Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Hi all and well done on all the weight loss.
    For those that aren't reapin the rewards keep fightin
    it will happen.
    Had my fourth WI tonight.
    Down another 1.5
    Total 9 pounds!
    Meetin on portion sizes will share what's reLevant! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

dammitj wrote: »
    Hi all.

Are the weeklies really optional? My leader said we should try to eat them every week so I have been.
    Hmmmm.
    Also I exercise but I don't count the exercise points as I'm afraid I won't do it right. That's what I did last year and I'm sticking to it.

The lower fat rich tea biccies are nice with a cuppa and are only a point each.
    :)

I eat all them and half my exercise points and still am losing weight and I'm trying just to maintain. I really find that the propoints system and the amount of fruit I'm eating has fastened my metabolism big time. No doubt it will start slowing as soon as it becomes habit and I'll have to find something else to quicken it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

DOCTORWHOGIRL Ultimately you need to be the one to decide what best suits your body, you have done absoloutly fantastic and are an inspiration to me and I am sure the other ladies who have a lot to go. Do you attend classes if so ask your leader I am sure she has experience of this type of thing and will be able to offer advice. It is amazing how hard the last few punnds are to lose, maybe you could alter your diet a little or do more exercise. Whatever you decìde keep remembering how well you have done!

Hey all!!!
    Long term weightwatcher and I have to say I'm seriously concerned about these propoints!!!!

My first couple of weeks were ok.

I find that now I'm literally maintaining and not losing at all over past few weeks despite being very good.

I've never gone two weeks and stayed the same at ww so I'm a bit frustrated.

I've only 12 pounds to go to get to my personal goal, having lost around 6 stone.

Just want to know is anyone else feeling the same?

Am thinking of just returning to points!

A wild guess - are you undereating?? Notice with everyone I know that being "too good" on this propoints doesn't seem to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

astra2000 wrote: »
    DOCTORWHOGIRL Ultimately you need to be the one to decide what best suits your body, you have done absoloutly fantastic and are an inspiration to me and I am sure the other ladies who have a lot to go. Do you attend classes if so ask your leader I am sure she has experience of this type of thing and will be able to offer advice. It is amazing how hard the last few punnds are to lose, maybe you could alter your diet a little or do more exercise. Whatever you decìde keep remembering how well you have done!

Thanks Astra!
    I do attend classes, and the leader is great, but does rush us at the scales!

Thing is, I am now 5 pound above my WW goal, which I got to last June. I got to it through hard work, but lost a good pound a week to get there.

I seem to be dancing around the same half stone for the past 3 or so months with no great shift despite a real effort, particularly since January.

I exercise at least 3 times a week and a few light bits thrown in with that!

I understand what you mean though about listening to my body!
    Just curious to see was anyone else finding the same with propoints?

Well done to everyone here btw. It's been a while since I dropped by and you're doing brilliantly!

Kasmir! Defo not undereating! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I know how you feel. Over the last few weeks I've had people telling me I look great and I've lost so much weight. And last week I was on a night out and for some reason I had this wave of confidence and I was chatting guys up with no bother :D but then I saw the photos from that night out and I cringed at every one of them. I felt I still looked like I did before I started fat legs, fat arms etc. The mirror is the same. And I feel people see me that way as well. I hope like you that when I get to goal that'll change!

its so sad isnt it? i feel exactly the same Eabhabear
    myself and hubby would be out and about and id catch a glimpse of myself in a reflection or something and be horrified at waht id see or (this is going to sound awful but) see someone overweight and feel like im the same size even though my husband insists im not but its easy for him to say but its how i feel so far ive lost 1st since jan 4th and still going strong

its just so hard to shift that perception of yourself that you've lived with for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Be careful with the merginues! It's 1 pp for a nest weighing only 12grams! I got the supervalu own brand at the weekend, and they are 20g each, so 2pp per nest! Still good value for a treat! Had them last night for Valentines with blueberries, grapes and strawberries and some of the Linessa Spray Cream from Lidl - 1pp per tablespoon :D

Just weighed my Merguines they are 25 grammes ooooops!!!!
    Nust try the Linessa as i find i through out some of the WW as i dont have it that often or else throw it in my soup kinda beats the purpose of making zero point soup when i stick 2 points of cream in it :)

Thanks Astra!
    I do attend classes, and the leader is great, but does rush us at the scales!

Thing is, I am now 5 pound above my WW goal, which I got to last June. I got to it through hard work, but lost a good pound a week to get there.

I seem to be dancing around the same half stone for the past 3 or so months with no great shift despite a real effort, particularly since January.

