Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Perhaps you should stop being racist.

Well I was going to post multiple videos but decided not to bother, check the Balbriggan hashtag on twitter if you want to see more, there are plenty.

But whats so disgusting and morally reprehensible about the attitudes on this subject is, there are many fine, hard working people of African extraction in Balbriggan. They get up, go to work, pay their mortgage/rent and try to get on in life like everyone else.
    Don't you think these people are concerned about the gangs? Don't you think these people are worried about their children? Don't you think they want to live a quiet life without this grief and hassle in their community? Maybe they would like to move away but can't afford to and are stuck with an increasing amount of fear and tension on the very streets that they live.
    These people are victims of this too you know.

But you would happily throw them to the wolves and dismiss their concerns in order to satisfy your phoney, faux, bourgeois virtue signalling and concern about "racism"

Perhaps you should think of all the black families suffering in this before you bull**** and pontificate about Racism.
    And its very, very telling that you don't even consider these people as victims of these gangs.
    So you're going on a massive rant but ultimately it goes back to your obsession with their skin colour... Some videos is not proof of anything, I can find plenty of videos of teens across the country being dicks. I'm also guessing the accounts pushing the videos are the National Party types. Also why are you fixating on their skin colour? There's white people in that video too...

• Registered Users Posts: 41,005 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Whats my world view?

Racist hate

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Your move, creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Racist hate

There's no one more hate filled on this entire site than you 'Joey'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Beholders

Well I was going to post multiple videos but decided not to bother, check the Balbriggan hashtag on twitter if you want to see more, there are plenty.

But whats so disgusting and morally reprehensible about the attitudes on this subject is, there are many fine, hard working people of African extraction in Balbriggan. They get up, go to work, pay their mortgage/rent and try to get on in life like everyone else.
    Don't you think these people are concerned about the gangs? Don't you think these people are worried about their children? Don't you think they want to live a quiet life without this grief and hassle in their community? Maybe they would like to move away but can't afford to and are stuck with an increasing amount of fear and tension on the very streets that they live.
    These people are victims of this too you know.

But you would happily throw them to the wolves and dismiss their concerns in order to satisfy your phoney, faux, bourgeois virtue signalling and concern about "racism"

Perhaps you should think of all the black families suffering in this before you bull**** and pontificate about Racism.
    And its very, very telling that you don't even consider these people as victims of these gangs.

To be fair, as anyone who is a functioning member of Irish Society, have being concerned about those things for as long as I can remember (so 50 years) regardless of their skin colour. And then my parents where, before that, so 80 years, and I assuming my grandparents, and then my great grandparents. anyway it has being happening in Ireland for at least 80 years, gangs of people terrorising a particular community. I'm not saying it is right, and it should be sorted, what I'm trying to state here is that is has absolutely nothing to do with a pigment of skin colour. (On either side of the coin, whether they are a functional member of Irish Society or a member of a anti social gang, pigment of skin colour is irrelevant) both are part of Irish society just one is anti social.

Can you explain your fixation with race? And why aren't you getting annoyed by white teens doing the same thing?

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Are you done?

mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod: Are you done?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Yes they did, except that time nobody worked themselves into hysterics and engaged in denial after denial due to the skin colour of the criminals.
    Criminal gangs are White or Traveller? No problem
    Criminal gangs are Black? Meltdown, denial, accusations, deflection etc etc

RTE ignore the part about travellers being at the centre of both feuds in Longford and Drogheda

Both travellers and black people are on the lefts sacred cow list ,hence any representation of ill behaviour by either must be ignored, underreported or blamed on " societal " issues

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    RTE ignore the part about travellers being at the centre of both feuds in Longford and Drogheda

Both travellers and black people are on the lefts sacred cow list ,hence any representation of ill behaviour by either must be ignored, underreported or blamed on " societal " issues

It's an under-reported disgrace in my opinion, but did you know that 97% of ALL CRIME in Ireland is committed by SETTLED PEOPLE!!!???

Every weekend (pre-covid) hundreds of fights would take place outside pubs, clubs and Supermacs around the country after closing time.

SETTLED PEOPLE!

(because publicans won't allow travellers on their premises)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

davedanon wrote: »
    It's an under-reported disgrace in my opinion, but did you know that 97% of ALL CRIME in Ireland is committed by SETTLED PEOPLE!!!???

Because 97% of the population is settled?

Also 3% committed by travellers is an awfully awfully disproportionate amount of crime don’t ya think?

I know your stats are only tongue in cheek but point stands.

Because 97% of the population is settled?

Also 3% committed by travellers is an awfully awfully disproportionate amount of crime don’t ya think?

I know your stats are only tongue in cheek but point stands.

The numbers are off the top of my head, obviously. Just to make the point.

The point about travellers is no one has much of a problem calling them out for criminal activities, identifying them as a group, tarring all of them with the same brush and spewing invective. Any other Irish too really, Shinners, loyalists, Scangers, Doleheads etc
    But when it comes to other groups it's a different story altogether.

You're fixated on one group because of skin colour. The video you posted had very little happen in it. A bit telling that you aren't posting anything about the woman who was pushed into the grand canal by some teens shouting racist remarks at her....

Meanwhile something far less dramatic and you're predicting murders.

The point about black people is no one has much of a problem calling them out for criminal activities, identifying them as a group, tarring all of them with the same brush and spewing invective.

