Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Some stats on my packs I've been opening since Thursday 6pm...

Below doesn't add up the cost of the 142 upgrade packs I crafted with dupes.
    Stats.png

With high rated dupes I was able to craft TOTM Bruno, FB Ronaldo & Base/Mid Icon (89 Shearer :()

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

dmigsy wrote: »
    Nice one. Can you share the spreadsheet you're using? I'm using pen & paper!

Just copy it into your own google drive and you're good to go.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XZJVGeXvnAxiXr0sYpX0dXCQCoYdUpiHlNgLc9yUGSk/edit?usp=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Reached 14 wins with 4 games to spare, tried for 17 wins but lost my next 2 games so just gave the wins away for the last 2 matches

Even with the improvement in my team I'm still ending up on the same amount of wins :D I think everyone is just getting better at the same time so you never actually move up the ranks

Having said that, I am nearly qualified for Div 3 in rivals which is by the far the highest I've ever been!

Plus half of the goals I give away are either terrible defending or stupid mistakes like trying to pass the ball out of my box

I accept you're going to concede some stupid EA glitch goals but the most annoying ones are where you defender makes a good tackle but the ball still bounces behind you for the attacker to run onto and score, I just feel like there should be an inbuilt reward of keeping the ball when making a good tackle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Used to always dismiss others that messaged me for playing with a really low defence and asking how you play like that.....

Was having a really **** weekend league with just 9 wins in 20 games so sold mbappe and bought back 91 zidanne and put him in cam in 4231 formation. Moved debth up to five and it completely transforms how you play the game and how fast it is. Way more fun i loved it and went on to win 8 of the next 10 to get 17 wins.

It will probably revert back to a hard slog again next weekend lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Fell at 16-14.
    Serves me right for thinking Suarez and Felix would cover for Puskas.
    They missed so many chances it was ridiculous and Varane and Van Dink with 3 penalties in my last 3 games...****in numbnuts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Just after hitting my first ever Elite after a year on FUT. Went 17-1 to start (bear in mind my best ever result after 10 games was 8-2...), then skill level went up and finished 23-6. All to do with my wonderful improvement over the past week and absolutely nothing to do with TOTY CR7!!! Man is a freak.

Now that goal is accomplished, it's back to playing to G3. The grind ain't worth the sheer stress and feeling of misery!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Screenshot-2021-02-01-at-00-49-34.png

Finished up 17/11. Didn't play great at all, the amount of games where I went behind was mad - I ended up winning a few but I was just making things difficult for myself. Didn't come up against much God squads at all, saw a few TOTY players but nothing mad.

That was the first WL with Dybala, Kurzawa and baby Nedved. Dybala is a fun card to play but his shooting can be hit and miss I found. I stuck a deadeye on him at the end just to get more power on his shots and that definitely helped.
    Kurzawa is class. I'm playing him at CDM, great box to box.
    Nedved was one of my favourite cards last year. Playing him wide right so he's been asked to do a lot of dirty work hence the lack of assists and goals, same as Robben

BTW whoever said to play Klaiber as a CB was spot on. Don't think he lost a race all WL, great CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Did 1 more of each of the league upgrades - only a Lukaku to show for it... think that’s me done for TOTY this year. Over 200 packs down, the wait for a TOTY continues on to FIFA 22 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Have fun with this one :D Gravenberch and Wijnaldum can be changed but I like De Jong, so keeping him. Gravenberch and Gini are DM and RCM, my RCM needs to have decent attacking as he’s balanced. I know Semedo would get 100 chem but Klaiber is a million times better.

See what you think of the below team. Obviously not sure on your budget but i'd say this team will run a lot better. 100 chem, only Suarez on 7 and everyone else on 10 chem. Just a shame you missed the Dybala SBC, he is a great card.

How you were using 7 chem walker with a 2 star weak foot at LB and not going mad. I will never know, Mendy not only fixes your chem problems but has a 5 star weak foot.

I sware Mendy and Varane are not always the solution but when you want to use La Liga midfielders its kind of unavoidable without rebuilding the whole squad.

ercgiZh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

x PyRo wrote: »
    Just after hitting my first ever Elite after a year on FUT. Went 17-1 to start (bear in mind my best ever result after 10 games was 8-2...), then skill level went up and finished 23-6. All to do with my wonderful improvement over the past week and absolutely nothing to do with TOTY CR7!!! Man is a freak.

Now that goal is accomplished, it's back to playing to G3. The grind ain't worth the sheer stress and feeling of misery!!

Congrats dude!

I went close this weekend myself but bottled it at the end, lost 4 of my last 5. Finished 20-9.

Really enjoying the new team and definitely feel I have a better balance overall now and dominate most games, but I really feel like having an elite finisher like your TOTY CR7 really is vital to bridge that gap once you get on the win streak. I missed a few great chances in some of the games as my players were under so much pressure with everyone playing 10 man drop back and zero depth. Generally the opponents top class striker would put away his 1-2 chances in a game.

My defence and midfield is complete now, so its just about perfecting the attack.

• Advertisement

Parawind wrote: »
    See what you think of the below team. Obviously not sure on your budget but i'd say this team will run a lot better. 100 chem, only Suarez on 7 and everyone else on 10 chem. Just a shame you missed the Dybala SBC, he is a great card.

How you were using 7 chem walker with a 2 star weak foot at LB and not going mad. I will never know, Mendy not only fixes your chem problems but has a 5 star weak foot.

I sware Mendy and Varane are not always the solution but when you want to use La Liga midfielders its kind of unavoidable without rebuilding the whole squad.

ercgiZh.jpg

Ooh, doesn’t seem half bad. To be honest, didn’t even realise Walker has a 2* WF. He’s very solid for me LB :pac: but then again, I ran with Robben at right ST from div 4 to div 2 and he was doing bits for me. Might give that squad a try tho, I was tempted to do the Dybala SBC but didn’t realise he expired.

Have played about 7 games with CR3.5 too, three times at ST and the rest as a RM. Honestly, he felt so much better as a RM. Not sure if it was because I was playing with 41212(2), which I normally don’t use, and using my main formation 442(2) with him out wide, but he didn’t feel too effective up top. Much much better out wide. Very responsive, dribbling is immense, heading ability is still unreal.. finishing and 3* WF isn’t as bad as I expected too, finished some very good chances. Just wish I had that TOTY Bruno to link him off!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Did the mid icon sbc and got Laudrup

He is only worth 150k, what a dud

Gets nowhere near the team

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Did the mid icon sbc and got Laudrup

He is only worth 150k, what a dud

Gets nowhere near the team

I have Figo and Rivaldo..poor saps don't even get onto the subs bench ffs.
    Hopefully we get a end tier icon which looks for icons as part of the SBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

170+ packs saved for this with the below results, only kept track of 85+ ratings:

13* Premium Gold Jumbo - UCL Skriniar, Kroos
    1* Gold Players
    15 * Gold Players Premium - Koke, Luis Alberto, Sommer
    12* Prime Gold Players - David Silva, 75 TOTW
    3 * Jumbo Gold Pack - Son
    6* Small Prime Gold Players
    3* Small Rare Gold Players
    15* Rare Gold - Casemiro, Verratti, De Gea
    11* Rare Player - Varane, Rashford, Thiago Silva, Ederson, Gulacsi, Busquets
    3* Jumbo Rare Player - Modric
    17* Mega Pack - Godin, 76 TOTW, D Silva, Lukaku, UCL Verratti, T Silva, Gulacsi, Parejo, Ter Stegen, Sane
    5* Rare Mega Pack
    3* Ultimate Pack - Bonucci
    1* 25x 83+ Player - Alisson, Varane, Sommer, Luis Alberto, Koke, Alderweireld, Bonucci
    10* Two Rare Player - TOTW Boadu, Rodri
    1* Premium Electrum
    12* Prime Electrum - UCL Mahrez, Thiago Silva, TOTW Elvedi, Firminho, Varane
    6* Rare Electrum
    12* Prime Mixed Player - 76 TOTW
    10* Rare Mixed Player
    13* 75+ Rare Player
    Prime Gaming Packs

Then I have cycled through at least 50+ of the PL Upgrade Packs with just Rashford & Henderson to show for it.

Packed Varane 3x times! First time tradeable so sold him for 120k. Second one went into an SBC as untradeable duplicate when I packed the third one. When I packed him the third time I figured FIFA is trying to tell me something so I am just going to have to be one of these people who has Varane & Mendy in their team. Outside of Varane only players who could get close to getting in my team were Ter Stegen and Alisson. Will use Rashford as a sub maybe.

No sign of a TOTY player unfortunately but I pulled enough cards to do Moments Dybala, PotM Aspas & PotM Bruno while coming out with a higher coin balance so will count that as a win. Aspas went straight into the Bruno SBC in the end so probably shouldn't have bothered doing him!

All I can say is if PotM Bruno is this good I will be terrified to see his TOTY on anther team. He is outrageous. Has that body type same as Mahrez in game where he just seems to glide around tackles when dribbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

When would be the best time to buy TOTY honourable mention Immobile ? He is selling for 245k now and will go out of packs tomorrow I think.

GavK wrote: »
    When would be the best time to buy TOTY honourable mention Immobile ? He is selling for 245k now and will go out of packs tomorrow I think.

He’ll rise out of packs, so I’d say pick up before then.

Opening the 75+ rare player packs you get from completing TOTY Messi loan, and I’ve packed another ****ing Dubravka. Swear I’ve packed him no less than 10 times this weekend and all untradeable...

Blazer wrote: »
    I have Figo and Rivaldo..poor saps don't even get onto the subs bench ffs.
    Hopefully we get a end tier icon which looks for icons as part of the SBC.

Have Kluivert, Vidic and Laudrup just in the club and no hope of game time between them. Vidic gets an odd game but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Quick tip for anyone looking for a cheap pack while TOTY still in packs,
    The Real Madrid sbc gives a 50k pack (untradeable) and only costs 10k from scratch.

I really think I'm locked into my team now till tots.
    Hoping Frenkie gets Liga potm and he can replace IF Valverde.
    I could go all french as well with Mbappe and Ben Yedder but I tried that before.
    I also have that lazy prick Pogba who even with high/med workrates still looks lethargic as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

already moved on from Son, not because he isn't good but because I wanted Dos Santos back in the team. Pires is just there because he's untradeable, thinking about getting Nedved to replace him though.

Screenshot_2021-02-01_at_10.08.48.png?width=1276&height=938

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

how do you find 4321 and mind sharing the tactic set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Cyrus wrote: »
    how do you find 4321 and mind sharing the tactic set up?

Nah that's just for chem, switches to this in game:

4Nlt3sJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Need a striker recommendation. At the moment I'm trying to decide between

IF Werner
    IF Rashford
    Mbappe
    Ronaldo

As can get all four of those guys on full chemistry. Team is below, ignore Guedes, figured I may as well try him out for a few games having wasted all that time getting him. Also Areola will be replaced by Ter Stegen soon. Team is 4-2-3-1 narrow in game.

I'm leaning towards Mbappe or IF Rashford but can't decide between the two. Anyone used both and can recommend one over the other? Rashfords 75 balance worries me.

541707.png

Frisbee wrote: »
    Need a striker recommendation.

Ronaldo is great up top

I'd go for him over Mbappe, you can get him ful chem in current set up so that's a positive aswell

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Quick tip for anyone looking for a cheap pack while TOTY still in packs,
    The Real Madrid sbc gives a 50k pack (untradeable) and only costs 10k from scratch.

Not even joking... another ****ing Dubravka for me :pac: at least this time he was accompanied by an Ndidi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Frisbee wrote: »
    Need a striker recommendation. At the moment I'm trying to decide between

IF Werner
    IF Rashford
    Mbappe
    Ronaldo

As can get all four of those guys on full chemistry. Team is below, ignore Guedes, figured I may as well try him out for a few games having wasted all that time getting him. Also Areola will be replaced by Ter Stegen soon. Team is 4-2-3-1 narrow in game.

I'm leaning towards Mbappe or IF Rashford but can't decide between the two. Anyone used both and can recommend one over the other? Rashfords 75 balance worries me.

541707.png

Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldo. Have 100s of games with Ronaldo and Mbappe in the team. Ronaldo is by far the better striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭nerd69

Ronaldo and mbappe are better but for his price if rashford is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I've been using IF Rashford for months now and haven't been tempted to look at an upgrade.

He's absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Not even joking... another ****ing Dubravka for me :pac: at least this time he was accompanied by an Ndidi.

I don’t wanna tempt you back into upgrades packs but I got more joy today out of 6 than I did in my previous 50 combined.

Got IF Bernardo 88
    Thiago silva 85
    De gea 86
    Azpilicueta 84
    Cancelo 83

Only 1 non board. This is more how I remember it from last year, I wasn’t really expecting to get a toty but was hoping for good fodder to complete the final 2 segments of bruno sbc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

https://www.futbin.com/stc/challenges?page=1&cat_id=7

List of the best value SBC’s. I got Di Maria, Busquets, Godin, Depay and a couple of TOTW’s from them so far. The Chelsea SBC pack is tradeable.

Advertisement