Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Lads are TOTYs still in packs and if so how long more are they available for?

I think they’re in until Tuesday, not that it makes any difference to me as had zero luck pulling any of them
    piplip87 wrote: »
    Anybody get thay Grelish card ? Dont know if I am arsed with the objectives as I'm a fairly casual player but would fit into my squad as only got the game last week ?

You can get it done very quickly, I did it in no time at all - full press and just use any high rated loan cards as everyone is on max chemistry and stamina

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mid Zola from my base/mid pack.

Not the best but certainly not the worst. I adored his card 2 years ago, so might give him a whirl. But he's competing with 2POTM Bruno and base Messi for the spot...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

2 rival matches left and im packing the game up until thursday unless theres some great sbc i see mentioned here, some of my matches has been ridiculous, pens giving for non tackles, pens not giving for tackles from behind, 5-3-2 formation working when it wants to, packing Trapp and Rafa 3 or 4 times each in 10 or so packs.

just a weekend to forget

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Facing some good teams this weekend alright. Think that the last few weeks a lot of people have been playing their untradeable teams ahead of TOTY and now are back up to full strength. Prime Kaka seems to be one player I really can't defend against. Faced TOTY Ronaldo multiple times. Kept him quiet enough but never get to grips with Kaka.

I've not really noticed any gameplay differences since the patch tbh. Maybe because I'm changing my formation a lot recently.

Trying out the 41212 this weekend. It's so narrow and some of my players are square pegs in round holes. Makelele as the RCM and Mbappe as the LCM. Mbappe makes some great runs from deep though. It's better than last weekends 352 anyway. Was 6-3 with 9 played last weekend. 8-1 atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

11-6 and normally I'd stop here but I win to score in 4 more WL matches to get the ultimate pack from milestones so might as well go to 14/17.
    Probably get nada after all that.

Got Pogba from it.
    I could go all French again now.. IF Valverde has done well for me though.

• Advertisement

12-8 currently.

I said last week about worrying my results were badly effected by playing most of my games on a Friday and a Saturday. So I didn’t play Friday morning and have been very casual so far. And I’m 100% seeing better results now.

Probably jinx it, but 5 wins from 10 should be well doable for me to hit 17....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Finished 20-9, happy enough considering I played only 1 game on Sunday. Gameplay wasn't as fun this weekend though, seems a lot of people have switched to 4231 and it makes for very tight and defensive games.

Played quite a few TOTY players but none seemed too overpowered except that Davies card which looked insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Had to turn it off, played one WL game and few friendlies trying to finish Suarez and Grealish. drew 8-8 after extra time in WL lost on pens... In each of the games I've played today, I've found that the bounce of the ball was remarkable, in the WL game it did not seem to matter what I did, 7 of the 8 goals he got the ball reicoheted out of two/three challenges and they slam home. No hassle scoring. But I cannot keep a clean sheet for my life at the moment no matter the tactics I play.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

game is an utter joke...subs aren't working and its pissing me off big time. The team gets update but you still have the players on the pitch ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Inspired by the number of TOTY pulls in here, I’ve decided I’m gonna full-send my club into upgrades. Anything 82 rated and below is being purged today. Gotta get me that TOTY Bruno for CM. Haven’t decided if I’m gonna go full BPL upgrade or split between BPL and Bundesliga, as I also wouldn’t mind that Davies or Lewa card.

• Advertisement

Ugh, so West Brom aren't the only stupidly expensive PL team. Leeds requires a few extinct players too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Inspired by the number of TOTY pulls in here, I’ve decided I’m gonna full-send my club into upgrades. Anything 82 rated and below is being purged today. Gotta get me that TOTY Bruno for CM. Haven’t decided if I’m gonna go full BPL upgrade or split between BPL and Bundesliga, as I also wouldn’t mind that Davies or Lewa card.

I’d be tempted to fire everything into them too if they didn’t appear to be so badly weighted.
    Last year I didn’t get a toty from the upgrade packs but I got so much high rated fodder it made it worthwhile, out of about 50 premium prem upgrades the best I’ve got is 85 rodri, I think about 4 x 84’s and the rest all complete and utter muck.

I read that nepenthez opens over 800 premium upgrades before finally packing 1.
    I know it’s all down to luck though, someone else could open 1 upgrade pack and get 2 toty cards in it.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I’d be tempted to fire everything into them too if they didn’t appear to be so badly weighted.
    Last year I didn’t get a toty from the upgrade packs but I got so much high rated fodder it made it worthwhile, out of about 50 premium prem upgrades the best I’ve got is 85 rodri, I think about 4 x 84’s and the rest all complete and utter muck.

I know it’s all down to luck though, someone else could open 1 upgrade pack and get 2 toty cards in it.

Yeah, I thought I might as well... TOTY is only once a year and realistically, I’ll build up the players again from rivals rewards etc, so might as well have fun with it. I think I’ll have 30 odd packs once I’m done. Decided to do both leagues, so here’s hoping we’ll get that purple+gold flair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Yeah, I thought I might as well... TOTY is only once a year and realistically, I’ll build up the players again from rivals rewards etc, so might as well have fun with it. I think I’ll have 30 odd packs once I’m done. Decided to do both leagues, so here’s hoping we’ll get that purple+gold flair.

Yeah I’ll keep firing through them too :)

I did just get this from the jumbo rare players pack for 50 rivals wins so my pack luck has changed :)

5-B5-AECCE-39-E2-4-AC1-BA0-E-C4-CF92-E98686.jpg

Yeah I’ll keep firing through them too :)

I did just get this from the jumbo rare players pack for 50 rivals wins so my pack luck has changed :)

5-B5-AECCE-39-E2-4-AC1-BA0-E-C4-CF92-E98686.jpg

Ended up doing about 40 of them on my first run after recycling a couple times..

Alisson
    Vardy
    Thiago Silva
    4x 84s
    MOTM Rodriguez

Load of duplicate commons that I cba recycling, so just discarded. The Bundesliga ones weren’t too great... out of 12 of those, I got 1x 84. PL ones much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Just in case anyone didn't notice, there's been 5 FSG tokens given out by now so you could get a Jumbo Rare Players Pack if you have all of them

Upgrades expire tomorrow, wondering if they’ll have something there to fill the final 24 hours of TOTY?

Went from 14-8, breaking through the weekend, to 15-12 and in danger of bottling he 17, lol

And bottled. 15-14.

Four teams in a row with Pele In them too, lol. Went from battering people by five or six goals to immediately being thrashed every game. Not even Fifa bs either. Just can’t get past the skill level once I get to 14.

Last week I bother for 17. Doesn’t matter what happens, I just can’t get over that wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I am now only playing because I enjoy to play a football game on my computer, because the amount of packs that I have opened and the same ****e over and over again is a joke, you want to be able to build a team and get players that you like but this game is a joke as far as that is concerned, I must have gotten the same no mark left back from Portugal about a hundred thousand times in packs,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I am now only playing because I enjoy to play a football game on my computer, because the amount of packs that I have opened and the same ****e over and over again is a joke, you want to be able to build a team and get players that you like but this game is a joke as far as that is concerned, I must have gotten the same no mark left back from Portugal about a hundred thousand times in packs,

Ziggy Ziggy Ziggy can’t you see, sometimes your packs just hypnotise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Massively expensive SBC for another player who's already had a special card this season

JKUW1fn.png

Massively expensive SBC for another player who's already had a special card this season

JKUW1fn.png

A special card that nobody uses at that. Don't think I've come up against that card once.

Done at 14-2 for this weekend.

Goals for : 47
    Goals against: 19 (11 of these in just 3 games)
    4 rage quits

One defeat was to an absolute joker in my 4th game where I gifted him a few goals and just didn't get my head in the game. The other was a tight game against a decent player with a God squad - R9 and TOTY Lewandowski doing the damage late on.

The 41212 is defo my new favourite formation. Heavily dominated possession (60%+) in nearly every game. Was also able to keep it very tight at the back, conceding very few shots. The formation really gets the best out of Blanc at CDM, he bodies nearly everyone. Makelele really doesn't suit the box to box role but need him to balance out Mbappe on Get Forward.

Klaiber is the best CB I've used and he starts on 5 chem...

image.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

He's packed 3 of them now I think!
    RedRochey wrote: »
    Just in case anyone didn't notice, there's been 5 FSG tokens given out by now so you could get a Jumbo Rare Players Pack if you have all of them
    All worth it for a CL Herrera!! :rolleyes:
    Over 500k for that card WTF is wrong with them :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭nerd69

In fairness with that pace/physical/shooting it's a really good card

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That's insanely expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I know Sabitzer has some better links but not +500k's worth

q4H34pe.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Clinched G2 with the last game...

Capture.png

G2.jpg

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Clinched G2 with the last game...

Nice one. Can you share the spreadsheet you're using? I'm using pen & paper!

Advertisement