Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Seriously, get a grip.

I'll remind you of this when the inevitable murders happen.

Are you disputing that this happens with teens regardless of ethnicity? Cause I'm from a reasonably affluent area and saw similar happening. It did not lead to inevitable murders... Also you seem to be ignoring that the group has white members.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Will there be as many as in, say, the Kinahan-Hutch feud? The Hyland and Cahill murders? The various Provo/Officials/INLA feuds? Gangs of lads throwing shapes has you upset, you're a bit of a snowflake...

Are you disputing that this happens with teens regardless of ethnicity? Cause I'm from a reasonably affluent area and saw similar happening. It did not lead to inevitable murders... Also you seem to be ignoring that the group has white members.

They are a bit colour blind that way.

Seen plenty of the same growing up. Cousin was a garda in store st during late 80s and 90s the videos he has as a member of the riot squad going into the old flat complexes were fun to watch and nothing on the one provided.

Will there be as many as in, say, the Kinahan-Hutch feud? The Hyland and Cahill murders? The various Provo/Officials/INLA feuds? Gangs of lads throwing shapes has you upset, you're a bit of a snowflake...

What kind of demented, profoundly amoral logic is this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

You posted a video of some lads throwing shapes.

You predicted murders.

But I'm demented? Ok...

What kind of demented, profoundly amoral logic is this?

He's pointing out that the incident isn't a particularly unusual or outrageous one. Do you think it's moral that you keep focusing in on people by their race and outright ignore the involvement of white people?

I'm actually not even clear if any actual violence occurred in that video...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Im not perpetuating anything , but I'm saying that inventing a lie to cover up against a rumour is bad form. People perpetuating this 'kerosine tank fire' are just as bad as those saying the African youth gang did it.

Wow, young men from Africa are coming all the way over here somehow to this country, just to start fires and cause mayhem?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ironic that Clarence Boddicker is going on like we live in Detroit. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Birneybau wrote: »

Posters' choice of username can occasionally be revealing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Birneybau wrote: »

I have wanted to post that as an antithesis to that particular poster's pearl clutching on many occasions but never got around to it...
    Dammit! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Imagine defending violent gangs (or denying they exist) for the sake of diversity...

https://twitter.com/watchdog124/status/1293140592692736002

Why would the media cover a bunch of teens fighting? It's hardly news.

I was sent a video last week of a bunch of white teenagers scrapping in the middle of the road by the Samuel Beckett bridge and I didn't see people complain that the media weren't covering it.

banie01 wrote: »
    I have wanted to post that as an antithesis to that particular poster's pearl clutching on many occasions but never got around to it...
    Dammit! :pac:

Pearl clutching? These type of posts are really not going to age well at all.
    I wonder how the residents of Balbriggan, you know the ones who marched to highlight the crime, violence and gang culture, the people who have said they live in fear, the woman who was told her unborn child would be cut out of her belly, I wonder what they would think if they were told they were 'pearl clutching'

• Registered Users Posts: 25,448 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I wonder how the residents of Balbriggan, you know the ones who marched to highlight the crime, violence and gang culture, the people who have said they live in fear, the woman who was told her unborn child would be cut out of her belly, I wonder what they would think if they were told they were 'pearl clutching'

Ballymun, Tallaght, Cabra etc, all had marches in the 80's over the same things.

Why aren't you acknowledging that the 'gangs' include white people? Also nothing particularly outrageous happens in that clip....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,991 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Fingal against racism, like Galway against racism etc... are all run by PbP candidates and affiliates , they portray themselves as politically independent activist groups but like when PbP put Joe loughnanne on the ticket its always a means to a political end.

No it isnt. Fingal communities against racism is politically independent. Stop making lies up. You are embarrassing yourself making up lies here.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Ballymun, Tallaght, Cabra etc, all had marches in the 80's over the same things.

Yes they did, except that time nobody worked themselves into hysterics and engaged in denial after denial due to the skin colour of the criminals.
    Criminal gangs are White or Traveller? No problem
    Criminal gangs are Black? Meltdown, denial, accusations, deflection etc etc

Yes they did, except that time nobody worked themselves into hysterics and engaged in denial after denial due to the skin colour of the criminals.