Fixed that for you.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    RTE ignore the part about travellers being at the centre of both feuds in
    Longford and Drogheda

I don't watch RTE.

Did they ever mention much about that TD, who was a councillor at the time, when he wrote a letter for the Court about a Traveller in his vicinity, describing him as a 'Gentleman', when said gentleman was up in front of the Judge over some dispute or disturbance.

Or when there were raids a few weeks back around the Longford area (where that TD is from), and a 'significant cache' was discovered in several Traveller premises - over 20 locations were raided I believe. Several vehicles, jewellery, over a E100,000 in cash, caravans & designer watches seized, as well as financial accounts containing 10s of thousands of Euro being frozen.

But, let's pretend that all crime is reported equally; and that crime from certain sections/factions/ethnicities/Religious denominations either not being reported, or the minority status of the perpetrators not being mentioned in the reporting of same; whether said crime/s be it/they alleged, or already proven; is an irrelevance. Nothing to see here.

That same Tax funded organisation is fairly quick to mention these minorities and their minority status, however, when the minorities feel they've been discriminated against, or that they have been the victim of a hate-crime.

No wonder people get riled when they see the sickening double-standards at play. The more annoyed, the more likely they might be given to speaking/posting more 'brusque-like' , and Heaven forbid a few nuggets of 'inconvenient truths' might come out - then beginneth the name calling and slurs - 'extreme right wing' & (insert relevant prefix).... phobe, .....ism etc, as well as a clamour for bans (all part and parcel of this insane 'cancel culture' that's showing no signs of abating).

It's this sad state of affairs (Little in the way of impartial reporting, and extra rights being convened on some, not to mention the leniency certain sectors receive for their transgressions) that is one of the main reasons why this thread has been running for so long, and, whether or not the lady mentioned in its title is sincere or not matters not a jot, as she will always have her supporters given the current climate/agenda.

Also, no alternative viewpoints really being tolerated regarding this pandemic we're in, and not much airtime being given, if any, to same. Could well be that in three to five years time; if and when this has blown over, that the questions that should be asked and addressed now, will, or may be asked.

Something like (from RTE anchor-reading off teleprompter) this - when the boffins have done all the number crunching:

"Doctor/Minister, 'Did we get this all wrong? Should it not just have been let play out as a normal flu? Have the restrictions not been more detrimental, both directly and indirectly, to the casualty rate than the actual pandemic; if we may call it that now, itself? ' "

And the sheeple:P on here concurring, and talking about hindsight and revisionism; that is if, hopefully this site is still going.

Yep, some fairness, integrity, and honesty from the powers that be, that is decidedly lacking is providing plenty of fodder for Ms O'Doherty to be revered by many.

TL;DR summary: "There are criminal elements within the Traveller community, therefore all Travellers are criminal and I'm allowed be a bigot. Something something PC gone mad. Something something sheeple."

"It's just a flu".

• Advertisement

TL;DR summary: "There are criminal elements within the Traveller community, therefore all Travellers are criminal and I'm allowed be a bigot. Something something PC gone mad. Something something sheeple."

TS;DR summary & assessment I'm a virtue signalling ignoramus poster, who's allowed to call other posters bigots. I've been at this craic for over 2,000 posts, and it won't cease because I'm on the side of good and right. Don't waste your time reporting to mods cos nothing will happen because I'm righteous. Yours, in fact will be seen to be the greater transgression, as you should have reported it to the mods, like the forum rules say. But na na na na na na na I'll have the last laugh cos like what I said I'm above the rules.

TS;DR summary & assessment I'm a virtue signalling ignoramus poster, who's allowed to call other posters bigots. I've been at this craic for over 2,000 posts, and it won't cease because I'm on the side of good and right. Don't waste your time reporting to mods cos nothing will happen because I'm righteous. Yours, in fact will be seen to be the greater transgression, as you should have reported it to the mods, like the forum rules say. But na na na na na na na I'll have the last laugh cos like what I said I'm above the rules.

How dare you, sir and/or madam!

My post count is a mere 1,137! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Leffesem, on top of the fact you're supposed to attack the post and not the poster (as the other person did), the irony is that your post was absolutely riddled with virtue signalling.

How dare you, sir and/or madam!

My post count is a mere 1,137! ;)

Less than the fecking accuser...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,283 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Birneybau wrote: »
    Less than the fecking accuser...

and over a longer period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Well respected. :D:D:D:D:D

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Well respected. :D:D:D:D:D

"journalist".

Bonkers. Reality is going to bite her right on the @rse.
    GEMMA O’DOHERTY HAS told a judge she fears for her safety and has written a substantial document in which she has named names and which will be published in the event of anything happening to her.

“These are dangerous times for journalists like me,” she told Justice Richard Humphreys in the High Court today when she told him her naming document would be released by friends in the event of anything untoward happening.
    “I am not going to have my good name dragged through the mud. I am a journalist whose reputation is impeccable,” she stated in oral submissions to the court.
    :pac:

https://www.thejournal.ie/gemma-odoherty-court-safety-5180662-Aug2020/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Birneybau wrote: »
    “I am not going to have my good name dragged through the mud. I am a journalist whose reputation is impeccable,” she stated in oral submissions to the court.

:pac:

https://www.thejournal.ie/gemma-odoherty-court-safety-5180662-Aug2020/

"A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement