Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit problems since new form

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

The GPs would have had plenty of notice of the change in form. Seems it's their fault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

The last 2 forms i sent in where the new ones. Cannot get through to my local office and haven't got a penny.
    Bank taking 15 euro for returned direct debits too.

Going to ring a TD but to be honest i don't expect much help.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 WDR

I've been ill since the start of August and I haven't been paid yet. My doctor gave me the old certs, I didn't know about the issue until the middle of last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    The last 2 forms i sent in where the new ones. Cannot get through to my local office and haven't got a penny.
    Bank taking 15 euro for returned direct debits too.

Going to ring a TD but to be honest i don't expect much help.

Have you made an appointment with the CWO? They’ll be able to give you a payment whilst you’re waiting. Your local office will be unable to help you, it’s the illness benefit you want to contact directly. They’re not answering the phones though.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Have you made an appointment with the CWO? They’ll be able to give you a payment whilst you’re waiting. Your local office will be unable to help you, it’s the illness benefit you want to contact directly. They’re not answering the phones though.

Nearly impossible to get though. When i did get through i was told they would call me back but that was last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭horse7

Are the gp,s looking for extra payment for the new form

Still can't through to anyone.
    I need to pay €60 tomorrow for Doctor review but medical card is still under review.
    They just keep asking for more information.

So if i cannot pay the money tomorrow i won't get a cert.

I've been out of work with depression and this joke of a government is not helping me at all despite me working and paying taxes for over 20 years.

I need to pay €60 tomorrow for Doctor review but medical card is still under review.

I've been out of work with depression and this joke of a government is not helping me at all despite me working and paying taxes for over 20 years.

I hope your not ringing illness benefit about your medical card because they won't be able to help you
    Medical cards is 1890 252 919

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

But if your Doctor is charging you a €60 quid Consult/Review Fee to issue you with a Medical Certificate isn't he getting paid twice according to that Notice on previous page that somebody posted where it states the Department pays the Doctor for yielding Forms / Medical Certs? Print out that big Notice and give it to the G.P's Receptionist.

The fee is for the examination, not the cert.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    I hope your not ringing illness benefit about your medical card because they won't be able to help you
    Medical cards is 1890 252 919

No I was ringing the medical card number.

horse7 wrote: »

Yes that's true. If I don't go for exam I won't get cert but still haven't been paid from last 2. Medical card office just told me to call back next week.
    At this stage I will owe everything out.

I'm going to leave this country once I save some money when I get back to work.

I have a job offer abroad that will give me a good lifestyle. I love Ireland but the system is always against you. It favours those who never worked a day in their life.

That is the truth, but most of us prefer to work. Hope it works out for you.

That is the truth, but most of us prefer to work. Hope it works out for you.

If it doesn't i still have a home to come back to. I'm lucky that way but so many other people don't have that option.

Just need to sell my car to finance my flight and stock up on suncream and mosquito repellent.

Hard to leave my family(have no kids) but maybe it will make me feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Stop confusing things further by mentionning Medical Card and previous Appointments and issues!! The issue at hand here is to get a Medical Cert for / to go with an Illness Benefit Form is it? And paying the Doctor. And why do you keep referring to previous Appointments!! Do they have anything to do with Illness Benefit?!? It's confusing! A Doctor can gauge in one single Appointment, one single consult/Exam, whether a Patient may need a Cert or need to go on I.B.

Well my humble opinion but I could be wrong, in-essence the Exam is the Cert!

The O.P.'s post is very all-over-the-shop and mixed-up. But what I'm trying to establish / ask if someone more knowledegeable knows, - is, if the Doctor is getting paid twice by the Patient and also by the Illness Benefit Department. I don't see how a Doctor would just give out a Medical Cert or Illness Benefit Application Forms without first carrying out some sort of Assessment/Review/Consult which would incur a general G.P. Consult of 50/60eur anyways wouldn't it?

I doubt he's just going to willy-nilly give out a Medical Cert or Illness Benefit Forms without first ascertaining whether the Patient may be in need of a Medical Cert or may be necessary to go on Illness Benefit....

And if that Notice is anything to go by, - what I would be gleaning from it is that I can obtain a Medical Cert. or Illness Benefit Application Forms at my G.P. Appointment without incurring a Consult/Assessment/Exam Fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm only monthly certs. Do I just get a new cert or do I have to fill in a whole new application again. What are new forms like. Do they require same info.

Stop confusing things further by mentionning Medical Card and previous Appointments and issues!! The issue at hand here is to get a Medical Cert for / to go with an Illness Benefit Form is it? And paying the Doctor. And why do you keep referring to previous Appointments!! Do they have anything to do with Illness Benefit?!? It's confusing! A Doctor can gauge in one single Appointment, one single consult/Exam, whether a Patient may need a Cert or need to go on I.B.

Well my humble opinion but I could be wrong, in-essence the Exam is the Cert!

The O.P.'s post is very all-over-the-shop and mixed-up. But what I'm trying to establish / ask if someone more knowledegeable knows, - is, if the Doctor is getting paid twice by the Patient and also by the Illness Benefit Department. I don't see how a Doctor would just give out a Medical Cert or Illness Benefit Application Forms without first carrying out some sort of Assessment/Review/Consult which would incur a general G.P. Consult of 50/60eur anyways wouldn't it?

I doubt he's just going to willy-nilly give out a Medical Cert or Illness Benefit Forms without first ascertaining whether the Patient may be in need of a Medical Cert or may be necessary to go on Illness Benefit....

And if that Notice is anything to go by, - what I would be gleaning from it is that I can obtain a Medical Cert. or Illness Benefit Application Forms at my G.P. Appointment without incurring a Consult/Assessment/Exam Fee.

I was signed off for one month initially and I had to have a consultation first. Maybe other doctor's will just issue certs without a consultation . Every month I have to go back for a review which I have to pay 60 euro. I am not sure how it works really as I have never been on it this long.
    Emailed Simon Harris but no reply and once again no money in account.

Still no money and no answers. A complete shambles.

Still no money and no answers. A complete shambles.

If you've no other income then your entitled to SWA

If you've no other income then your entitled to SWA

I went to local office earlier and they gave me a cheque for €196. Still missing money but at least i got something.
    To be fair the man i dealt with was nice and understanding but i don't fancy having to que up every week if the payments keep being delayed.

• Advertisement

I went to local office earlier and they gave me a cheque for €196. Still missing money but at least i got something.
    To be fair the man i dealt with was nice and understanding but i don't fancy having to que up every week if the payments keep being delayed.

Glad you got on well. Sometimes they send you out a cheque. Did you not discuss that with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bubabear

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell, I was out sick from work back in July sent away my certs and at the beginning of August got a letter to say that I would receive my benefit.
    as I'm back at work now does that still apply as never received any monies?

Glad you got on well. Sometimes they send you out a cheque. Did you not discuss that with him?

No i didn't as they have my bank details so it was paid into my account as i presumed that would be quicker.
    Never been in this situation before so not really sure how everything works.

On the plus side i walked about 11km today to sort out the mess the government has caused.

Trying to call them and they now have a message about delay's e.t.c and said they are priortising the old certs.
    I'm starting to lose track now of what i am owed and will I have to go back to SWA again every week.

They said(message when you are on hold to them) they had processed payments on the 28th August but obviously they forgot me as mine were sent in long before that and community welfare officer said it had been sent to my bank but not including the arrears i am due but nothing in bank.

More frustration and stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ckd

I don’t know what’s going on. I got a double payment on Tuesday which I pressumed was for this week and next week? Why are they giving me two payments at once?? Today (Saturday) I check my bank and they have another 80 something euro gone in but I don’t think I’m owed anything. I really need some structure for bills etc knowing what day of the week and how much I’m getting paid. This is totally all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

WDR wrote: »
    New update on welfare.ie

This is a total joke.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Illness-Benefit-Customer-Update.aspx

I just saw this post, and the following from your link...
    Where to send your certificates/forms for Illness and Injury Benefit

Illness Benefit has always been administered centrally and the Department has a dedicated freepost address for customers to send their Illness Benefit forms/certs to “Social Welfare Services, PO Box 1650, Dublin 1”. For efficiency and convenience for our customers we are asking that they send their forms/certs to this address.

I've been sending them to Aras Mhic Dhiarmada in Store St., because that is where I was told to send them to in a letter I got from my local Social Welfare Office.

Oh, and no payment received this week either.

Bloody hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Been a month now and still nothing

Am I wasting my time calling them this morning?

This is what I've gotten so far

10th Aug

Dear *****,

I wish to acknowledge receipt of your enquiry to Illness Benefit Branch.

I have passed your email to the relevant section for their attention.

Kind regards,

Illness Benefits Section

6th Aug

Dear *******,

I have sent a reminder to the relevant section for attention.

Important note: While every effort will be made to reply to your enquiry as soon as possible, response times are dependent on the number of enquiries that are already being dealt with by the Section.

Regards,

Illness Benefit Correspondence Section

Been a month now and still nothing

Am I wasting my time calling them this morning?

This is what I've gotten so far

10th Aug

Dear *****,

I wish to acknowledge receipt of your enquiry to Illness Benefit Branch.

I have passed your email to the relevant section for their attention.

Kind regards,

Illness Benefits Section

6th Aug

Dear *******,

I have sent a reminder to the relevant section for attention.

Important note: While every effort will be made to reply to your enquiry as soon as possible, response times are dependent on the number of enquiries that are already being dealt with by the Section.

Regards,

Illness Benefit Correspondence Section

If you’ve no other income then you need to see the local CWO for a SWA payment.
    Yes I would think that your wasting your time and money by ringing them.

Back queing up now to see welfare officer to get SWA. It's beyond a joke now at this stage.

Was quick enough but still much hassle. The CWO said I'll probably have to do the same for the next few weeks .
    What happens to those who are unable make the journey due to their illness ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

On hold for TWO hours today.

Bloody joke

Advertisement