Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit problems since new form

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

1 hour 3 mins and 09 seconds before I was cut off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gabi szulc

I am waiting for money from August 22 !!!
    . still I have not received any response !!!
    I call there every day and wait after an hour ....and nothing ...
    I do not know how long I have to wait in the main social in city center can not help me 😡 I do not know what to do 😣
    I have no money😢

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Right lads and ladies no one else ring - I’m gonna get on again at exactly 4pm and see what the story is with this weeks payment and the money owed to people from previous weeks (whether it’ll be included in this weeks payment)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Illness benefit are NOT taking calls but you are put through to an information line which has no information just put on hold
    Ridiculous part payment this week and two weeks missing
    Rang the 071 number

channaigh wrote: »
    Illness benefit are NOT taking calls but you are put through to an information line which has no information just put on hold
    Ridiculous part payment this week and two weeks missing
    Rang the 071 number

Which 071 number and did u get through to anyone who had info?

• Advertisement

NickD wrote: »
    Which 071 number and did u get through to anyone who had info?

071 9157100
    Receptionist answered and said illness benefit are NOT taking calls but would put me through to an information line
    Still on hold
    The Dublin number is constantly engaged

channaigh wrote: »
    071 9157100
    Receptionist answered and said illness benefit are NOT taking calls but would put me through to an information line
    Still on hold
    The Dublin number is constantly engaged

Mother of God this just gets more ridiculous

The information line is giving information from the 28th of August
    Nothing else

Time to contact The Joe Duffy show ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

If you spent the time that you are spending on the phone wasting your time by instead annoying your local CWO, persistently and doggedly then this would have been sorted out weeks ago because the CWOs would have kicked up murder...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Bubabear

I'm currently on hold with illness benefit number. Should I wait it out or stop wasting my time?

splinter65 wrote: »
    If you spent the time that you are spending on the phone wasting your time by instead annoying your local CWO, persistently and doggedly then this would have been sorted out weeks ago because the CWOs would have kicked up murder...

My cwo won't give me an appointment because my husband is earning, I got two payments off her at the very start as he had started a new job and was going from weekly to monthly pay. Now she won't see me despite the fact that his wage only just covers the direct debits.

splinter65 wrote: »

That's well and good but when you live rural and the cwo officer is 40 mintue drive away as well as dealing with an illness it's not so easy
    That is probably why a stink hasn't been caused because we are all dealing with illness

Rang between 4 and 5, call dropped again on 59 minutes

That’s nearly 5 hours today I’ve wasted calling them

I was told last week I would get my normal 198 tomorrow as well as the 33 I was left short of- so 231 in total

Bet your bollocks to a barndoor they’ve been blowing smoke up my arse and I won’t see 231 tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Will be checking my bank later tonight to see.
    Also at first they used to post out receipts but never any more.

Ridiculous state of affairs

Complete lottery whether we get paid or not

Staying up late to watch the NFL so just gonna refresh the f**k out of the bank app

I'll post here the amount I get

Staying up late to watch the NFL so just gonna refresh the f**k out of the bank app

I'll post here the amount I get

I'll be doing the same. I already know it will be wrong. And to think there is people who never worked a day in their life not having to wait and have everything. Makes my blood boil.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I'll be doing the same. I already know it will be wrong. And to think there is people who never worked a day in their life not having to wait and have everything. Makes my blood boil.

I'm expecting nothing...... again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Are you expecting missing payments tonight or do you get your regular payments overnight anyway?

Just asking as I got payments on Wednesdays, but only received 33 euro this week so should I expect a top up before the weekend?

Thanks, new to all this and can't wait to get back to work now tbh.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Are you expecting missing payments tonight or do you get your regular payments overnight anyway?

Just asking as I got payments on Wednesdays, but only received 33 euro this week so should I expect a top up before the weekend?

Thanks, new to all this and can't wait to get back to work now tbh.

Some of us were short 33 last week and only got 165 instead of 198, and those who managed to get through were told the missing 33 will be added to this weeks 198

How much of this is true though is another thing entirely

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Well I was short 165 so similar issue, just the amount that I would rather not be short on a regular basis.

Let's see what happens to yours and hopefully mine will be fixed, too.

wonski wrote: »
    Well I was short 165 so similar issue, just the amount that I would rather not be short on a regular basis.

Let's see what happens to yours and hopefully mine will be fixed, too.

Went in around 4am last week - I'll still be up so I'll post as soon as a payment is made

5.15 am and still no payment

Being ridiculously late this week

Same for me.
    Looks like I will have to brave the weather and go to CWO.

It's beyond a joke now at this stage.

BohsCeltic wrote: »

Same for me.
    Looks like I will have to brave the weather and go to CWO.

It's beyond a joke now at this stage.

Joe Duffy on the job, this

This is disgraceful

A lot of us have enough on our plates to deal with without having to worry about the uncertainty of getting a weekly payment or not

Lack of transparency on this is nothing short of f**king scandalous

Been busting my ass for 16 years paying taxes, take a 4 month hiatus due to getting sick and having to chase up like this

Thoughts of queuing in this poxy weather this morning outside the Nat King Cole office with all these brass monkeys

Another week of no payment. The fact we can't even speak to someone is ridiculous. What are we meant to do, just silently sit here?

• Advertisement

Has anyone got any joy from contacting them on Twitter?

Advertisement