Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

This unpleasant sexism really isn't a good look. Gems is a horrible person, but blokes, who no doubt aren't 'spring chickens' themselves speculating as to whether she's either a great or terrible **** because of her problems is just depressingly typical male chauvinism.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

davedanon wrote: »
    This unpleasant sexism really isn't a good look. Gems is a horrible person, but blokes, who no doubt aren't 'spring chickens' themselves speculating as to whether she's either a great or terrible **** because of her problems is just depressingly typical male chauvinism.

Don't get depressed. It can lead to erectile dysfunction.

With regard to the public person being discussed in rude terms, hasn't she a history of saying hateful things about others? Entire other ethnic groups?

Seems like a person opens them self up to these kind of remarks when they have a history of saying hateful things about others. Or does every racist hater get a free pass in the age of the great Trumpian trash talk? You know, like "no tagsies back."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

With regard to the public person being discussed in rude terms, hasn't she a history of saying hateful things about others? Entire other ethnic groups?

Seems like a person opens them self up to these kind of remarks when they have a history of saying hateful things about others. Or does every racist hater get a free pass in the age of the great Trumpian trash talk? You know, like "no tagsies back."
    She gets castigated here for her opinions but when you fall down to her level of insulting behavior it kinda steals your thunder.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

gmisk wrote: »
    Sorry only seeing this already posted but still lol

Gemma O Doherty allegedly evading service of defamation proceedings against her by Jimmy Guerin https://jrnl.ie/5172461

Ha ha ha ha

There's a pair of them in it.

Jimbo is hard is to listen to as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Just saw the video on broadsheet

Absolute dirt

Scum of the earth

What video are you talking about?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Just saw the video on broadsheet

Absolute dirt

Scum of the earth

That video and initial tweets were pure fake news. Apparently it was an electrical fire in the shed which got to the oil tank and caused the explosion. No drug dealers, no petrol bombing. The teenagers were simply onlookers.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40031435.html

You would be the expert there, I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I still will never understand the obsession some have with her, be it supporting her or people who hate her. It’s weird.
    Blocking and ignoring her ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

davedanon wrote: »
    You would be the expert there, I feel

Thank you for your attention to my private parts but it's better to stay on topic, the topic being Gemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I still will never understand the obsession some have with her, be it supporting her or people who hate her. It’s weird.
    Blocking and ignoring her ftw.

No need now. Her Twitter account is gone and so now is her ACI account. And John Waters account.

• Advertisement

Thank you for your attention to my private parts but it's better to stay on topic, the topic being Gemma.

You started it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

strandroad wrote: »
    That video and initial tweets were pure fake news. Apparently it was an electrical fire in the shed which got to the oil tank and caused the explosion. No drug dealers, no petrol bombing. The teenagers were simply onlookers.

Kero tanks dont go on fire like that. An astroturf group front for PbP called ‘fingal against racism’ have claimed that the owner told a friend who told them that it was an electrical fire , nobody else is running with that narrative and the lie about the kero tank leads me to believe they completely made it up to divert from the message they dont like

Kero tanks dont go on fire like that. An astroturf group front for PbP called ‘fingal against racism’ have claimed that the owner told a friend who told them that it was an electrical fire , nobody else is running with that narrative and the lie about the kero tank leads me to believe they completely made it up to divert from the message they dont like

So you instead want to spread an unproven rumour that targets minorities... It's almost as if you want to feed an agenda. I don't know what caused, I'd tend to veer towards waiting for the results of the investigation rather than try to feed an angry mob.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

The Nal wrote: »
    No need now. Her Twitter account is gone and so now is her ACI account. And John Waters account.

I was one, of probably many, who reported the John Waters account. Poor dumdum Gemma using her own email address on that account. No doubt she'll be back with an anonymous account.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel beams!!!

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Stark wrote: »
    Jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel beams!!!

Where are the wings??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭teddyhead

Gemmas main function is to discredit any valid arguments that so called 'patriots' make. She is a plant , who spent years working for an establishment newspaper. This is why today , we see 'patriots' piling in to support a global bank against a bunch of black folks ,who were totally ripped off by a crooked, gombeen landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'm beyond glad this so called patriot has been banned from Twitter, YouTube and Facebook. I don't give a rat's ass who you are. The vision this see you next Tuesday has for Ireland is not an Ireland I want to be a part of. Not everything is a big conspiracy theory. She and her ilk are a disgrace. Bandwagons with more emphasis on the wagons. When she used innocent children who we may not have thought of being Irish based on the colour of their skin we should have done more. Even if they weren't born here we should have stood up for them more. This is where they may call home. It's all they may know as home. She has done nothing but try to make us hate people from different countries coming here. Theyre not all bad. For them it may be similar to "No Irish need apply". They've personally done nothing wrong but they're tarred with a certain brush. Germa feck off. You're a pariah.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thats absolute lies. FCAR is nothing to do with PBP. Its completely independent. FCAR have been in direct contact with the family.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I love how people think PBP have the resources or power to pull off these grand conspiracies. Top level banter.

• Advertisement

Thats absolute lies. FCAR is nothing to do with PBP. Its completely independent. FCAR have been in direct contact with the family.

Fingal against racism, like Galway against racism etc... are all run by PbP candidates and affiliates , they portray themselves as politically independent activist groups but like when PbP put Joe loughnanne on the ticket its always a means to a political end.

So you instead want to spread an unproven rumour that targets minorities... It's almost as if you want to feed an agenda. I don't know what caused, I'd tend to veer towards waiting for the results of the investigation rather than try to feed an angry mob.

Im not perpetuating anything , but I'm saying that inventing a lie to cover up against a rumour is bad form. People perpetuating this 'kerosine tank fire' are just as bad as those saying the African youth gang did it.

Im not perpetuating anything , but I'm saying that inventing a lie to cover up against a rumour is bad form. People perpetuating this 'kerosine tank fire' are just as bad as those saying the African youth gang did it.

In fairness your post was lending credence to the "message they don't like" and before that you were pushing the narrative that it was foul play. You tend to enjoy blaming non white people for anything you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,862 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The sun rises from the East this morning and Eric is pointing an unqualified finger at the brown people again. Another day as the world turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,191 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Overheal wrote: »
    The sun rises from the East this morning and Eric is pointing an unqualified finger at the brown people again. Another day as the world turns.

'twas ever thus.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

strandroad wrote: »

Onlookers having a mini riot amongst themselves outside the burning house?

I guess the sight of burning houses has a tendency to cause people to batter the ****e out of each other...and cause automobiles to spontaneously combust the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Is heating oil Kerosene? If so our heating oil tank went on fire (we think from cigarette butts being thrown onto cardboard kept underneath) and that fire spread to the house. One of the biggest fires Carlow town ever saw with Kegs exploding 100s of metres up in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Imagine defending violent gangs (or denying they exist) for the sake of diversity...

https://twitter.com/watchdog124/status/1293140592692736002

Imagine defending violent gangs (or denying they exist) for the sake of diversity...

https://twitter.com/watchdog124/status/1293140592692736002

Erm, that was pretty unexciting. It seemed to be more a gang of teens shouting at each other with some punches thrown in center of group etc. Wasn't exactly uncommon to see when I was a teen. Also looks like a pretty mixed group of teens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Erm, that was pretty unexciting. It seemed to be more a gang of teens shouting at each other with some punches thrown in center of group etc. Wasn't exactly uncommon to see when I was a teen. Also looks like a pretty mixed group of teens.

Seen worse with (all white) gangs in East Wall, Ballybough. and inner city as a kid, and various parts of Dublin as an adult. World didn't come to an end. Seriously, get a grip.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement