Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Mid Icon SBC just dropped

Non Repeatable

84, 85, 86, 86

Seems a little excessive right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Giggsy_ wrote: »

Non Repeatable

84, 85, 86, 86

Depends on what you get I suppose but it does seem expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Rare silvers are going for a nice chunk of coins atm cos of the daily TOTY SBC. Worth checking the prices of all rare silvers in your club.. I’ve made about 80k already and not even halfway through my silvers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Something weird with the 5-3-2 formation tonight, i played 2 games and on the radar, my right and left CB's looked to be standing in the full back positions, with the middle CB on his own in the semi circle outside the box, there was a gap of at least 10 yards free either side of him, so i changed to co op camera, and there they were, running out to full back positions leaving the middle CB to deal with the attackers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mid Icon SBC is very poor, about 100k more expensive than the Base/Mid Icon SBC and half the Mid Icons aren't even better than their Bases, in fact some of them are worse!

On top of that, for the biggest Saturday of the year we got...

An SBC for a Two Player Pack, and they re-released the TOTY Kit SBCs.

They've also just stopped doing Icon SBCs during this promo it seems, went back and had a look at 18, these were the available SBCs by this date:

HldWYb3.png

Every single one of them was a Prime Icon, and this was before PIMs so these were the very best version of each player. We already had Ronaldinho, Henry, Matthaus, Vieira. We had Prime Del Piero in Week 1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Something weird with the 5-3-2 formation tonight, i played 2 games and on the radar, my right and left CB's looked to be standing in the full back positions, with the middle CB on his own in the semi circle outside the box, there was a gap of at least 10 yards free either side of him, so i changed to co op camera, and there they were, running out to full back positions leaving the middle CB to deal with the attackers

I played 5 at the back earlier in a game after I was getting overrun and needed to try and protect a lead. Waste of time, thought it was just me. Two centre backs doing nothing! One moved out to tackle other two not even trying to mark the attacker. Worked fine until today so must be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Christ that CR7 flashback card is well broken.
    He completely tore me a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Meanwhile, I've 19/20 of La Liga done, and packed absolutely nothing of note.

AND I just found out the last team, Cadiz, costs about 50k, because a load of the silvers are extinct. And Futbin has it as costing 7k :(

Yeah I'm the in the same position as you! Don't really want to spend that amount of coins on CF Cadiz but the Ultimate Pack is tempting. Do you reckon the prices will come down soon?

Edit. Just saw you went ahead and did it :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Giggsy_ wrote: »

Non Repeatable

84, 85, 86, 86

Ah, bugger off. I did the 86 and 84 of the base/mid this morning :(

Packed a dupe untradeable Aguero so guess I'm doing the Mid Icon :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mid Cantona is class, 20 WL games - 20 goals & 24 assists

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Packed a dupe untradeable Aguero so guess I'm doing the Mid Icon :o

Yep I got dup untradeable Lloris recycling the PL upgrades so just decided to get one section done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Anyone else find it odd that the 12th man nominees aren't part of the honorable mentions?

This is exactly what I meant when I said half the Mid Icons aren't even better than their Base cards :(

Screenshot_2021-01-30_at_22.23.25.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

This is exactly what I meant when I said half the Mid Icons aren't even better than their Base cards :(

Mid Suker for me. Won't get close to my team unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Think I did OK on this one

This has been the worst WL in any FIFA for me, currently 10-10, I usually hit Gold 3 before my 5th loss. Every single game feels like it's against Elite 1 players, I haven't seen a single team without at least a couple TOTYs, or a red Ronaldo, or Cryuff/Pele/Gullit/Eusebio.

Oh and of course Varane and Mendy in EVERY SINGLE TEAM.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I keep switching between the PS4 and PS5 version of fifa thinking I'm going to get better luck from packs.

