Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waverly development

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

puamch wrote: »
    Curious what's driving the high demand for Waverly, given a similar development and in similar price range in Greystones 'Glenheron' has still houses available since it's launch last Friday.

Three things: Location, location, location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Does anyone have any inkling as to when the next phase launches? Sherry Fitz won't give much away other than "Autumn".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Does anyone have any inkling as to when the next phase launches? Sherry Fitz won't give much away other than "Autumn".

I got the same answer. No idea exactly when.

SuiteCheex wrote:
    The lack of a reaction to this post has me thinking/worried that everyone is currently scrambling to join the queue outside Waverly. The same queue, I might add, that started forming earlier today before SherryFitz even got a chance to circulate the email about tomorrow's launch!

How does this happen, how did people know when it was launching ahead of the email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Patofthericks

I've heard from several people who have contacted Sherry Fitz (my girlfriend included) that its most likely to be October and that this phase is likely to be small. Maybe as little as 10 houses.

• Advertisement

I've heard from several people who have contacted Sherry Fitz (my girlfriend included) that its most likely to be October and that this phase is likely to be small. Maybe as little as 10 houses.

Is that the last phase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Patofthericks

Is that the last phase?
    No, I think there will be another 2 looking at the number of houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NA1960

Any updates on when the next phase will be launched or what type of houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fb2017

Sherry Fitz are still saying autumn 2017 and wont give out any specific month/date but above in this thread it was mentioned that a few people have heard it will be October. Im told it will only be 3 bed and 4 bed semi-d houses released.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pedanticness

Hi, just wondering if anyone that has bought or signed contracts can tell me if there is a management company in the development?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Hi, just wondering if anyone that has bought or signed contracts can tell me if there is a management company in the development?

No management company.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 puamch

Keeping an eye on this one for purchase. Any guesses if the price will increase for the next phase?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

puamch wrote: »
    Keeping an eye on this one for purchase. Any guesses if the price will increase for the next phase?

In general property prices (in Greystones in particular) are increasing so I would suspect the next phase will cost more.

Yes I would expect an increase in the next phase. Any idea when the next phase will be?

Queues at waverly though no word from EA on the launch.

Sherry Fitz turned up to site this morning and informed the people queuing that they are definitely not launching this week, there is a delay with services being provided to the estate and it is holding up the developer releasing the houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

why were people queueing?

Disappointing, EA can do better than this.

Yes very frustrating.

Disgraceful behaviour by EA as they knew people were queuing last night why not send them home then.

• Advertisement

Is that not the risk people take when queuing before any official launch is announced? I have no sympathy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Suzielucie

How did they know? Insider info??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eoinconway

Has there been any detail from either EA as to what houses they are even launching in the next phase? Rumour here was that it was only a very small launch?

Eoinconway wrote: »
    Has there been any detail from either EA as to what houses they are even launching in the next phase? Rumour here was that it was only a very small launch?

No. Sherry fitz are being very tight lipped about it all.

Blingy wrote: »
    No. Sherry fitz are being very tight lipped about it all.

Managed to have a conversation with EA today and being told best case scenario is end of October, but could as easily end up being after Christmas depending on when go-ahead is given from the bodies that need to sign off on infrastructure for the next phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dublin2018

Bit worried to hear this ! We are prepared to make a mad dash when the Official email drops but to hear people are just randomly queuing way before ! How are people managing with work etc to do this ?

Dublin2018 wrote: »
    Bit worried to hear this ! We are prepared to make a mad dash when the Official email drops but to hear people are just randomly queuing way before ! How are people managing with work etc to do this ?

At the Last launch a queue had started before the official email went out. Not sure how many were in it but I think 6 or 7.

Blingy wrote: »
    At the Last launch a queue had started before the official email went out. Not sure how many were in it but I think 6 or 7.

Last time the EA had indicated the launch would be one of the last two weekends in May, so makes sense that people took a chance on the first week and were right.
    This time it seems very random. EAs indicate it's NAMA that gives them the final word on launch date, in which case it's very poor form on a state body not to be a.lottlw more transparent and stop fueling this rampant speculation

Any info on the number of houses released

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sarah1900

They are launching approx 20 houses in the next launch, 26-47 on the site map! As sherry fitz and Kelly Walsh are giving no information whatsoever, people have no other option than to start the queue and hope for the best. I don't understand why they can't give advance notice of the launch like so many other estates. It is incredibly unfair the way people are being treated. We were told it could be as soon as next week or as far away as late December , all to do with Nama apparently, slowing things down !

Advertisement