You just posted nonsense and pretty clearly aren't willing to discuss the contents of your own posts.... Pretty telling.

You just posted nonsense and pretty clearly aren't willing to discuss the contents of your own posts.... Pretty telling.

Nonsense how?

Why aren't you acknowledging that the 'gangs' include white people? Also nothing particularly outrageous happens in that clip....

Because that doesn't fit his world view.

We were having organised fights en masse 25yrs ago.
    No mobiles or social media, but woe betide ya if you were seen scrapping in a school uniform.

Funnily enough, we also had violent gangs, car theft, muggings and even burnt out houses long before we were at the whims of these violent gangs of youths.

Teenagers, whatever their colour are raging balls of testosterone who quite often resort to tribalist behaviour as part of their adolescence.

• Advertisement

Because that doesn't fit his world view.

We were having organised fights en masse 25yrs ago.
    No mobiles or social media, but woe betide ya if you were seen scrapping in a school uniform.

Funnily enough, we also had violent gangs, car theft, muggings and even burnt out houses long before we were at the whims of these violent gangs of youths.

Teenagers, whatever their colour are raging balls of testosterone who quite often resort to tribalist behaviour as part of their adolescence.

Whats my world view?

Well, why don't you let go of your pearls and go ask them?
    Then you can post here and let us know.

Whats my world view?

That we are on the verge of replacement, that gangs of feral black youths are causing terror.

Is there anything you'd add?

Have I missed something?

Nonsense how?

I've already explained in multiple posts how the group seemed to have plenty of white people and it's not a sign of a gang war. It's been happening for decades and was a pretty dull event. But you want to push race war nonsense cause you subscribe to some pretty odd narratives..

That we are on the verge of replacement, that gangs of feral black youths are causing terror.

Is there anything you'd add?

Have I missed something?

Not quite on the verge no, another couple of decades perhaps.
    Feral gangs of Black youths are certainly causing terror in Balbriggan, there's no question of that.

Not quite on the verge no, another couple of decades perhaps.
    Feral gangs of Black youths are certainly causing terror in Balbriggan, there's no question of that.

Weird, you never push videos like this as they're all white.... Why are you so obsessed with race?

https://twitter.com/mrcolmcrowley/status/1264280221332705281?s=19

I've already explained in multiple posts how the group seemed to have plenty of white people and it's not a sign of a gang war. It's been happening for decades and was a pretty dull event. But you want to push race war nonsense cause you subscribe to some pretty odd narratives..

Pushing race war? Now that is nonsense, absolute bull**** to be honest. A complete falsehood with no foundation whatsoever.
    In any case these gangs are mostly fighting each other, its territorial rather than race based. But of course you can't acknowledge that because it doesn't fit with your world view.

Weird, you never push videos like this as they're all white.... Why are you so obsessed with race?

https://twitter.com/mrcolmcrowley/status/1264280221332705281?s=19

Its yourself thats obsessed with race..totally obsessed.

Its yourself thats obsessed with race..totally obsessed.

In fairness, you only seem to care about the teens that aren't white. Also the video you're outraged by is pretty dull and not exactly a new phenomenon.

• Advertisement

In fairness, you only seem to care about the teens that aren't white. Also the video you're outraged by is pretty dull and not exactly a new phenomenon.

Well I was going to post multiple videos but decided not to bother, check the Balbriggan hashtag on twitter if you want to see more, there are plenty.

But whats so disgusting and morally reprehensible about the attitudes on this subject is, there are many fine, hard working people of African extraction in Balbriggan. They get up, go to work, pay their mortgage/rent and try to get on in life like everyone else.
    Don't you think these people are concerned about the gangs? Don't you think these people are worried about their children? Don't you think they want to live a quiet life without this grief and hassle in their community? Maybe they would like to move away but can't afford to and are stuck with an increasing amount of fear and tension on the very streets that they live.
    These people are victims of this too you know.

But you would happily throw them to the wolves and dismiss their concerns in order to satisfy your phoney, faux, bourgeois virtue signalling and concern about "racism"

Perhaps you should think of all the black families suffering in this before you bull**** and pontificate about Racism.
    And its very, very telling that you don't even consider these people as victims of these gangs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement