Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit problems since new form

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

NickD wrote: »
    Another week of no payment. The fact we can't even speak to someone is ridiculous. What are we meant to do, just silently sit here?

I suggest sending them a letter. They open my weekly certs so am going to attach a note to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

I’m going down to queue now before going to the hospital for an outpatient appointment

Will post what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

I've emailed Joe Duffy. I'll let you all know if I get a reply

Good man Nick

Good man Nick

Woman but thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

NickD wrote: »
    Woman but thank you

What did u say to them?? Just being nosy :)

Hi Joe and team

I'm just wondering if you are aware of the ongoing delay with illness benefit? It was not rectified in August as they said it would be. In fact the problems are getting worse, many people only received a portion of their payment this week and the phone line is no longer being answered. I have been on hold for over ten hours this week. Each call cuts off after 1 hr 3 mins.

I myself am one of the lucky ones. My husband works and his wage covers a lot of our bills. I was signed off work at the end of July for mental illness. I have received a grand total of four weeks payment from them in this time. Every time I spoke to them I was given a different excuse but I have received nothing for months.

Ill people do not need this stress, could you draw attention to it and perhaps see if the welfare dept could give you a statement as we are totally in the dark.

Many thanks

Do they ever lodge it on a Friday Night/Saturday Morning?

Do they ever lodge it on a Friday Night/Saturday Morning?

I have received my first payment on Saturday morning (dated Monday).

Subsequent payments were received on Wednesdays.

Waiting for my number to be called

God this place is depressing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nicrob08

Im a single mum of 3, currently on illness benefit. Same boat as others it seems. Just to add I am not getting any other beneifts. I pay my €1450 rent from my IB and maintenance, all other utilities, shopping etc I pay myself. I received €140 last Saturday, I had 2 failed direct debits as a result of insufficent funds. Ive had to make €37 stretch this week for food shopping for kids dinners, lunches etc. I wonder why there isnt at least an aknowledgement on welfare.ie in relation to the problem. Im dreading to see what (if anything) they pay tomorrow. Like everyone else Ive been on hold for hours this week trying to get through and email sent Monday was never replied to.

Just sent Joe Duffy show a text
    If everyone could send a email text tweet we might get some answers

channaigh wrote: »
    Just sent Joe Duffy show a text
    If everyone could send a email text tweet we might get some answers

Can't wait for Joe trying to ring the number on the show :)

Longest live phonecall on the radio ever.

On a more serious note some of my efts are credited very late in recent weeks, including wages (as late as 5pm). So just because the money is not there doesn't mean they won't be there later.

At least I hope that's the case.

CWO just gave me cheque for 198

Wtf is going on

I didn’t even have to ask twice, he just wrote the f—ker

WTF

and now my CWO just rang to say a payment of 198 was just lodged into my a/c by illness benefit

What a cluster f—k this all is

Anyone with an update or get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

wonski wrote: »
    Can't wait for Joe trying to ring the number on the show :)

Longest live phonecall on the radio ever.

On a more serious note some of my efts are credited very late in recent weeks, including wages (as late as 5pm). So just because the money is not there doesn't mean they won't be there later.

At least I hope that's the case.

Joe won’t do that though. He doesn’t really try to resolve things.

Anyone with an update or get sorted?

' Not I' said the cat

splinter65 wrote: »
    Joe won’t do that though. He doesn’t really try to resolve things.

Not about him resolving it but it may put some pressure on them to explain what is happening
    If this was happening with unemployment benefits there would be murder

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭woody84

I got €99 Monday night and nothing since. Not good when you're trying to keep the wolf from the door

• Advertisement

Lads and ladies

Good news

I had to go back to CWO- while waiting I spoke to 2 or 3 people who were without payment as of yet and showed me their bank apps to prove it but their CWO’s showed them his computer screens to illustrate that payment had been made today into their accounts and will be with them today, tonight or in the morning so I’d expect you all to get paid within the next 12 hours.

Keep checking your mobile and online banking!

Lads and ladies

Good news

I had to go back to CWO- while waiting I spoke to 2 or 3 people who were without payment as of yet and showed me their bank apps to prove it but their CWO’s showed them his computer screens to illustrate that payment had been made today into their accounts and will be with them today, tonight or in the morning so I’d expect you all to get paid within the next 12 hours.

Keep checking your mobile and online banking!

Its a lottery to what will actually be paid...Im missing half payments. May only be another half payment if anything, due to go in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Couldn't make it to see CWO as not feeling well enough.
    Still nothing in bank. I'm tired of checking all the time.
    I have been working all my life. Even part time when I was in school aged 16 and this is the treatment we get.

I'm tired and shy of asking people to borrow money from but there is nothing else I can do.

Also when CWO does give you a cheque you see all the no hopers wearing the best of clothes collecting their weekly payments in the post office.

I GOT THROUGH TO THEM!!! Which is good news. But the rest is not.

My claim is still on hold as I previously went to the CWO. Their system is set up in such a way that if it sees an overlap in payments it immediately puts the claim into credits only. So because of their advise to see the CWO it has further delayed the claim. Now my claim is being sent to the over payment department so they can take from the arrears the money owed to the CWO.

This is exactly the same place as I was last week, apparently the over payment department is backlogged.

The gentleman on the phone could offer no more than that, but said if it's not sorted by Wednesday to call back.

Still nothing. I am going to have to try sell my phone to pay for food and bills.
    I cannot wait any longer.

The minister who implemented this should be sacked or resign.

Payment gone into bank

Hope you all got sorted :-)

Got nothing :(

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Got nothing :(

**** sake :( absolute joke

where abouts in Dublin you based? Cabra/Phibsboro?

Nothing in my account. Im on my own with 3 kids, ive nothing now to buy food with and no one to ask for help from. They left me short last week and nothing this week.

• Advertisement

**** sake :( absolute joke

where abouts in Dublin you based? Cabra/Phibsboro?

Blanchardstown.

I'm out sick with depression so this is not helping me in any way.

Advertisement