Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waverly development

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alicefen

Hi there,

Myself and my partner are hoping to get a house on the Phase 2 release of Waverly. Just wondering is anyone aware of when the houses released in Phase 1 will be finished and people get the keys of their new home??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shubhamag

alicefen wrote: »
    Hi there,

Myself and my partner are hoping to get a house on the Phase 2 release of Waverly. Just wondering is anyone aware of when the houses released in Phase 1 will be finished and people get the keys of their new home??

Phase 1 homes (released in Jan this year) are expected to be ready by Aug-Sept.
    Phase 2 (released in May) are expected Nov - April next year and date varies by house number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Patofthericks

shubhamag wrote: »
    alicefen wrote: »
    Hi there,

Phase 1 homes (released in Jan this year) are expected to be ready by Aug-Sept.
    Phase 2 (released in May) are expected Nov - April next year and date varies by house number.

Are you sure you are talking about Waverly, as according to Sherry Fitz the 1st launch was 19th May 2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Are you sure you are talking about Waverly, as according to Sherry Fitz the 1st launch was 19th May 2017

The houses released in Jan would be called the prelaunch and then 1st phase launch was in May.

Thanks for clarifying Blingy

• Registered Users Posts: 20 puamch

Curious what's driving the high demand for Waverly, given a similar development and in similar price range in Greystones 'Glenheron' has still houses available since it's launch last Friday.

I was told that Waverly was sold out in minutes following overnight queue and interest for next phase in autumn has already reached sky-high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Those were off-plan houses only that launched last week.

I also find it slightly amusing that a new poster is raising awareness of this new development with their first post on the same day Sherry Fitzgerald are ringing people trying to sell the remaining off plan houses.

Coincidence I'm sure!

Coincidence it is and I wasn't aware of SF calls. I am more interested in knowing the reason for demand in Waverly rather than the other development.

Those were off-plan houses only that launched last week.

I also find it slightly amusing that a new poster is raising awareness of this new development with their first post on the same day Sherry Fitzgerald are ringing people trying to sell the remaining off plan houses.

Coincidence I'm sure!

I am sure with the resources developers and EAs have they can have more established and believable posters if they want to go this route.

• Advertisement

@puamch If you can't see why people are interested in Waverly yourself, then I'm certainly not going to try convince you. As you mention already enough people to compete with.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

puamch wrote: »
    Curious what's driving the high demand for Waverly, given a similar development and in similar price range in Greystones 'Glenheron' has still houses available since it's launch last Friday.

Three things: Location, location, location.

Does anyone have any inkling as to when the next phase launches? Sherry Fitz won't give much away other than "Autumn".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Does anyone have any inkling as to when the next phase launches? Sherry Fitz won't give much away other than "Autumn".

I got the same answer. No idea exactly when.

SuiteCheex wrote:
    The lack of a reaction to this post has me thinking/worried that everyone is currently scrambling to join the queue outside Waverly. The same queue, I might add, that started forming earlier today before SherryFitz even got a chance to circulate the email about tomorrow's launch!

How does this happen, how did people know when it was launching ahead of the email?

I've heard from several people who have contacted Sherry Fitz (my girlfriend included) that its most likely to be October and that this phase is likely to be small. Maybe as little as 10 houses.

• Advertisement

I've heard from several people who have contacted Sherry Fitz (my girlfriend included) that its most likely to be October and that this phase is likely to be small. Maybe as little as 10 houses.

Is that the last phase?

Is that the last phase?
    No, I think there will be another 2 looking at the number of houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NA1960

Any updates on when the next phase will be launched or what type of houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fb2017

Sherry Fitz are still saying autumn 2017 and wont give out any specific month/date but above in this thread it was mentioned that a few people have heard it will be October. Im told it will only be 3 bed and 4 bed semi-d houses released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Pedanticness

Hi, just wondering if anyone that has bought or signed contracts can tell me if there is a management company in the development?

• Advertisement

Hi, just wondering if anyone that has bought or signed contracts can tell me if there is a management company in the development?

No management company.

Keeping an eye on this one for purchase. Any guesses if the price will increase for the next phase?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

puamch wrote: »
    Keeping an eye on this one for purchase. Any guesses if the price will increase for the next phase?

In general property prices (in Greystones in particular) are increasing so I would suspect the next phase will cost more.

Yes I would expect an increase in the next phase. Any idea when the next phase will be?

Queues at waverly though no word from EA on the launch.

Sherry Fitz turned up to site this morning and informed the people queuing that they are definitely not launching this week, there is a delay with services being provided to the estate and it is holding up the developer releasing the houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

why were people queueing?

Disappointing, EA can do better than this.

Yes very frustrating.

Disgraceful behaviour by EA as they knew people were queuing last night why not send them home then.

• Advertisement

Is that not the risk people take when queuing before any official launch is announced? I have no sympathy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Suzielucie

How did they know? Insider info??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eoinconway

Has there been any detail from either EA as to what houses they are even launching in the next phase? Rumour here was that it was only a very small launch?

Eoinconway wrote: »
    Has there been any detail from either EA as to what houses they are even launching in the next phase? Rumour here was that it was only a very small launch?

No. Sherry fitz are being very tight lipped about it all.

Blingy wrote: »
    No. Sherry fitz are being very tight lipped about it all.

Managed to have a conversation with EA today and being told best case scenario is end of October, but could as easily end up being after Christmas depending on when go-ahead is given from the bodies that need to sign off on infrastructure for the next phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dublin2018

Bit worried to hear this ! We are prepared to make a mad dash when the Official email drops but to hear people are just randomly queuing way before ! How are people managing with work etc to do this ?

Dublin2018 wrote: »
    Bit worried to hear this ! We are prepared to make a mad dash when the Official email drops but to hear people are just randomly queuing way before ! How are people managing with work etc to do this ?

At the Last launch a queue had started before the official email went out. Not sure how many were in it but I think 6 or 7.

Blingy wrote: »
    At the Last launch a queue had started before the official email went out. Not sure how many were in it but I think 6 or 7.

Last time the EA had indicated the launch would be one of the last two weekends in May, so makes sense that people took a chance on the first week and were right.
    This time it seems very random. EAs indicate it's NAMA that gives them the final word on launch date, in which case it's very poor form on a state body not to be a.lottlw more transparent and stop fueling this rampant speculation

Any info on the number of houses released

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sarah1900

They are launching approx 20 houses in the next launch, 26-47 on the site map! As sherry fitz and Kelly Walsh are giving no information whatsoever, people have no other option than to start the queue and hope for the best. I don't understand why they can't give advance notice of the launch like so many other estates. It is incredibly unfair the way people are being treated. We were told it could be as soon as next week or as far away as late December , all to do with Nama apparently, slowing things down !

Thanks sarah1900 for that info. I heard reports of 10 to 30 so approx 20 is good to know. I agree it's very unfair and surely there must be a better way otherwise people will be queuing from now til Christmas ! :(

sarah1900 wrote: »
    They are launching approx 20 houses in the next launch, 26-47 on the site map! As sherry fitz and Kelly Walsh are giving no information whatsoever, people have no other option than to start the queue and hope for the best. I don't understand why they can't give advance notice of the launch like so many other estates. It is incredibly unfair the way people are being treated. We were told it could be as soon as next week or as far away as late December , all to do with Nama apparently, slowing things down !

I would imagine that it's likely that numbers 48 and 49 will also be launched, as they would be the final two houses the the second phase of the build per planning permission

Thanks Eoin, 2 Petrels I think at 48 & 49. Look like quite big gardens on some of these?

Dublin2018 wrote: »
    Thanks Eoin, 2 Petrels I think at 48 & 49. Look like quite big gardens on some of these?

Those in particular look extremely long alright. Another thing to note I see there was a recent change to the planning permission where I see the cul-de-sac for this next launch got realigned due to the elevation and the boundary between Waverly and Seagreen. Net effect looks like the houses on the west side of road / left side as you look at plan all got moved back a few metres (I'm estimating from planning docs). Not sure that the houses on oppose side got moved, so just wider footpaths and parking areas probably. Also I believe the gardens on that (west/left) side may be graded or sloped as the back of the field is higher than the level of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Carmona

Just drove by and there is more than 10 people cueing. Crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 NA1960

So are the houses going on sale this week or are people just guessing!

Still people queuing. No update on launch date.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

I live in Blacklion Manor, the estate opposite and there were people queuing again when I got home around 6.45pm.
    That is the third week in a row now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Pedanticness

They just launched, 20 three beds, 3 four beds and 1 of the five beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Carmona

I am a trusted source :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement