Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit problems since new form

Options
1293031323335»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭horse7

Illness benefit is about 230 EUR and to get 305 EUR is 75 EUR extra at approximately 5euro increase per year if you're lucky ,so probably 15 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

horse7 wrote: »
    Illness benefit is about 230 EUR and to get 305 EUR is 75 EUR extra at approximately 5euro increase per year if you're lucky ,so probably 15 years time.

Its currently €205

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

horse7 wrote: »

It's €203...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭horse7

Sorry 203, from 305 is say 100 in the difference at 5 per year is 20 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

It’s only for people who have to self isolate for 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »

Source?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

That's my understanding as well based on the Taoiseach's announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Source?

They had a SW spokeswoman on RTE's "Drivetime" this afternoon. She said the increased payment is only for those who work and who have to self-isolate.
    Those people who are already on IB due to other reasons won't get any increase on top of their current payment.

Source?

I heard the Tanaiste announce it on Newstalk. I just heard the specific details reported on the 9 o’clock news.
    The only people getting the €305 are those affected by the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Yes. How many people are going to self isolate now i wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Pay Dirt

My cert is up this week but I may not be able to get to my Gp's next week, get a cert and hand it in

Is there any grace period or dispensation considering what's going on at the moment or is it still a case of 'dont get your cert in, dont get paid'?

Pay Dirt wrote: »
    My cert is up this week but I may not be able to get to my Gp's next week, get a cert and hand it in

Is there any grace period or dispensation considering what's going on at the moment or is it still a case of 'dont get your cert in, dont get paid'?

You’ll have to ring your local office in the morning, they’ll know.

I haven't been paid yet. Usually it goes in late Thursday night/Friday morning. This is all i need now.:(

My cert has been lost in the post or misplaced in their office. So that is why i did not get payment.
    Luckily they called me back quickly and i had already taken pictures of the cert so hope that will do for them.

But i am not sure how quickly this will be put through. All i need now really. Had planned to do normal shopping and by a small present for my Mother as it's her birthday on Sunday but cannot now.

Guys

my GP's surgery has abruptly closed and she is taking only a backlog of house calls this week apparently so I can't go to her surgery and get my monthly cert.

My last one expired last week so how does this play out? Are IB going to give a week or two grace period to get certs in or will i not get a payment due to lack of cert?

Thanks

Guys

my GP's surgery has abruptly closed and she is taking only a backlog of house calls this week apparently so I can't go to her surgery and get my monthly cert.

My last one expired last week so how does this play out? Are IB going to give a week or two grace period to get certs in or will i not get a payment due to lack of cert?

Thanks

Contact your local INTREO office they’ll know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭didntgotoplan

This is my first time claiming illness benefit and I've been off since the first week of March. I got a payment the Saturday before Paddys Day but nothing since. I know with the state the world is in that there might be delays, but any idea on when it will be paid?

Thanks

This is my first time claiming illness benefit and I've been off since the first week of March. I got a payment the Saturday before Paddys Day but nothing since. I know with the state the world is in that there might be delays, but any idea on when it will be paid?

Thanks

Hit them up on twitter with your problem, telephone number and pps number

Just a note for everyone that they are moving to fortnightly payments

I am f*cked. My stamps run out at the end of this month and they have not processed my new claim yet. Apparently they have lost it. Now with so more applicants i don't know what will happen.

• Advertisement

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I am f*cked. My stamps run out at the end of this month and they have not processed my new claim yet. Apparently they have lost it. Now with so more applicants i don't know what will happen.

What did you claim for?

What did you claim for?

Invalidity benefit as advised by my GP and citizens advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Just as a matter of this happening a lot with sent in forms, i now take photos of all documents before i sent them in, you will have to re send everything again, there is a long wait for invalidity pension, I have to claim it in july and was told 4 to 5 months wait, not sure what i have to live on for rest of time.

alie wrote: »
    Just as a matter of this happening a lot with sent in forms, i now take photos of all documents before i sent them in, you will have to re send everything again, there is a long wait for invalidity pension, I have to claim it in july and was told 4 to 5 months wait, not sure what i have to live on for rest of time.

I will just eat cornflakes as advised by someone before from their staff. I have no idea what to do now.

It's worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I know, its worrying enough when you are sick, Just send everything as best as you can and go to welfare officer in the mean time and state your case.

When are forthnightly payments commencing? This week?

So it'll be 2 weeks into bank account, nothing next week then another 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

When are forthnightly payments commencing? This week?

So it'll be 2 weeks into bank account, nothing next week then another 2 weeks?
    1 week this week. 2 week payment next week is my understanding. I got 1 week yesterday.

1 week this week. 2 week payment next week is my understanding. I got 1 week yesterday.

Oh ok

Friday is my payday

I got paid today €101 euro. Feck my life :(

• Advertisement

I only got €63 wtf how can they make a balls up like this at such an important time?

I left my 6 week cert in on Monday 16th March

Jesus

Tweeted them a message there

Advertisement