I exercise at least 3 times a week and a few light bits thrown in with that!

I understand what you mean though about listening to my body!
    Just curious to see was anyone else finding the same with propoints?

Well done to everyone here btw. It's been a while since I dropped by and you're doing brilliantly!

Kasmir! Defo not undereating! :P

It's crazy how this new system seems to work so well for some and others are struggling. In general though I think it is very difficult to lose that last little bit. I had 1lb to lose for ages last year, it was nearly a case of having to put a couple of lbs on to lose 3 in one go. Mad! Another trick is to change your eating pattern or typical food a bit, sometimes that causes a shift in metabolic rate. You have done so well so far, keep with the new system a bit longer, you just don't know when it will kick in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Layla0509 wrote: »
    its so sad isnt it? i feel exactly the same Eabhabear
    myself and hubby would be out and about and id catch a glimpse of myself in a reflection or something and be horrified at waht id see or (this is going to sound awful but) see someone overweight and feel like im the same size even though my husband insists im not but its easy for him to say but its how i feel so far ive lost 1st since jan 4th and still going strong

its just so hard to shift that perception of yourself that you've lived with for so long

That is the same as me! I am always comparing myself to other people. When I see people the same size as me (according to friends anyway) they always look a million times smaller then me. Last time I lost the weight I got down to the same weight as my friend, we fit into each others clothes but I was still convinced that to everyone else I still looked like the fat friend out of the 2 of us!

I hate how your perception can change so quickly, like you say a quick glance in a mirror or look a photo can instantly ruin a day that you may have been feeling like you looked good!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

...Johnson Mooney & O'Brien wholemeal/ goodness of both bread: 3pp for 2slices!
    i just pointed this and got 4 pp for 2 slices:( still good tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Down 1/2 lb so not too bad I suppose!! On and upwards!! Writin this
    From spin bike I'm gym waiting for class to start.. Hoping for my first silver 7 next wk.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

So weigh in today, another 2lbs down, so 10lbs in 6 weeks. Delighted, really loving the propoints. It really is great, I don't feel deprived at all. I've also got my mum on the online version as well (after much resistance and an awakening in the changing rooms of Jack Willis :D) and I have to say the support is brilliant, she's down 10lbs as well, in 4 weeks so we're definitely doing something right. Here's to getting back to goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just caught up on todays postings. Well done for those who had a good loss & well done too who weren't too happy with their loss - a loss is a loss. Maybe it's all that water you all seem to have been drinking! I don't eat or drink anything before my WI, but it's easy for me as my class is at 9.15am & I go straight there after I leave the kids to school. And for anyone who had a gain - been there, done that & that was after a good week. There's nothing for it but to keep going. After my gain, I had a 4lb loss the next week - kinda made up for the previous week's disappointment!

Well, here in France I have had my 3rd bad day in a row. I always start off well, having my 30g packet of porridge I brought in the suitcase. We went into Disney this morning & our friends (who were going home today) texted for us all to meet up for lunch. The restaurant had no healthy options:eek:. Had a burger & chips & enjoyed every mouthful. The kids didn't eat all theres & at least one thing being on WW has taught me - I didn't eat their leftovers, but I would have before. Made a healthy (but maybe not low pp) chicken fried rice for tea when we came home. Also went swimming, but only for 10 mins as the water was so cold & youngest's lips were turning blue, so had to take her out. I know I could go back now for one as she is sleeping, but its freezing & wet out there & the thought of getting back into that freezing pool just doesn't appeal! Thinking of taking a day away to myself tomorrow & head into Paris (shopping more that sightseeing). Hubby has booked to take the kids to the princess lunch, but I really need to stop all this eating out, so the booking is for 3 instead of 4 & I can make a healthy wrap & bring some fruuit in my rucksack to munch as I walk around Paris. Au revoir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

rachel wrote: »
    So weigh in today, another 2lbs down, so 10lbs in 6 weeks. Delighted, really loving the propoints. It really is great, I don't feel deprived at all. I've also got my mum on the online version as well (after much resistance and an awakening in the changing rooms of Jack Willis :D) and I have to say the support is brilliant, she's down 10lbs as well, in 4 weeks so we're definitely doing something right. Here's to getting back to goal!

thats fantastic! well done to the both of ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

tantipie wrote: »
    i just pointed this and got 4 pp for 2 slices:( still good tho

Oh no! Repointed goodness of both and getting 5 for 2slices now, dont have the wholemeal one, from a website looks like 4 tho... Wouldnt mind but I recalculated it 2/3 times to be sure in the 1st place... Wonder what else ive been getting wrong? Sorry 2anyone who rushed out to buy some!