I've not got much today. Opened all my big packs, nothing decent in any of them Di Maria in the 85x 5 pack. An Alisson, Son few other walkouts in various packs. With duplicate fodder I've crafted 3/4 of the base/mid icon sbc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

This has been the worst WL in any FIFA for me, currently 10-10, I usually hit Gold 3 before my 5th loss. Every single game feels like it's against Elite 1 players, I haven't seen a single team without at least a couple TOTYs, or a red Ronaldo, or Cryuff/Pele/Gullit/Eusebio.

Agreed played 5 Rival matches earlier and every team was 89ovr filled with Varane, flashback Ronaldo, Cryuff, Eto'o, or Dybala, i managed to win 4, lost 1 with my little 85ovr team

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Played R9 in 4 games in a row earlier, fun times. Also played a guy who had all of the Bayern TOTY players, Pele and Gullit. Hooow??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Took pulisic from the storyline objectives, seemed decent enough, was just playing him as a striker in 3 or 4 rivals games and he got about .8 goals.

Absolutely flew through the grealish objective too thanks to whoever mentioned here last week about the overload ball side, I got it done in 13 games and about half of them were golden goal

Torres SBC done and CR7 done... got the squad on 93 chem, think that’s the best I’ll get it. Gonna try a 41212(2) with Suarez CAM and Torres/CR7 up top. Most of my fodder cleared out and down to about 75k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

gotthebug wrote: »
    Think I did OK on this one

That's a hell of a pull. I had him up until last week when I finally sold him and rebuilt my team for TOTY. A bit of advice to get the best out of him, if you are running a 2 man midfield make sure the other has High (Def)/Medium (Attack) work rates. I found no matter what I did he would just go wandering forward sometimes and was a little slow to get back, even on stay back while attacking.

The problem with his card is you expect him to do everything and be everywhere, so I was a little frustrated by his defending. That's not to knock him, he is an amazing card and he can produce magic, just something to think about to ensure you get the best out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Torres SBC done and CR7 done... got the squad on 93 chem, think that’s the best I’ll get it. Gonna try a 41212(2) with Suarez CAM and Torres/CR7 up top. Most of my fodder cleared out and down to about 75k.

I refuse to accept this, post your team and we'll find a way to get you to 100 chem.

Decided to make a couple purchases with some of the Bruno money, team looking like this now

Screenshot_20210131-030731.jpg?width=706&height=937

Parawind wrote: »
    I refuse to accept this, post your team and we'll find a way to get you to 100 chem.

Have fun with this one :D Gravenberch and Wijnaldum can be changed but I like De Jong, so keeping him. Gravenberch and Gini are DM and RCM, my RCM needs to have decent attacking as he’s balanced. I know Semedo would get 100 chem but Klaiber is a million times better.
    AF601-E59-313-F-4-FD7-B11-D-AC0-F46244180.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Parawind wrote: »
    A bit of advice to get the best out of him, if you are running a 2 man midfield make sure the other has High (Def)/Medium (Attack) work rates. I found no matter what I did he would just go wandering forward sometimes and was a little slow to get back, even on stay back while attacking.

I'm finding medium(att)/high(def) is absolutely essentially on one CM/CDM since the last patch. I feel like the last patch totally changed the gameplay. Even the medium/high players with stay back while attacking sometimes don't have any sense of urgency to get back, but other players just don't come back at all.

I'm finding it more or less impossible to keep cleansheets now. I want to do POTM Bruno, but I think I might just go for Prime Keane for his workrates. Don't want to get halfway to Bruno and run out of fodder & packs. Used Prime Keane to get Grealish and at least he tracks back more than others.

The rest of my CDMs/CMs stroll around and couldn't be arsed defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Bought back Puskas...his price is increasing again for his baby and mid.
    I had bought his mid for 1.8mill and its back to 2 mill now.
    His baby a few weeks back was going for 1.4mill and its now back at 1.65/1.75 mil.
    Needless to say he's back....and causing rage quits again :D
    Poor Suarez...he's a damn good card but Puskas is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Anybody get thay Grelish card ? Dont know if I am arsed with the objectives as I'm a fairly casual player but would fit into my squad as only got the game last week ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lads are TOTYs still in packs and if so how long more are they available for?

Advertisement