Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

If Gemma is so wrong, why not leave her online and expose her as wrong in all she states?
    Banning her from a platform only looks dodgy, why not refute everything she states with proof she is wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

da_miser wrote: »
    If Gemma is so wrong, why not leave her online and expose her as wrong in all she states?
    Banning her from a platform only looks dodgy, why not refute everything she states with proof she is wrong?

She is not banned from messaging online. A private company has decided that the work involved moderating her is not worth it anymore. Also as a publisher of content they are liable for racial incitement, defamation et al even where published by others such as ms o doherty. Finally even when her craziness is shown up for the obvious vitriol it is, others may disregard that and continue her hate speech. So, saying what harm is a cop out. Free speech is a right but not without duty. She is a scourge and offers no benefit. Pay off her court costs, stop being racist, offer a proper discourse without hate and then she might be listened to.

Because innocent people regularly became victims of her behaviour. Including children.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I’m genuinely confused what it is (apart from attention seeking) she’s trying to achieve and how she plans to go about achieving something other than through ranting and raving

• Registered Users Posts: 41,005 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Because her extreme racist homophonic transphobic islamophobic bigoted hatemongering endangers peoples lives.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Acosta

If only she is still using ACI as an alternative account on both Twitter and YouTube.

She will try not to directly tweet anything that will get that account suspended or permanently taken down, but she'll crack after a few day's. She is too racist, horrid and miserable to contain herself for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

In the video posted above of her at Croke Park, she is accusing a group of people of being defenders of paedophiles and accusing one person of being a paedophile.

The response to that can't just be that people get to refute this stuff. It's entirety reasonable for the platforms to refuse to facilitate her spreading her bile.

Phoebas wrote: »
    In the video posted above of her at Croke Park, she is accusing a group of people of being defenders of paedophiles and accusing one person of being a paedophile.

The response to that can't just be that people get to refute this stuff. It's entirety reasonable for the platforms to refuse to facilitate her spreading her bile.

Exactly. She is endangering people with her hatemongering and constant hate speech. It must be difficult enough to be permanently banned off Youtube and Facebook and Twitter. Not like she is harmless.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Because she's not simply just voicing a bad opinion here she outright incites, spreads lies, shìtstirs for both personal and financial gain and is generally a toxic and twisted individual in general. They're not the kind of people that can be reasoned with only dealt with.

She's also been warned multiple times by twitter etc so when they move to permaban its usually because the likes of her will never respect others so terminating her privilages is the only option. On top of that the way they organise is for personal and financial gain as well they likely are being supported by the alt-retard crowd spreading their shìte outside the states.

Banning them is the only way of dealing with the likes of her, if they're blocked from the major platforms it limits their toxic reach and makes it harder for them to spread their bile and toxic agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Just like boards.ie , twitter has the right to block rascist assholes on their site.

Normally the only ones that cry censorship or the erosion of free speech are other rascist assholes.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭MFPM

ParkRunner wrote: »
    I’m genuinely confused what it is (apart from attention seeking) she’s trying to achieve and how she plans to go about achieving something other than through ranting and raving

I don't think she knows what she's trying to achieve, while it doesn't excuse the vomit inducing sh!t she says I firmly believe she has suffered some form of mental breakdown etc, little else explains the evolution in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I don't know the context of the twitter video of her roaring and shouting about paedos outside of Croke Park, but I came to the conclusion a while back that Gemma is experiencing some sort of mental decline / early onset senility. That's not to make light of such things, but I really think she's not well. I know her husband passed away a few years back, and from my limited understanding, psychological trauma can trigger such a decline.

Yurt! wrote: »
    I don't know the context of the twitter video of her roaring and shouting about paedos outside of Croke Park, but I came to the conclusion a while back that Gemma is experiencing some sort of mental decline / early onset senility. That's not to make light of such things, but I really think she's not well. I know her husband passed away a few years back, and from my limited understanding, psychological trauma can trigger such a decline.

Muslim celebration of Eid?

Funny comments on the thread about it from one of the national party shills on here that they hope that the fact it was televised would get them more votes, while ignoring the fact that apart from the nationality and skin colour, they have similar ideas about women, homosexuals and killing people that extremely religious Muslims would.
    But then again their shills on here don't seem the brightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The "make ireland catholic again" flag was illustrative of the mentality. There is nothing preventing somebody living as a catholic in full accordance with the teachings of that church. What has changed is that there is nothing preventing somebody to live in contradiction to a number of those teachings.

Odhinn wrote: »
    The "make ireland catholic again" flag was illustrative of the mentality. There is nothing preventing somebody living as a catholic in full accordance with the teachings of that church. What has changed is that there is nothing preventing somebody to live in contradiction to a number of those teachings.

They want rid of the protestants too so, or are they just giving up on the six countries altogether this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

hynesie08 wrote: »

is she shouting that about the muslims praying in Croke park or about the group of protestors who follow her around who protested an anti-paedophile rally the other week.

If its the latter she does have somewhat of a point, as poorly as it was expressed.

is she shouting that about the muslims praying in Croke park or about the group of protestors who follow her around who protested an anti-paedophile rally the other week.

If its the latter she does have somewhat of a point, as poorly as it was expressed.

The make Ireland Catholic again line shows that concern is bullsh1t unless of course it's ok as long as it's a Catholic doing the abuse.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    The make Ireland Catholic again line shows that concern is bullsh1t unless of course it's ok as long as it's a Catholic doing the abuse.

its not alright for anybody to abuse children, but it doesn't make sense to shout that at a bunch of muslims praying for eid.

not that anything Gemma does has to make sense but I'm trying to inject some logic here.

this doesn't make Gemma or her followers less nuts. Just explains one video.

No. Thats complete drivel. She doesnt have a point. Even if it was the people who protested that rally.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Yurt! wrote: »

That is very sad if it turns out this is all as a result of her not coping with grief. She could well be just lost in a haze & needs help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

"anti-peadophile rally"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Screaming "Pedophile", "Child Abuser" or something to that effect at counter protesters seems to be the new favourite of these basket cases.

Does this fall under libel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

RWCNT wrote: »
    Screaming "Pedophile", "Child Abuser" or something to that effect at counter protesters seems to be the new favourite of these basket cases.

Does this fall under libel?

Nah .. Dublin always odd characters knocking about the place - think of Bang Bang and Holy Mary on O'Connell Street - it's just a shame that the current version is a delirious racist bigot with (now limited) access to social media

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The "rally" against a gay td where they had pictures of nooses? Yeah they're not the good guys in this scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,594 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dan1895 wrote: »
    "anti-peadophile rally"

Yeah everyones a paedo if you don't agree with their views. She wasn't invited to that one. Shes even too crazy for The National Party and Hermanns Hermits these days.

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah everyones a paedo if you don't agree with their views. She wasn't invited to that one. Shes even too crazy for The National Party and Hermanns Hermits these days.

Sure its the way the world is now, you're either a paedo or a nazi depending on which side you're on. You can pick one or the other but nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

ParkRunner wrote: »
    That is very sad if it turns out this is all as a result of her not coping with grief. She could well be just lost in a haze & needs help!

take my word for it
    she was a disgusting human being before her husband passed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Odhinn

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    take my word for it
    she was a disgusting human being before her husband passed

How so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I used to think like that but you can't argue with people like that. You can provide proof, facts, evidence etc and they'll just ignore you and repeat their arguments over and over and over.
    There are plenty of threads here on boards for example. Obviously the posters aren't as far gone as Gemma.

You might have 20 people saying the world is round (as a not real example) but you'll have 2 flat earthers keeping the thread going for months and just repeating the same old ****e. Whenever evidence is provided it can be ignored or dismissed and after a day or two it's far back in the thread so they're off again as if it was never posted.

The idiots are in a tiny minority (I hope) but they seem to have nothing else to do so they're super vocal which makes it seem like there are loads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement