Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭webpal

Qrt wrote: »
    I think it depends on your phone tbh

Fair enough, but where do you see on their website that multiple sms are sent as mms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Cork981

Eir are currently upgrading all masts to the latest Huawai RANs, this should improve coverage and speeds considerably around the country in the next 18 month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Something weird happened to my bill. I see I never paid last month and now owe double. 40 euro as I have two sims on one email address account.

May be connected to 2 more sims on another account I have with different email address but paid from same card.

I spoke to live chat and they just say I never paid last month. I dont understand it as they have my card and the payment for the other two sims was processed. Strange. I paid it manually anyway but they never notified me.

All is good anyway.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

webpal wrote: »
    Fair enough, but where do you see on their website that multiple sms are sent as mms?
    ?? It's got nothing to do with GoMo.

It's a setting called 'Group Messaging' in the default Messenger app used by most Android phones. The options are:

Send an SMS reply to all recipients and get individual replies (mass text),
    Send an MMS reply to all recipients (group MMS).

If you have the second option selected, then when you try sending a text to more than one recipient, it sends as an MMS. Some phones seem to come with this option selected by default.

webpal wrote: »

Nothing to do with the network, it's up to your messaging app whether it turns into an MMS or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Does the unlimited calls apply to all landlines and networks or is it only network-to-network calls? Going to sign up the auld one to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Does the unlimited calls apply to all landlines and networks or is it only network-to-network calls? Going to sign up the auld one to them.

All calls

Something weird happened to my bill. I see I never paid last month and now owe double. 40 euro as I have two sims on one email address account.

May be connected to 2 more sims on another account I have with different email address but paid from same card.

I spoke to live chat and they just say I never paid last month. I dont understand it as they have my card and the payment for the other two sims was processed. Strange. I paid it manually anyway but they never notified me.

All is good anyway.

Yeah, they set up their payment system to only take one automatic payment per month per payment card to prevent against duplicate payments getting processed for whatever reason.

So if you used the same card on more than one account, only one automatic payment would process successfully.

I thought they had changed this due to complaints but maybe not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,070 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Nothing to do with the network, it's up to your messaging app whether it turns into an MMS or not.

Daughters on gomo.
    Sorry to jump in, but if my daughter uses WhatsApp/Viber would they show up as sms on the bill? She has a 108 sms on the bill to her two friends but she never sent those sms, I checked the messenger app, and they aren't there. Not bothered, they were all sms apart from one mms which cost me 30c. But it's really odd, she gets voicemail notifications now too saying dial 123. When she does it says the number is incorrect.

Son uses WhatsApp/Viber and he doesn't have a single sms on his bill.

Irritating quirks rather than anything, but I'd rather know what's going on.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Switched back to Vodafone today. I'll happily pay double for peace of mind and a reliable service. Gomo stranding me with no phone service abroad for 3 weeks, and then refusing a promised refund for lack of service had me done.

• Advertisement

Daughters on gomo.
    Sorry to jump in, but if my daughter uses WhatsApp/Viber would they show up as sms on the bill? She has a 108 sms on the bill to her two friends but she never sent those sms, I checked the messenger app, and they aren't there. Not bothered, they were all sms apart from one mms which cost me 30c. But it's really odd, she gets voicemail notifications now too saying dial 123. When she does it says the number is incorrect.

You can use Facebook messenger as your default SMS app so make sure she doesn't have that turned on by accident. :)

You can use Facebook messenger as your default SMS app so make sure she doesn't have that turned on by accident. :)

That's not it, but thanks anyway.

That's not it, but thanks anyway.

Be sure to check it's not another similar app (e.g. Hangouts) that allows SMSs as well as normal Whatsapp-like messages.

Are the SMSs to phone numbers you recognize? She definitely wouldn't be being secretive and deleting the SMSs after sending them?

Be sure to check it's not another similar app (e.g. Hangouts) that allows SMSs as well as normal Whatsapp-like messages.

Are the SMSs to phone numbers you recognize? She definitely wouldn't be being secretive and deleting the SMSs after sending them?

The two numbers are her best friends, I'd be confident she's not deleting anything. She only uses Viber/WhatsApp. Not to worry, it's just really strange seeing the huge list of numbers to sms on her account.

Daughters on gomo.

Neither Viber nor WhatsApp send SMS so the only other plausible explanation is she has another SMS app on the phone in addition to Messenger.

Quackster wrote: »
    Neither Viber nor WhatsApp send SMS so the only other plausible explanation is she has another SMS app on the phone in addition to Messenger.

It's what I thought too , Snapchat Instagram, WhatsApp and Viber, as well as the standard messaging app are all that's on her phone.

If it was to other numbers I'd be slightly suspicious (though not very) but it's just her two best friends that my wife has in her contacts too, so I know they're genuine numbers for her genuine friends, she has no need to use a different app to contact them.

Appreciate the help though.

It's what I thought too , Snapchat Instagram, WhatsApp and Viber, as well as the standard messaging app are all that's on her phone.

If it was to other numbers I'd be slightly suspicious (though not very) but it's just her two best friends that my wife has in her contacts too, so I know they're genuine numbers for her genuine friends, she has no need to use a different app to contact them.

Appreciate the help though.

Does she definitely have the official version of each of those apps? That's the only thing I can think of besides the possibility of her deleting private SMSs to keep them away from her parent's eye. Snapchat/WhatsApp/Viber definitely have nothing to do with it assuming they're the official versions.

Does she definitely have the official version of each of those apps? That's the only thing I can think of besides the possibility of her deleting private SMSs to keep them away from her parent's eye. Snapchat/WhatsApp/Viber definitely have nothing to do with it assuming they're the official versions.

Yeah, all official versions. My phone is full of dodgy crap but hers is all playstore, and I know all 16 year olds hide stuff but to these two friends, it's just really unlikely. Not to worry anyway, I'll just keep an eye on the numbers and make sure i don't get overrun with billable texts.

Yeah, all official versions. My phone is full of dodgy crap but hers is all playstore, and I know all 16 year olds hide stuff but to these two friends, it's just really unlikely. Not to worry anyway, I'll just keep an eye on the numbers and make sure i don't get overrun with billable texts.

Any chance your daughter's wifi/internet was down for a day, she switched to SMSs in the meantime, deleted the messages afterwards and forgot?

• Advertisement

Any chance your daughter's wifi/internet was down for a day, she switched to SMSs in the meantime, deleted the messages afterwards and forgot?

They're all when she's off WiFi, at her grandads house. It's a head scratcher, I'll see where it goes with next months bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

They're all when she's off WiFi, at her grandads house. It's a head scratcher, I'll see where it goes with next months bill.

When away form WIFI maybe she is sometimes in a black spot with no data.

tuxy wrote: »
    When away form WIFI maybe she is sometimes in a black spot with no data.

Ooh, interesting, would messaging apps use sms if they can't get to data? because she says she doesn't use the messaging app.

A variant of that idea seems very plausible.

Ooh, interesting, would messaging apps use sms if they can't get to data? because she says she doesn't use the messaging app.

I don't use enough messaging apps to answer for sure. I do know facebook messenger is capable of sending SMS, perhaps others can too.

The only ones that I believe do are the ones that have been mentioned already (Hangouts and Facebook Messenger).

Even if your daughter used an app separate to the default SMS app, the SMS messages should still appear in the default app as well.

The only ones that I believe do are the ones that have been mentioned already (Hangouts and Facebook Messenger).

Even if your daughter used an app separate to the default SMS app, the SMS messages should still appear in the default app as well.

And they haven't.

Appreciate every ones efforts, but I best call it quits on this thread, before I annoy anyone any further.

• Advertisement

And they haven't.

Appreciate every ones efforts, but I best call it quits on this thread, before I annoy anyone any further.

But I'm intrigued now.....
    We have covered everything of importance by now anyway so it's fine to have a slight shift in discussion.

tuxy wrote: »
    But I'm intrigued now.....
    We have covered everything of importance by now anyway so it's fine to have a slight shift in discussion.

Well i am intrigued as well, I'm not out of pocket, I just don't understand it............

No, don't drag me in again tuxy!

Well i am intrigued as well, I'm not out of pocket, I just don't understand it............

That makes three of us! :D

You're not out of pocket this month sure but if you can't explain that 1 MMS then who knows how many you will be billed for next month. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Qrt

The two numbers are her best friends, I'd be confident she's not deleting anything. She only uses Viber/WhatsApp. Not to worry, it's just really strange seeing the huge list of numbers to sms on her account.

Ha, if you think that’s huge, my last bill was 20 pages long full of SMSs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Up to 4 SIMs per account now according to their Twitter
    https://twitter.com/gomoireland/statuses/1229752426263121921

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

theShire wrote: »
    Up to 4 SIMs per account now according to their Twitter
    https://twitter.com/gomoireland/statuses/1229752426263121921

stupid question probably, but what's the purpose of getting 4 sims on one account rather than individual sims as required? Thanks.

stupid question probably, but what's the purpose of getting 4 sims on one account rather than individual sims as required? Thanks.

Quicker to add a new sim then make a new account for each family member, easier to manage all of the sims under just one account etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭daedal

Is anybody else having a lot of "call failed" errors lately on this network or is my phone just bollixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

If you have children under 18 as far as I know they can't sign up to GoMo, so you can get them on your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

daedal wrote: »
    Is anybody else having a lot of "call failed" errors lately on this network or is my phone just bollixed

Not got that at all on mine, using Gomo since the week it came out....

daedal wrote: »

I haven't had any issues anyway.

data is hopeless the last week or so in dublin 1. no data half the time.

anyone similar story?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭uponthegad

data is hopeless the last week or so in dublin 1. no data half the time.

anyone similar story?

I've found the same in Dublin 1 since I moved to Gomo at Christmas. I switched 4g off and it's fine. By chance turned 4g on again yesterday and same story, unusable. Back to 3g and perfect. Strangely 4g shows full signal but doesn't work.

uponthegad wrote: »
    I've found the same in Dublin 1 since I moved to Gomo at Christmas. I switched 4g off and it's fine. By chance turned 4g on again yesterday and same story, unusable. Back to 3g and perfect. Strangely 4g shows full signal but doesn't work.

tried that, no joy im afraid. will soldier on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭kippy

uponthegad wrote: »

Have ye contacted GoMo to advise them of these issues?
    A few people with the same issue in the same/similiar geographical area could indicate an issue with:
    A. Some network hardware/software configuration in the area.
    B. Capacity in the area.
    Or a combination of both. Neither of these things are within GoMos control (most likely) but they can bring it to the attention of the network provider.
    The won't know about this unless everyone with the issue makes them aware of the issue and their location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Do the GoMo sims work on any network locked phones, e.g Eir. Or do I need an unlocked phone. The screen broke on the one I was using, so looking to pick up a new phone fairly cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The Mulk wrote: »
    Do the GoMo sims work on any network locked phones, e.g Eir. Or do I need an unlocked phone. The screen broke on the one I was using, so looking to pick up a new phone fairly cheap.

They will work on an Eir Locked phone but not on any other phones that are locked to other networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭The Mulk

kippy wrote: »
    They will work on an Eir Locked phone but not on any other phones that are locked to other networks.

cheers I might have one of them lying around the house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Anyone else miss a lot of calls? Girlfriend and I both had the same issue, phone not ringing and people phoning just going straight to our voicemails. I've since switched and my problems have disappeared but she keeps missing calls as a result.
    Data seems fine and there's always a connection so it's not that.

kippy wrote: »
    Have ye contacted GoMo to advise them of these issues?
    A few people with the same issue in the same/similiar geographical area could indicate an issue with:
    A. Some network hardware/software configuration in the area.
    B. Capacity in the area.
    Or a combination of both. Neither of these things are within GoMos control (most likely) but they can bring it to the attention of the network provider.
    The won't know about this unless everyone with the issue makes them aware of the issue and their location.

havent had the connection to contact em 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

havent had the connection to contact em 🙄

Connected to boards.ie handy enough though.

podge018 wrote: »
    Connected to boards.ie handy enough though.

you tried logging in to gomo site on a mobile, pal

you tried logging in to gomo site on a mobile, pal

I had only logged in using my home broadband on my pc.

Just tried over 4g on my mobile, works perfectly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Has anyone got the PIN2 SIM code from gomo? I'm looking to set up fixed dial numbers and their customer service deny any knowledge of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement