thanks! :)

Me again :)

What is the lowest fat hard cheddar out there does anyone know?

(I'm working out the points value in a whole lasagne, its not looking good :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 freeatlast

Thanks for all the info Rubadub, esp on the alcohol and your take on it. I drink far more than I should which means I have to be VERY careful with food points. Of course, its very unhealthy to drink so many, esp since I'm female and result is I'm 4 stone over weight now (alcohol leads to bad food choices!).

So I'm back at WW this week and realise I probably will be for life unless I suddenly decide to give up booze (tho I did this a few times and didn't get the dramatic weight loss I expected!) or take up training religiously.

Anyhow, thanks for the realism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi Guys,

I went to the cinema at the weekend and had about 150g of pick and mix, (mostly jelly type ones with a couple of choccie ones)

Anyone know what would be a good points estimate for this...?

I've put it at 5 at the moment but I fear it might be much worse!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭claireycork

hi guys, i want to know how many points in a subway wheet footlong? i normally get just loads of salad and meat with a little cheese as a treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

All the nutritional information for Subway is on their website and you can calculate the points then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

We have a canteen in work and I am finding it next to impossible to guess the WW points in certain foods.

Can anyone tell me please how many points would be in a ham and mushroom vol-au-vent ? How many points in a home made burger. It's a quarter pounder size with salad and burger but with no cheese.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭claireycork

ergonomics wrote: »
    All the nutritional information for Subway is on their website and you can calculate the points then.
    Thanks just spotted that :)! a BLT sub , 6'' from subway is only 5 points, thats pretty good :)

Hey,

Forget the 99s ladies & gents opt for a Solero (1.5 pts) or loop da loop,tangle twister there are lods of nice ice-pops and ice creams for 1.5pts from the shops and there the pts of a WW bar!! :P

2 soleros this week and it feels great saying oh yes i will have one of them when being offered!!

Just to let you know, the normal size Soleros from a newsagents are 2 points. I think the mini ones are 1.5. Still, 2 points is great for such a yummy treat!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 freeatlast

Ok, so I'm being bold but I'm at work, it's a sunny Friday and the gods have just dropped an apple slice on my desk. Real one from a bakery. 12 cms long, I measured with my trusty ruler.

So I need to know - what's the bad news on that then? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭suziemcc

in the weight watchers eating out book for 140g box of fruit gums in cinema is 6.1/2 points and to add afew chocolate ones in i would give it around 8 points all in... so i wouldnt say u were too far off the real value of points in wat u had... :)

aoife161 wrote: »
    Thanks all. So when I was told Bulmers light is just 1 point at my local that was a load of crap?? Whats that all about.

Yeah defo think its better to calculate the total bottles drank rather than per bottle and I cannot understand how BUlmers light can be 1 point and another beer with 4 extra calories is 1.5 pts.

you can have 3 bottles of bulmers lite for 4 points.

Thumpette wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I went to the cinema at the weekend and had about 150g of pick and mix, (mostly jelly type ones with a couple of choccie ones)

Anyone know what would be a good points estimate for this...?

I've put it at 5 at the moment but I fear it might be much worse!

Thanks

in the weight watchers eating out book for 140g box of fruit gums in cinema is 6.1/2 points and to add afew chocolate ones in i would give it around 8 points all in... so i wouldnt say u were too far off the real value of points in wat u had... smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Any1 know the lowest points value for wraps? Want to make fajitas for dinner!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Wraps have 2.5/3 points depending on the brand. I usually allow 3 pts per wrap just to be on the safe side!

foundry wrote: »
    Any1 know the lowest points value for wraps? Want to make fajitas for dinner!

Tesco have lovely large healthy living wraps with seeds in them that go lovely with fajitas and they are only 2.5 and quit large compared to some other one's... there is also fajita one's in dunnes a gud bit smaller than the normal that are 2 points... :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

suziemcc wrote: »
    in the weight watchers eating out book for 140g box of fruit gums in cinema is 6.1/2 points and to add afew chocolate ones in i would give it around 8 points all in... so i wouldnt say u were too far off the real value of points in wat u had... smile.gif

Ouchie!

Thanks!

The last wraps I got (old el paso) were actually 3.5 when i checked them!

Word of advice though- ww 1.5 ones are crap- terrible texture and fall apart. I'd rather eat half a decent wrap!

thats y i go for the healthy living one's rather than the ww there an extra point but are lovely and can be frozen an still nice when defrosted..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Thanks for the replies!!

I had to go to Dunnes so couldn't purchase the healthy livin' Tesco ones.

I settled on "meXma multigrain wraps". There really big and has a value of 2.5.
    Dinner was delicious!!

can someone recommend something nice from the chinese for me to have for dinner, i have 14 points for it and am looking for something really satisfying as it was my weight in day and i done great so want to feel like a treat but not way over my points so tryin to keep it under.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

can someone recommend something nice from the chinese for me to have for dinner, i have 14 points for it and am looking for something really satisfying as it was my weight in day and i done great so want to feel like a treat but not way over my points so tryin to keep it under.. :)

Hi there

Congrats on the weight loss! Just be careful in the chinese though. Have a look at this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055249210&page=2 by Rubadub which gives some really useful info about ordering chinese food. A Prawn dish in a light sauce would probably be best to go for with a couple of spoons of boiled rice. And then maybe you could rob a couple of chips off whoever you are eating with :D just to get the taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 softfella

what would be the weight watchers points in a chili con carne made with Quorn mince and Shwartz chili mix?thanks!:p

• Advertisement

heya,

well the quorn mince for a 1/4 pack 88g is 1 an 1/2 pts and the sauce is 1/2 pt per 1/4 of the sachet so work it out that way depending on ur portion size :)

went shopping today an due to the nice weather coming in i decided to start pointin on the ice-pop isle and to my delight i found out that a tangle twister (which i luv) is only 1 pt per ice-pop would never have guessed this.. my friends mam has also been great today and gave me the shopping book from ww which has everything in it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

went shopping today an due to the nice weather coming in i decided to start pointin on the ice-pop isle and to my delight i found out that a tangle twister (which i luv) is only 1 pt per ice-pop would never have guessed this.. my friends mam has also been great today and gave me the shopping book from ww which has everything in it :)
    Pretty sure a twister is 1.5 points.

Pretty sure a twister is 1.5 points.
    I checked against their website and it was 1.15points, so 1 when rounded. I expect it could well have been 1.5 at some stage. many products are getting smaller these days, especially when in mulitpacks.

I checked against their website and it was 1.15points, so 1 when rounded. I expect it could well have been 1.5 at some stage. many products are getting smaller these days, especially when in mulitpacks.

ye i no the nutrition information on pack was 70cals an 0.6 sat fat so on calculater came out at 1, yes u really need to be double checking things sometimes as they can change over time.... :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 softfella

thats perfect thanks a mill!nice little low point feast for myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭cat_rant

Sadly I love diary but it doesn't love me back - No point friendly icecream or yogurts for me :( Does anyone know how many points there are in a standard orange calipo?

Does anyone know the points or nutritional information for them little pancakes you buy in the plastic packaging usually 6 or so in a pack? had 3 this morning at a friends and have no idea of the points, im hoping they're around the same points per pancake as a slice of bread maybe? If someone has a packet handy could they give me an estimate for mine? thanks :)

If someone has a packet handy could they give me an estimate for mine? thanks :)
    A good site to check for nutritional info on stuff is this
    www.mysupermarket.co.uk/

then you can enter the points here

http://points.ogo.ms/

A good site to check for nutritional info on stuff is this
    www.mysupermarket.co.uk/

then you can enter the points here

http://points.ogo.ms/

heya rubadub do u no wat points are in a bag of chips from the chinese takeaway :)

heya rubadub do u no wat points are in a bag of chips from the chinese takeaway :)
    At the top of the page on the upper right hand side you will see a "search this thread" dropdown menu, you can enter searches in there to find hits, e.g just type in "chips". I found my previous post using that search.
    Just back from the Chinese now, chips weighing in at 395g, so 853kcal, 4.3g sat fat, so 13.5 points. Again that is conservative using the McCains figures which are probably lower than usual to appear lower in cals.

This is a pretty standard size that I get in most chinese takeaways. The other day I only had a small bite for lunch and got a chinese at about 7pm, convinced I would demolish it, but only managed just over half of it, and I am known as a scoffer! they do give stupid portions. You are far better off splitting a portion or saving half for later/next day. I see more chinese places doing half portions of stuff now, I expect to cater for teenagers without much money who would otherwise head to the italian chipper. You could always ask for a half portion, I see people in my local one do it.

• Advertisement

thanks, ye i am gettin chinese with my mam today i have saved points over the past few days an worked out and walked a bit plus im not goin out the weekend so i no i wont need to save points for anything else.. we are havin veg chow mein, half each, bag of chips split between us and some curry sauce so it shudnt be all as bad as havin the whole portion, weight in is not till tues so i wud rather have the chinese tonight rather than closer to the weight in :)

Thanks a mill found them right away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

how many points in a chiper battered sausage ??

I don't think I'd want to know :(:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

My ww leader had a poster of chipper points.

She had a battered sausage at 7 points.

Hope that helps!

im starving .... ha i havent had chipper in 5 weeks

i have like 15 points left for the day.. been asleep most of the day :P

and a bag of chips from chipper is on average 8 points yeah?? i heard someone sayiing that to me before im not too sure

My ww leader had a poster of chipper points.

She had a battered sausage at 7 points.

Hope that helps!

See I find that so hard to believe... like a thick sausage uncooked in our books are 3.5 points and that wouldnt be anywhere near the size of the sausages gotten in the chipper, then you have to account for the batter which we all know is so fattening and top that off with the oil from deep frying? I find the plan so good for following at home but i think they rarely get it right when it comes to eating out, you know?

yeah I'm the same with eating out, always underestimate anyways let me believe its 7 even if its not hahah i need some bad food right now.. ill go crazy if not lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

Ok the points I got from my meeting are:

chips - 9
    fish - 7
    small burger - 8
    1/4 pounder with cheese - 17.5
    battered sausage - 7

If you have the points, go for it! A treat is a treat!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement