Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit problems since new form

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Right lads and ladies, we're back in the game

Just off the madra to a lovely lady in IB - basically KBC are c**ts and there'll be a payment of É1,960 in my bank account this afternoon

Phew

Also ongoing payment of 198 into A/C every wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

Right lads and ladies, we're back in the game

Just off the madra to a lovely lady in IB - basically KBC are c**ts and there'll be a payment of É1,960 in my bank account this afternoon

Phew

Also ongoing payment of 198 into A/C every wednesday

Delighted you got sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,490 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My payment was sorted a few weeks ago.
    My issue is that I am on monthly certs and I got this month's issued yesterday.
    On the old form!
    Noone in my GPs practice has yet to even see the new form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I got a payment but once again bank came in and took most of it leaving me with 20 odd Euro. MABS were supposed to sort this out.
    Think I will have to change to other bank but I will need to call IB to change details but I know that will just cause more problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

banie01 wrote: »
    My payment was sorted a few weeks ago.
    My issue is that I am on monthly certs and I got this month's issued yesterday.
    On the old form!
    Noone in my GPs practice has yet to even see the new form.

I’m on monthly certain too and got my cert on Monday on the old form. Still got my payment as usual on Thursday, so hopefully you’ll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Bubabear

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting thought to them. I haven't received my payments from July, when I was out was sent a letter in the beginning of August to say I would receive it. I'm back at work now, but its only because I cannot afford to be sick (pregnancy related).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Bubabear wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting thought to them. I haven't received my payments from July, when I was out was sent a letter in the beginning of August to say I would receive it. I'm back at work now, but its only because I cannot afford to be sick (pregnancy related).

They've closed down their phonelines - to a skeleton basis at most. I've heard rumours from the civil service that there are massive overpayments going out (and like yourself, others left unpaid)and this could drag on until Christmas - it's an IT "upgrade" gone wrong. Call 1890 66 22 44 (just general comms) to get prioritised.

I'm getting my weekly payment into my bank account on a Friday

Is that not an odd day? Used to getting Jobseekers on a Wednesday

They've closed down their phonelines - to a skeleton basis at most. I've heard rumours from the civil service that there are massive overpayments going out (and like yourself, others left unpaid)and this could drag on until Christmas - it's an IT "upgrade" gone wrong. Call 1890 66 22 44 (just general comms) to get prioritised.

Thank you for your reply.

I was down with the community officer today. Was told payment would be in bank Friday and there was nothing they could do for me.

A crap state of affairs. System is a shambles.

• Advertisement

Just got a call back from an 01 number after I emailed about a week ago. He checked the system and told me a letter with form was sent to me and I informed him that they should have received it back by 10 Aug (going on long post times) he said that's grand that they have a massive back log in post. He asked me the question again said he would send it up to them and inform them letter had been sent back. When I asked would it take another couple of weeks he said it wasn't his dept but shouldn't think it would take weeks for my payment. Also that my claim was now closed.
    Q1 what dept would he be from?
    Q2 was I just been fobbed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Bubabear wrote: »
    Just got a call back from an 01 number after I emailed about a week ago. He checked the system and told me a letter with form was sent to me and I informed him that they should have received it back by 10 Aug (going on long post times) he said that's grand that they have a massive back log in post. He asked me the question again said he would send it up to them and inform them letter had been sent back. When I asked would it take another couple of weeks he said it wasn't his dept but shouldn't think it would take weeks for my payment. Also that my claim was now closed.
    Q1 what dept would he be from?
    Q2 was I just been fobbed off?

Q1 Probably Communications - ever since IB and BSCFA went pear-shaped and headed for the hills, they've been taking the flak.

Q2 The fact he said "closed" rather than "pending" makes me think not.

Just opinions, though.

Q1 Probably Communications - ever since IB and BSCFA went pear-shaped and headed for the hills, they've been taking the flak.

Q2 The fact he said "closed" rather than "pending" makes me think not.

Just opinions, though.

Thanks. At this stage I'm back working so am not to bad in lines of having to wait( my heart goes out to those who do). I'm just nervous about it all as I will most likely have to go back on it in the near future, with an on going problem. Dunno would it be worth it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gilbert4321

Sorry to be off the track a bit but did any of ye have a problem with your employer filling out the form for you ?

Sorry to be off the track a bit but did any of ye have a problem with your employer filling out the form for you ?

They only filled it out for me when they were paying me so they could get a refund. Now they are not paying me so it's up to me but they had no problems filling it out.

Just got a payment of 165 so missing one day again. Seriously what are they up to ?

I've been speaking to them all week, after literally hours on hold, I'm really getting nowhere. They say it'll be sorted early next week but I've heard that repeatedly. It's a month since I got a penny from them

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

NickD wrote: »
    I've been speaking to them all week, after literally hours on hold, I'm really getting nowhere. They say it'll be sorted early next week but I've heard that repeatedly. It's a month since I got a penny from them

I've been waiting since July and nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    Does anybody know how long should I wait after applying for the first payment to come through?

Judging by all previous posts it is a mess for previous recipients, does it affect new claims badly, too? Sent new form just last week, so won't be owed any money yet, but want to plan my finances ahead for next few weeks as I won't be back at work until end of October.

I guess the best plan is not to expect any money at all anytime soon? Or is it not that bad for all?

Looks like new claims are being processed extremely efficiently, or I was very very lucky.

€396 just landed in my account. I sent the IB form on Tuesday 11/09 and the second wekly medical cert on Wednesday 19th. Didn't get any letter or anything but I am guessing it is two weeks payment, one in arrears and one in advance.

Still doesn't add up, but I will take it.

I actually think they are trying to drive me insane. I rang again this morning and was told I was awarded credits only. The gentleman I spoke to said looking at his screen this was clearly a mistake so he was sending it back upstairs and marking it urgent. I don't know what that means and I don't know how much longer I can cope with this.

• Advertisement

Got a payment just now. 165 euro. Should be 198. Sick of this system now. I know it's only 33 euro but when you have stuff to pay for its a lot.
    Can't wait to get back to work .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gilbert4321

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Got a payment just now. 165 euro. Should be 198. Sick of this system now. I know it's only 33 euro but when you have stuff to pay for its a lot.
    Can't wait to get back to work .

How long were you waiting ?

How long were you waiting ?

Some people are waiting weeks maybe longer and some are only waiting the 2/3 weeks. It seems to be pot luck with it. In my case I was out sick sent in my forms for the weeks I was out then sent in final cert back in July and never received anything.

How's everyone getting on?

How's everyone getting on?

Feel sorry for all your troubles. I had no issues so far. 2 weeks payment received on 24/09, another 1 week payment on 26/09 and just received another payment today. Looks like I am lucky so far. Haven't even received any letter. Is that normal?

I hope yours is sorted now.

wonski wrote: »
    Feel sorry for all your troubles. I had no issues so far. 2 weeks payment received on 24/09, another 1 week payment on 26/09 and just received another payment today. Looks like I am lucky so far. Haven't even received any letter. Is that normal?

I hope yours is sorted now.

No I'm still no further along, got through to them today after an hour and was told it's been approved (applied in July) but payment hasn't been processed as I went to the CWO twice and they have to figure out how much she gave me, then pay it back, then I get paid. It's something different every week

No I'm still no further along, got through to them today after an hour and was told it's been approved (applied in July) but payment hasn't been processed as I went to the CWO twice and they have to figure out how much she gave me, then pay it back, then I get paid. It's something different every week

They can't call the CWO and ask, deduct it from your benefit and let you move on???

That is outrageous.

Hopefully I will only be out of work only for next 4 weeks and won't have to deal with them at all in the future.

Just got paid 165 instead of my usual 198

What's that all about?

Anyone any idea?

Been on hold for an hour, cant get through

• Advertisement

Just got paid 165 instead of my usual 198

What's that all about?

That is me every week. Check your bank tomorrow and you will see €33 in it. I haven't a clue why they are doing this.

Advertisement