Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Another futile night of pack opening in the elusive hunt for a TOTY card but the best I got was 84 Fernandinho.

With no new players to try from packs - switched around my team to create a bit more interest and have hit a bit of form in Rivals with 4 straight wins - 19 goals for, 5 against.

Trying out Grealish and he’s been pretty decent - linking well with Neymar and Koeman is just a colossus. Have Suarez on the bench but Malen is still doing the business.

Team is currently: 4-3-3(4)

GK - De Gea
    RB - Klaiber
    CB - Koeman
    CB - VVD
    LB - Sinkgraven
    CM - Gravenberch
    CM - Fabinho
    CAM - Grealish
    RW - Van Bergen
    ST - Malen
    LW - Neymar

Have 408k in coins but I never buy players so the only improvements I can make are going to be through pack luck or SBCs! Would kill for some of the pack luck some have had on here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Another futile night of pack opening in the elusive hunt for a TOTY card but the best I got was 84 Fernandinho.

With no new players to try from packs - switched around my team to create a bit more interest and have hit a bit of form in Rivals with 4 straight wins - 19 goals for, 5 against.

Trying out Grealish and he’s been pretty decent - linking well with Neymar and Koeman is just a colossus. Have Suarez on the bench but Malen is still doing the business.

Team is currently: 4-3-3(4)

GK - De Gea
    RB - Klaiber
    CB - Koeman
    CB - VVD
    LB - Sinkgraven
    CM - Gravenberch
    CM - Fabinho
    CAM - Grealish
    RW - Van Bergen
    ST - Malen
    LW - Neymar

Have 408k in coins but I never buy players so the only improvements I can make are going to be through pack luck or SBCs! Would kill for some of the pack luck some have had on here :)

If it makes you feel any better my pack luck has been brutal all game too.
    3 icon packs done, Rush, Gerrard and Larsson.
    No usable red picks. My best pull has been Kante near the start. Didn't get a sniff of anything the last week but at least got Suarez and Dybala completed.
    I had TOTS Mbappe last year, he was like a cheat code, no wonder my luck has dried up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Done the 83+ attacker upgrade... two 83 untradeable duplicates :pac: don’t do it lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I don't play much, can still hold my own, but this FIFA is a downgrade in the last one. I can't believe how many great tackles I've made only to be blown up for a foul. Serious basic mechanics.

Pack luck is also worse

Last two games, 8-7 and 7-7, and that's just the tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Straight red:

MFBczrd.gif

No foul:

ymNHjd6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Hi folks, quick question for the more seasoned players please. I qualified for the weekend league the past two weekends, and got 14 wins from 30 and 11 from 25. I’m also only in division 5 in divisional rivals. My main issue is if I have a couple of positions were the players just don’t do it for me, my question is does it make a huge difference to have players from a different league creating a red link? Looking at some of the teams in here many people have red link full backs ete.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

justshane wrote: »
    Hi folks, quick question for the more seasoned players please. I qualified for the weekend league the past two weekends, and got 14 wins from 30 and 11 from 25. I’m also only in division 5 in divisional rivals. My main issue is if I have a couple of positions were the players just don’t do it for me, my question is does it make a huge difference to have players from a different league creating a red link? Looking at some of the teams in here many people have red link full backs ete.

some of us are very fussy about red links hence why we're not elite players etc :)
    But yeah.,.if you can fit in a better player who's chem isn't below 5 or so then go for it. What brings up the chem even more is if both players etc play for the same club ie I have Valverde playing beside Kante but he's on full chem because Varane plays behind him etc.
    Also play around with formations to get higher chem etc and you can adjust them in game as well using the quick tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Ah Christ, really hope they give this 2 or 3 weeks to complete as still have the last segment of bruno to do which will clear me out.

I even ended up doing the boateng sbc Friday when opening packs as didn’t want to discard some 85 rated untradeables, shoulda known they’d be sneaky and at it right after everyone is cleared out, they’ll probably put it for 1 week to try get people to rush for fifa points.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Ah Christ, really hope they give this 2 or 3 weeks to complete as still have the last segment of bruno to do which will clear me out.

I even ended up doing the boateng sbc Friday when opening packs as didn’t want to discard some 85 rated untradeables, shoulda known they’d be sneaky and at it right after everyone is cleared out, they’ll probably put it for 1 week to try get people to rush for fifa points.

I did a few regular gold upgrades last night as I saw it was paying out... got a few 84s and a dupe Alisson. Stuck in two minds now do I discard it and recover later (2 left) or just hold it but don’t open the remaining packs I have :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Big SBC coming out as now that all saved packs have been opened and fodder rinsed with Boateng, Dybala, Flashback CR7, Mid icon pack & others. They'll never change.

Would love to get an end of era Rooney but just hope they leave it there for a decent period of time. Also working on getting Prime Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,886 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

folks i have a heap of black cards (liberatadores are they?)

is there any sbc i can dump them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Cyrus wrote: »
    folks i have a heap of black cards (liberatadores are they?)

is there any sbc i can dump them in?

yeah there's the Conmebol ones...take a look at them.

Has anybody done Flashback Ronaldo? Considering doing him for his link to Dybala.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Has anybody done Flashback Ronaldo? Considering doing him for his link to Dybala.

No but I’ve come up against him a couple of times and he’s destroyed me. I know his stats don’t look great but apparently he’s a beast. Considering doing him myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Straight red:

MFBczrd.gif

No foul:

ymNHjd6.gif

Yeah, this has been a problem all fifa. So many times I've clearly won the ball and it's been given as a penalty, been hacked from behind no foul/red card, but the second I do it penalty and red card!!

GavK wrote: »
    No but I’ve come up against him a couple of times and he’s destroyed me. I know his stats don’t look great but apparently he’s a beast. Considering doing him myself.

Same as that, came up against him in WL and he was a handful. Depending on rewards on Thursday, I'll try to get him in for next WL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭nerd69

He's a nightmare to get the ball off of because of that ronaldo dribbling style but his shooting is muck is the difference. Still well worth it for the price to be fair

I'm going to get the West Brom SBC done and open the Ultimate Pack at 17:59 today!! So hard to snipe these players though!

One player (essentially a 90 Alisson) away from completing Flashback Ronaldo. However, would have to buy Alisson and always pains me to have to put a player into an SBC who had a higher value than the player you’re getting, unless it’s a duplicate of course. Still there’s still over 2 weeks left to do it so hopefully will pull some fodder from packs to enable me to complete it without using coins.

Also 2 parts away from completing Prime Keane - again no hurry as nearly 4 weeks left on that. Just doing them really as nothing else to do and now just dumping any duplicates in doing the icon loan cards to be used in friendlies.

Hopefully, they’ll be some decent content tonight

• Advertisement

Boulders8 wrote: »
    One player (essentially a 90 Alisson) away from completing Flashback Ronaldo. However, would have to buy Alisson and always pains me to have to put a player into an SBC who had a higher value than the player you’re getting, unless it’s a duplicate of course. Still there’s still over 2 weeks left to do it so hopefully will pull some fodder from packs to enable me to complete it without using coins.

Also 2 parts away from completing Prime Keane - again no hurry as nearly 4 weeks left on that. Just doing them really as nothing else to do and now just dumping any duplicates in doing the icon loan cards to be used in friendlies.

Hopefully, they’ll be some decent content tonight

I'm not expecting any content tonight, maybe a loading screen announcing Future Stars for Friday. This TOTY promo has been awful.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I'm not expecting any content tonight, maybe a loading screen announcing Future Stars for Friday. This TOTY promo has been awful.

On the loading screen isn’t there an empty slot - I think for objectives which could be filled tonight?

Also when searching for a player in your club I see you can set the filter to New Level in the rarity bit - could this be the promo to replace Future Stars or is this card already in the game and I just missed it??? Lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I really cannot stress how much I hate the whole ball juggling issue from kick off. I can usually defend them but then there’s some games where you may as well not bother trying cause every time they kick off, it’s a goal, with your players lunging out of the way of the attacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I really cannot stress how much I hate the whole ball juggling issue from kick off. I can usually defend them but then there’s some games where you may as well not bother trying cause every time they kick off, it’s a goal, with your players lunging out of the way of the attacker.

Yup most of the time as long as you get the right angle on it you can stop it.

But every once in a while the player on the ball with just bulldoze through every challenge you try and make and score no matter what you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yup most of the time as long as you get the right angle on it you can stop it.

But every once in a while the player on the ball with just bulldoze through every challenge you try and make and score no matter what you do.

Just bring striker back and slide tackle ,the one where they kick the ball Infront of them with the R1 button , that's a pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I'm going to get the West Brom SBC done and open the Ultimate Pack at 17:59 today!! So hard to snipe these players though!

Know how you feel, did the Cadiz sbc yesterday after spending an hour trying to snipe some players for an ultimate pack.

Best player from the Ultimate pack was an 82 Emre Can

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Anybody use Grealish yet, done the challenge on sunday and wont be playing til thursday, is he any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭nerd69

Anybody use Grealish yet, done the challenge on sunday and wont be playing til thursday, is he any good?

I like him a lot anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Wasnt there a patch released to fix that.....actually never mind, when has a patch fixed anything apart from not seeing those stupid footballs anymore

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Know how you feel, did the Cadiz sbc yesterday after spending an hour trying to snipe some players for an ultimate pack.

Best player from the Ultimate pack was an 82 Emre Can

Managed to snipe the 5 during my lunch. Now I wish I didn't, I don't want an 82 as the highest rated :(
    Wasnt there a patch released to fix that.....actually never mind, when has a patch fixed anything apart from not seeing those stupid footballs anymore

Next update will fix this (apparently) :rolleyes:

Advertisement