1/2lb down:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

Hi all. Well had my WI this morning after a very good week but a very bad wend and was 1lb down. THANK GOD ,as last week i was up half pound.....Four weeks in now on pro points and down total 9 lbs. last two weeks have been v.slow. I think pro points is slower to loose on but maybe it will stay off and that in itself will be a good thing:p
    Got the wheat bran in Tesco so muffins for the wend!!

Well done to all who have lost and to those who havent remember rome wasnt built in a day!!! KEEP AT IT... WE WILL GET THERE....

ps got the new canderel bake sugar today so will try it out at wend and keep ye posted if it was a waste of money. Very expensive..

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Does anyone know how many propoints would be in 200g of mince meat?!

newbee22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many propoints would be in 200g of mince meat?!

depends on what kind of meat it is...and how lean it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 soph!

Lost 1.5 tonight at weigh in so delighted as I'm finding it really hard to shift the last few pounds I wanna loss!!! Lost 4stone so far

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    depends on what kind of meat it is...and how lean it is

I'm so stupid! I threw the packet away but all I remember it saying was that it was lean, don't think it said extra lean or anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all!!!
    Long term weightwatcher and I have to say I'm seriously concerned about these propoints!!!!

My first couple of weeks were ok.

I find that now I'm literally maintaining and not losing at all over past few weeks despite being very good.

I've never gone two weeks and stayed the same at ww so I'm a bit frustrated.

I've only 12 pounds to go to get to my personal goal, having lost around 6 stone.

Just want to know is anyone else feeling the same?

Am thinking of just returning to points!

Hi Doctorwho, I remember a few years back a girl in a class I was in was struggling to lose the last few pounds and the leader went through her tracker, it turned out she was drinking a lot of diet 7-up, the leader suggested she gave it up, and also to try eat more points at lunch time and less at dinner. That girl lost the weight within a couple of weeks, anyway just a suggestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

I'm so stupid! I threw the packet away but all I remember it saying was that it was lean, don't think it said extra lean or anything!

From the shopping guide (the co-operative)
    fresh beef mince 20% fat 100g 7pp
    fresh everyday beef mince 1/4 pack 125g 10pp
    From pocket guide
    mince raw 140g 8

So maybe point between 12-16pp for 200g

200g of standard beef mince is 12pp

Thanks ladies!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

As promised some details from meetin this evening.
    It was mostly about portion sizes and the importance
    of weighing foods if in doubt.
    Some propoints: dolmio sweet pepper stir in 4pp s
    Youngs cod fillets in butter sauce 3 pp s each
    dunnes stores own brand "better for you" stone ground wholemeal
    1slice =1pp
    2slices=2pp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Just catching up on todays posts. On the discussion of whether you use weeklies or not, what annoys me is that from reading people's posts every leader seems to have a different perspective on them. Is there not a set rule of thumb whether you use them or not? I'm sceptical about using them but have found the last few weeks I've needed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

dunnes stores own brand "better for you" stone ground wholemeal
    1slice =1pp
    2slices=2pp

No way? its 2 for mccambridges and 5 for 2 slices!????

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

aspie mum wrote: »
    The pink and whites are 1 pp for one but 3pp for two so be carefull

Oops ..that is me gone over yesterday and today.... I don't know what I can do to stop the binging on sweet things at night time, I just can't help myself in the evening in front of the telly...Fruit will not fill the gap at this time whereas it will during the day. I think the answer is to go cold Turkey, and not buy any sweet stuff, I am managing to stay within my points (most days) but I can go from 24 points after dinner at about 7pm to 34 before bed time :;(

Weigh in tomorrow fingers crossed have been good every day except Saturday family get together and too much temptation, I had 8 s/w (1/4 triangles) with a variety of fillings, 2 slices of cheesecake and a chocolate muffin...I'd say well over my weeklys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

dammitj wrote: »
    You should be able to! Did you try Dunnes? I find them quite good, and better than Tesco if you want to buy WW stuff, which I don't really except for the hot choc, biscuits and the dessert style yogurts which are yum!

I'm having WW bread this week so I can save more pp for the evenings. I like to have something for dinner and save a couple of pp so I can have a couple of rich tea biccies or something later, otherwise I feel deprived!!

Dunnes stores have a bread, I think it's the Dunnes stores better for you granary bread and it's only 1pp per slice, it's nicer and slightly more filling than the ww bread!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 baskt

hi
    does anyone have a recipe for mars bar cake?not the one with rice krispies one that is like a normal cake. my sister loves it and i want to cook it for her birthday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement