Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit problems since new form

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bubabear

Are they making payments on Friday nights Saturday mornings as well now???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Bubabear wrote: »
    Are they making payments on Friday nights Saturday mornings as well now???

For me they are. It's very frustrating.

Its awful. I finally got through to the yesterday about my claim for July and the woman I spoke to, said herself its so frustrating they are starting all over again and haven't a clue what's happening. I went back to work as I couldn't afford to be sick no pay at all. I really do hope they sort people out asap its so unfair people out sick last thing they need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

I got through after 1 hour 20 mins on hold

Guy said it was a system glitch, nothing I had done wrong, and I'd get an extra 33 quid in next fridays payment

Ridiculous state of affairs if you ask me - i have a S/O coming out of my account every 2nd friday for 178, so this 165 has made it go tits up

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

Did anyone get a text off them this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Still missing 33 euro. Usually when they pay 165 I get the remaining amount but not this time.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Still missing 33 euro. Usually when they pay 165 I get the remaining amount but not this time.

It's getting added to this weeks 198- you'll get 231

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Well, that didn't take long for mine to be messed up.

Just got paid 33 euro today:mad:

Sure, it's only 165 missing for a week...

wonski wrote: »
    Well, that didn't take long for mine to be messed up.

Just got paid 33 euro today:mad:

Sure, it's only 165 missing for a week...

Did you ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Has anyone managed to get through to them? Only half payment last Friday and no one can confirm what might happen this Friday.

• Advertisement

Did you ring them?

Not yet, only found out now.

I am guessing it's 1hr + on the phone to get through. Might wait till Friday and see if there is another payment on the way.

Is anyone actually getting through to them, I've spent over three hours on hold yesterday and over four hours today. I keep getting cut off at around 1 hr 4 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hawthorne

I was at my doctor for the half yearly cert 3 weeks ago. He had no new certs yet and was out of old ones. So he borrowed an old form from his partner. I sent the cert off to SW, together with a different claim form for my son who is back to college. Qualifying child and all that craic.
    The money for my son was already transferred onto my account 36 hours later....on a Saturday evening!
    Got my weekly allowance for me, my wife and my son for the next 2 weeks as usual on a Wednesday morning onto my account.
    Just checked my account an hour ago and noticed that I got money on Wednesday morning. But not the usual 361 something euro.
    60 euro and 20 cent is all I got....
    It is quite obvious that SW has not sorted out its problems yet....

Best time to call is between 4 and 5

I've always gotten through at that time and most people think they've closed at 4pm

Also, use the 01 707 number and not the lo call 1890 one

I get the feeling we're gonna get stung tomorrow and won't get what's been outstanding/left short in last weeks

I was told I'd get 231 but ain't gonna hold my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tonybuzz32000

Me too, normally get 261.40 and this week got 43.60. We would just like to know where we stand can't get through to phones sent them an email and nothing. We all still have bills and mortgages to pay.

What a joke. Rang them 45 minutes ago and after 45 minutes of being on hold and listening to music another message appeared informing me that they closed from 1 to 2pm...

Sure they could tell me this straight away rather than after 45 minutes of thanking me for staying on the line.

Not gonna ring them again this week. Just because I have lot of free time doesn't mean they can treat people like this.

I've rang 3 times this morning - all 3 were one hour calls, all 3 dropped at 59 mins and 59 secs

Gonna keep at it and try again at 2, I'll post immediately once I get through and speak with someone

• Advertisement

I've rang 3 times this morning - all 3 were one hour calls, all 3 dropped at 59 mins and 59 secs

Gonna keep at it and try again at 2, I'll post immediately once I get through and speak with someone

Tell them we are all pissed off now ;)

Good luck anyway!

I've been doing exactly the same and getting cut off at the same time!! And it's 2o'clock, we're off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I only got 132 today. Shouldn’t really complain though because I’ve been having very few issues so far.

On hold 14 mins and counting...........

What number are you ringing? I can't even get a ring tone

Bubabear wrote: »
    What number are you ringing? I can't even get a ring tone

01 7043300. You have to just keep redialling until it rings, took ten minutes for just that this morning

19 mins on hold...... Any second now I'm sure of it

NickD wrote: »
    01 7043300. You have to just keep redialling until it rings, took ten minutes for just that this morning

19 mins on hold...... Any second now I'm sure of it
    Haha thanks sure what else would we be doing!! Hahaha

25 mins on hold - if it drops at 59 I'll cut my losses and ring after 4 where I've had most success

25 mins on hold - if it drops at 59 I'll cut my losses and ring after 4 where I've had most success

I'm starting to think they just aren't answering the phones. We've both been on hold since two surely one of us would have got through by now there can't be that many ahead of us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

NickD wrote: »
    I'm starting to think they just aren't answering the phones. We've both been on hold since two surely one of us would have got through by now there can't be that many ahead of us

They don’t have any telephonists employed as in, there are no staff employed to just answer the phone
    Staff are sitting at desks processing claims and they stop what they’re doing to answer the phones.
    It’s entirely possible that they’ve decided that they’re not going to answer the phones in order to try to get through the backlog.
    Hardly any government depts have telephonists now definitely not DSP or Justice

Advertisement